FRIDAY EVE., JUNE 8, 2018 AT 4:00 P.M. CDT SATURDAY, JUNE 9, 2018 AT 8:30 A.M. CDT
First Central State Bank Trust Department 203 N Main Street • PO Box 1210 Maquoketa, IA 52060-1210 Executor of the Winston Smith Estate
Auctioneers’ Note Mark your calendars now and plan ahead for this large and interesting 2-day estate auction for the late Winston Smith. Winston started the Eastern Iowa Threshers Association, which was held on his farm each year for many years. It was an event in which people came from long distances. He was also awarded “Thresher of the Year” at the Mt. Pleasant, Iowa Midwest Old Threshers Show. In the earlier years, Winston owned and operated Smith’s Trucking & Corn Shelling Business, Smith’s Machine Shop and also farmed. Mr. Smith was well respected by his peers and we have had countless individuals comment on how talented he was and how he took time to visit with each and every one of them. We hope you make plans to attend this unique event! Sale Order Day 1 - Fri. Eve., June 8 @ 4:00 P.M. - Selling a large quantity of major shop tools, metal lathes, large rare anvil (nicest we’ve ever sold), power tools, hand tools, plus other miscellaneous items. Please note: Preview and pre-sale registration will take place throughout the day. We encourage all bidders to register for a bid number on Friday and be prepared for the early 8:30 A.M. auction on Saturday. Day 2 - Sat., June 9 @ 8:30 A.M. - Selling approximately 20+ collector tractors, several hit n’ miss engines, stationary engines, farm implements, high wheel wagons, gas pumps, signs, plus an excellent selection of early farm primitives. Additional Sale Information This is a no reserve auction. No on-site buyer’s premium or loading fees. Two auction rings throughout part of both days—please come prepared with an extra bidder(s). Lunch available on the grounds. Method of Payment: Cash, Check or major credit card. Everything must be settled for in full each day. Photo ID required to receive a bid number. Loader tractor and auction personnel will be available both days to assist in load out. Live internet bidding available on larger select items. Not responsible for accidents, errors or omissions. Announcements sale day take precedence.
Tractor* & Far" Implement*
• John Deere stationary baler on steel wheel gear, SN BP1002E • IHC 4-bottom pull-type plow • (2) IHC 3-bottom pull-type plows • John Deere 2 bottom pull-type plow • IHC 2 bottom pull-type plow • 1-bottom horse-drawn sulky plow • JD #2 horse-drawn sickle-bar mower w/ steel cleat wheels • John Deere 2 row planter, solid • JD 2 row horse-drawn planter w/seed and fertilizer boxes, check wire and markers • Horse-drawn steel wheel potato planter • Early IH steel wheel horse drawn manure spreader, nice older restoration, shedded • Galvanized flare box wagon on gear w/hoist • 2-row horse-drawn cultivator • John Deere pull-type corn binder • JD steel wheel running gear • Birdsell Mfg. wooden threshing machine, all (4) wooden wheels are in excellent condition • Case threshing machine • Stover Mfg. No. 101 rock crusher w/elevator and on steel wheel gear • MM Model D corn sheller, SN 472992 • Adams Road Patrol No. 41 steel wheel pull- type road grader • Older dirt scraper, hasn’t been used in awhile • Krause 12’ disk • Hayrack wagon on running gear • 46” diameter pull-type lawn roller • Ditch Witch gas-powered trencher, hasn’t run in awhile • Hyster fork lift, solid laminated tires • Hyster Model QN-20 lift truck, as-is • Few rear tractor steel wheels • Few pieces of older equipment to be sold for salvage • Several magnetos
• Rock Island 15-25 tractor, front and rear steel, SN H4-34065 • John Deere D tractor, front and rear steel w/rear extensions, sells complete w/front pulley buzz saw, SN 61271 • John Deere B unstyled tractor, round spoke wheels, SN 55418 • John Deere B unstyled tractor, spoke wheels, fenders, SN 19295 • John Deere B tractor, clam shell fenders, SN 96465 • John Deere G unstyled tractor, SN 8241 • John Deere A unstyled tractor, older restoration, front rubber and rear steel, SN 436696 • John Deere A tractor, SN tag unreadable • John Deere H tractor, fenders, SN 24700 • Case RC tractor, SN RC328916 • Oliver Row Crop 88 tractor, NF, fenders w/lights, SN DSL139107C88F • Oliver Row Crop 88 tractor, NF, fenders w/lights, SN 3-142559 • Oliver Super 55 utility tractor, fenders, 3-pt, SN 13 361-518 • Massey Harris Challenger tractor, front and rear steel and fenders • McCormick-Deering 15-30 tractor, front and rear steel, SN TG140574M • McCormick-Deering 10-20 tractor, on rubber, missing SN tag • Oliver 70 tractor, NF, fenders, partial restoration • Oliver 70 tractor, front and rear steel, fenders, sells complete w/2 row cultivator, missing SN tag • Oliver 80 tractor w/gooseneck front end, fenders, SN unreadable • Farmall F 20 tractor, front and rear steel, SN 143405
Additional photos will be posted online as the auction gets closer!
Hi- N’ Mis* Engine*, Stationar0 Engine* & Power Unit*
• Economy 4 HP hit n’ miss engine mounted on RR beam (missing tag, although believe to be an economy) • Galloway 5 HP hit n’ miss engine on steel wheel truck • JD 1 ½ HP hit n’ miss engine on steel wheel truck w/brass tag #321237 • JD 1 ½ HP hit n’ miss engine on steel wheel truck w/brass tag #314105 • Sattley Montgomery Ward & Co. 1 ½ HP hit n’ miss engine on steel wheel truck • International Harvester Company 3-5 HP hit n’ miss engine on steel wheel truck, SN LBB67979 • (2) hit n’ miss engines, no tag • Large Cat engine mounted on heavy duty cart • B.F. Sturtevant stationary engine w/Gardener Gov. Co. #2 air compressor • John Deere Model 92 power unit on steel wheel truck, nice older restoration • Tecumseh stationary power unit on truck, sells complete w/large water pump • Climax power unit • Wisconsin Model TE air cooled engine, 3-3 ½ HP on cart • Synchronous Model SF15 portable generator, 3-phase and large gas engine • Several other stationary engines and pumps, various mfgs. and condition • Several gas engines
• Wooden high wheel wagon w/(2) spring seats, end gate seeder and older repaint • Wooden high wheel wagon, older repaint • Triumph wooden box wagon on steel wheel running gear Hig Whee & Parad Wagon*
• Wooden box wagon on steel wheel running gear • Wooden box wagon on steel running gear, rough • Wooden box wagon on rubber tired running gear • Wooden box wagon on steel wheels, 14” wooden sides • 8’ x 4 1 ⁄ 2 ’ parade wagon w/15” removable stake sides • 6.5’ x 3 1 ⁄ 2 ’ parade wagon w/12” removable stake sides
Ga* Pump* & Railroa Item*
• (4) Visible gas pumps • Unusual gas pump w/ round top glass globe • (2) Wayne gas pumps w/ glass advertising tablets • (2) RR crossing swinging stop lights • RR steel wheel depot cart • Low profile RR cart w/hard rubber tires • Several RR jacks
• Windmill complete w/blades and head • Approximately (30+) well pumps, various manufacturers • Approximately (10) pitcher pumps • Several nice grindstone wheels, majority on stands • Several walking plows • Potato plow • Letz No. 80 stationary burr mill • Large school bell, believed to be from local country school • Universal Crusher Co. Cedar Rapids, IA stationary crusher • (3) Clipper fanning mills • Wooden pulleys • Cast iron implement seat • Ice tongs • Barn lanterns • (2) hand corn planters • Selection of early wooden and copper washing machines • (2) floor model showcases • Horse-drawn sleigh, appears to be in good condition w/original stenciling (photos will be posted online once it is dug out of the shed) • Large wooden water storage tank, possibly out of a RR depot • Glass butter churn • Wooden wash benches • (6) park benches, nice new green paint and in excellent condition • Several 2-man saws • Approximately (6) wooden block planes Earl0 Far" Collectible*
• Oliver metal 40”x40” sign, “Finest End Farm Machinery” C.B. Thomas Clinton, red/green/yellow colors • Pioneer Dairy Feeds metal sign, 28”x20”, in early blue and red colors • Pointer metal 20”x30” sign, advertising beer w/ silhouette of pointer bird dog • Dunlop Tires metal 59”x13.5” sign, yellow in color w/red trim • Early metal 29”x12” 7 UP sign w/rounded corners, “We proudly serve 7 UP, It likes you”, green/orange/black in color • Drink Red Rock Cola 56”x32” metal sign, nice looking sign w/early colors • Northland 33”x24” porcelain motor oil sign • Quaker State motor oil metal 30”x28” flange sign • Firestone 72”x13.5” metal sign in red/white colors • Approximately 52”x16” cast iron sign, dated 1887, advertising “Clinton Bridge and Iron Works”, green and white repaint • J.I. Case Co. poster advertising the new light running Case threshing machine • Several farm implement booklets and John Deere dealer parts catalogs • John Deere Model D tractor posters • Other advertising signs to include: DeKalb, Oliver, Pillsbury Feeds, Murphy’s Mineral Feeds, Lennox Heating System, etc.
