Questions to Ask Your Doctor: Metastatic OM INFORMED AND EMPOWERED OCULAR MELANOMA PATIENTS LIVE LONGER, BETTER LIVES.
Clinical Trials Questions
Metastatic Disease-Related Questions
• Which clinical trials should I consider?
• Where has the OM spread?
• Which clinical trials do I qualify for?
• Do I need additional scans do I need to determine the extent of the disease? • Have you tested my tumor for genetic mutations? Will this affect treatment? • Do you recommend liver-directed therapy or systemic therapy ? • What are the different outcomes of these treatments? • Can different treatments be combined? If so, would you suggest any? • How will this diagnosis and the treatment affect my day-to-day life? • Do I have to travel for treatment or can I receive it close to home? • If I have to travel, do you know of any travel assistance programs available? • Do I need scans on a regular basis? If so, what type of scans do you recommend? • What are the side effects of each treatment?
• How do I learn more about available clinical trials?
• Which clinical trials do you recommend?
• Will my insurance cover the costs of participating in a clinical trial?
• What should my follow-up plan be?
• Should I seek a second opinion?www.cureom.org
Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs