5 IN THE UK
MEDICAL AND LIFE SCIENCES SINGLETON CAMPUS
OVERALL RESEARCH QUALITY
(Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021)
• Applied Analytical Science (LCMS) MRes FT PT
• Medical and Health Care Studies PhD/MD/MPhil/MSc by Research FT PT
YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO CONSIDER • Allied Health Professions • Community, Public Health and Primary Health Care • Medicine, Healthcare and Nursing • Psychology and Neuroscience • Public and Population Health FUNDING There are a range of postgraduate scholarships and bursaries available: swansea.ac.uk/postgraduate/ scholarships WHY SWANSEA? • Our courses in medical and life sciences are delivered at our UK Top 5 Medical School (The Guardian University Guide 2022) ¨ . • You will benefit from a diverse teaching and research environment, with many opportunities to make connections across disciplines. • You will also be surrounded by global experts in the fields of medicine, health and life science, whose research has been recognised as 85% world-leading and internationally excellent by the Research Excellence Framework 2021.
• Biomedical Science (Clinical Biochemistry) MSc/PGDip FT PT • Biomedical Science (Clinical Microbiology) MSc/PGDip FT PT • Clinical Science (Medical Physics) MSc PT
• Genomic Medicine MSc/PGDip/PGCert FT PT • Medical Education MSc/PGDip/PGCert FT PT • Medical Radiation Physics MSc FT PT • Nanomedicine MSc/PGDip/PGCert FT PT
Our postgraduate courses in medical and life sciences are designed to help you take the next steps in your career or take your academic studies further. Take full advantage of our state-of-the-art facilities, interdisciplinary expertise and world-leading reputation for both research and open innovation. The Medical School is consistently ranked amongst the top in the UK meaning we have real world impact improving the health, wealth, and wellbeing of the people of Wales and the world. Your learning will be informed by our world-leading staff's latest findings and cutting-edge innovations and will benefit from an interprofessional and interdisciplinary approach to improve health outcomes. WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT • Study in state-of-the-art research
• Tailor your studies around existing commitments with our modular framework and study options for full or part-time, online, on campus or blended learning. • Benefit from the close working relationship between Swansea University and the NHS in Wales, providing you with the ideal circumstances for collaborative teaching and research.
facilities, where 100% of our research environment is rated internationally excellent (REF 2021). • Benefit from access to our £100m Institute of Life Science, complete with Clinical Imaging Suite that features 3T MRI and high-resolution CT imaging.
¨ An undergraduate-specific ranking that includes assessment of the institution’s research quality.
This programme also has a January start date available see page 60
Welsh scholarships available see page 44
International Students Pathway programme available see page 58
Made with FlippingBook Online newsletter maker