• (5) corn shellers, (1) John Deere • Large and small buzz saw blades • (3) 54” saw mill blades • Steel rectangular oil barrel • Early galvanized gas cans w/spouts • (2) Forges • Numerous wooden line shaft pulleys • Over 50+ steel pulleys, various sizes • Few cream cans • Lard press • Platform scales • Partial strap of sleigh bells • Few bicycles • Plus many other unique and desirable farm collectibles too numerous to list
Truck* & Trailer*
• ’69 Chevy C50 truck w/grain bed • ‘46 Chevy truck w/wooden grain box, stored inside
• Late ‘30s Chevrolet truck, stored inside, fairly solid tin work • '41 Dodge WF32 gas fire engine from Calamus Fire Department • Early IHC truck • Late '30s Ford flatbed truck • ‘56 Chevy 5700 “snub-nose” flatbed truck w/swan emblem on hood, considerable rust around headlights and fenders • ‘56 Chevy 5700 “snub-nose” cab and chassis w/swan emblem on hood • ’58 GMC F354 truck w/ flatbed • ’80 Chevy Cheyenne 10 2wd pickup truck, rough • ’94 Chevy Silverado 1500 2wd pickup truck, auto., 8’ bed, full power, 181,743 miles, considerable amount of rust • 16’ bumper hitch flatbed trailer w/ removable wooden stake sides and drop tail • 14' shop built trailer w/ wooden sides
Mower*, Scooter & Ga*-Powere Garde$ Tractor*
• White LT-12 riding lawn mower, 38” deck • Case 120 lawn tractor • Massey Ferguson 12 lawn mower, less deck • White Yard Boss LGT-1610 lawn mower • Early gas-powered scooter, tag missing, unknown mfg. • Bolens gas walk-behind disk • Early gas-powered walk-behind disk w/cleat steel wheels • Gas-powered walk-behind lawn tractor w/no attachments • Gas-powered walk-behind w/front V-plow
Shop Tool* & Miscellaneou*
Milwaukee 5 ⁄ 8 ” rotary hammer, in box; Milwaukee Sawzall, appears to be NIB; Craftsman 3x21” belt sander, NIB; Large anvil, as nice as you’ll find!; Bridgeport metal lathe, rotary table, SN 20228; Bradford Machine Tool Company metal lathe w/large and small dies; Small metal lathe on stand w/tooling; Other industrial type machines w/dies and accessories; (2) Craftsman floor model drill press; Craftsman bench model drill press; Craftsman 10” table saw; (2) Shop press; Nice selection of wooden and steel workbenches, various sizes, some w/vises and grinders; (4) large vises; Numerous toolboxes; Ladders; 14” Chop Saw; Acetylene torch outfit, complete; Craftsman stick welder w/cable; Approximately (40+) vise grips; Over (20) crescent and pipe wrenches; (3) large bolt cutters; Large quantity of assorted hand tools to include: pliers, hammers, screwdrivers, socket sets, etc.; Variety of power tools; Stihl MS 180 C chainsaw; Several log chains and binders; Numerous metal and wooden organizers, mainly stocked; Wooden bolt bin, stocked w/hardware; Bottle jacks and handyman jack; Extension cords; Conoco Super Motor Oil in 4 Quart cans, NOS; Filters, NOS; V-belts, NOS; Many other shop-related items simply too numerous to list.
www. S u l l i v a n A u c t i o n e e r s . c om
Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC PO Box 111 Hamilton, IL 62341-0111 www.SullivanAuctioneers.com
FIRST CLASS U.S. POSTAGE PAID
QUINCY, IL PERMIT 23 62301
AUCTION TO BE HELD AT THE FARM PHYSICAL ADDRESS: 2509 270TH ST. DEWITT, IOWA 52742 DeWitt is located 20 miles south of Maquoketa, Iowa; 20 miles west of Clinton, Iowa; or 22 miles north of Davenport, Iowa
SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
www.SullivanAuctioneers.comPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker