COMPUTER SCIENCE BAY CAMPUS
IN THE WORLD (Times Higher Education World University Rankings (THE) 2022) 250 COMPUTER SCIENCE
• Computing and Future Interaction Technologies MRes FT PT • Computer Science MSc by Research/ PhD/MPhil FT PT • Human-Computer Interaction MSc FT PT
• Logic and Computation MRes FT PT • Theoretical Computer Science MSc FT PT • Visual and Interactive Computing MSc FT PT • Visual Computing MRes FT PT
WHY SWANSEA? • The Research Impact of Computer Science at Swansea achieved 100% ‘world-leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’ ratings (REF 2021). • You will be taught by inspiring experts such as Professor Matt Jones, widely recognised as a leader in the empowerment of rural digital communities in the UK and across the developing world. • The £32.5m Computational Foundry lies at the heart of all our courses, with state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities, including a Vision and Biometric Lab, Maker Lab, Theory Lab, Cyber Security/Networking Lab, User Lab and Visualisation Suite. • Our laboratories are continually upgraded to ensure equipment is never more than three years old, and rarely more than two. • Our recent graduates have gone on to have successful careers as Software Engineers, Workflow Developers, Programmers, Web Developers, and Business Application Analysts.
• Advanced Computer Science MSc FT PT • Advanced Software Technology MSc FT PT • Computer Science MSc FT PT • Computer Science: Informatique (Swansea/Grenoble route) MSc FT
• Cyber Security MMSc FT PT • Data Science MSc FT PT • Human-Centred Big Data and Artificial Intelligence MSc FT
Computer Science at Swansea is expanding and housed in the brand new £32.5m Computational Foundry building, equipped with world-class facilities to enable our students and staff to pursue transformative computational and mathematical research. Our fully networked laboratories run Windows and Linux, and support a wide range of software including programming languages Java, C# and the.NET framework, C, C++, Haskell and Prolog. All software is open source and freely available or provided. WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
• Our MSc programmes give you the depth of skills and knowledge needed to excel in your field, whether through further study, research or a rewarding career in computer science or related industries. • Research projects will be shaped by participation in activities such as seminars, workshops, laboratory activity and fieldwork, as well as your involvement in one of our established research groups.
• We invite applications from well-qualified candidates whose research interests focus around our
YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO CONSIDER • Actuarial Science, MSc • Secondary PGCE with QTS: Computer Science, PGCert
themes: Visual and Interactive Computing Group, Logic and Computation Group, Future Interaction Technology Group, and Security Group.
FUNDING There are a range of postgraduate scholarships and bursaries available: s wansea.ac.uk/postgraduate/ scholarships
International Students Pathway programme available see page 58 This programme also has a January start date available see page 60
Made with FlippingBook Online newsletter maker