DO YOU KNOW THE BENEFITS OF Mobilization With Movement?
Johanna Strehle (PT, Owner) and Kaytin Nelson (PTA) just returned from their training in Spokan Washington, with Mulligan Concept. The ladies spent two days learning the Mobilization with Movement techniques for treating upper extremities, including: cervical and throasic spine, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hands, and more! Benefits Of Mobilization With Movement Mobilization with movement is a manual therapy approach utilized by health care practitioners specializing in the care of patient with musculoskeletal pain. Physiotherapists, physical therapists, and other clinicians trained in the Mulligan Concept can assist individuals in improving movement restrictions, pain with movement, and functional restrictions. Mulligan practitioners seek to improve patient’s movement with the application of pain free hands-on techniques.
6 BACK CONDITIONS NOT TO IGNORE “Continue An Active Life Free Of Pain!”
• Will Your Back Hurt As You Get Older • Healthy Recipe
• Patient Success Spotlight • Free Back Pain Consultation
Do you feel aches and pains in your lower back? If so, you are not alone. Four out of every five Americans will suffer from back pain at some time in their lives. Without proper spine mobility, stability and alignment your back structures wear down over time, similar to tires that are out of alignment. There are many different back conditions, but here are a few common ones: 1. Lumbar or sacral radiculopathy: The result of pressure on a nerve exiting the spine. Pain, numbness and tingling can be felt down in different parts of the leg. 2. Sciatica: This comes from compression of the sciatic nerve by a muscle called the piriformis, deep in the buttock. Symptoms can radiate down the buttock and leg. 3. Spinal stenosis: This is a narrowing of the bony spinal canal which causes rubbing or pressure on nerves. Central canal stenosis is quite serious as it presses upon the spinal cord.
4. Lumbar sprain/strain: This is a common cause of low back pain due to injury of muscles and tendons. The rows of muscles that run up and down the sides of the spinal column, are the major muscle groups usually involved in lower back injury. 5. Fractures: These are due to trauma, or sometimes occur without any injury in people with osteoporosis. 6. Spinal cord compression: This is unusual, but very worrisome and may be associated with weakness and loss of bowel/bladder control. Medication and Bed Rest. Most lower back pain sufferers try over the counter drugs and bed rest. However, most self remedies will not provide the relief that you need. In fact, bed rest is the wrong thing to do, because it can weaken the spinal muscles further. Weakness in the spinal muscles is one of the main reasons for low back pain and puts you at risk for injuring your back with common activities such as lifting, bending or squatting. Most of us sit too much and this contributes to severe weakening of the back and torso muscles which are needed for a healthy back.
WILL YOUR BACK HURT AS YOU GET OLDER?
If you think that growing older automatically leads to back pain, here’s some great news; it doesn’t! Many people suffer from pain, yet, they still believe their aches and pains are a natural part of aging. They’re not. Back pain is primarily caused by four main factors: • Spinal muscle weakness • Poor muscle or joint movement • Poor posture • Lack of spinal or pelvic muscle coordination Treating the Cause of Your Back Pain The goal of our SPINE program is to find the root cause of your pain and correct it, not just treat the symptoms. By treating the root cause of the pain, you can achieve faster, long-lasting results. We provide the most advanced and effective treatments to each of our patients in a caring, friendly environment. Our highly trained and skilled physical therapists use proven hands-on therapy techniques to helppeopleofallagesbecome freeofpainandgetback to theactivities theyenjoy. If your back pain prevents you from standing for long periods, bending down to pick up objects, or getting up and down from the floor to play with your children or grandchildren it’s time to come to Dynamic Physical Therapy and restore your quality of life. Knowing the Right Expert to Help You PhysicalTherapists are medical musculoskeletal specialists, meaning we are the experts when it comes to the movement of the body and how the muscles, joints and skeletal structure work with one another. Effective physical therapy experts recognize that the best treatments are not modalities that depend solely on ultrasound, cold or heat therapy, but rather a
skilled hands-on approach to examination and treatment. Studies have proven that manual therapy and specific exercises produce better and faster results than traditional exercise based therapy. Ifyouaresufferingwithbackpainorknowsomeonewho is,callus today todiscover how we can finally help you become pain free and get back to the activities you enjoy. After all, you’re as young as you feel!
SERVICES • Pre & Post Surgical Rehab • General Orthopedics • Sprains & Strain Overuse • Work Related Injuries • Vestibular Rehabilitation • Back & Neck Pain SPECIALTIES
• Neurological Disorders • Balance Training • Post MVA • Hand Therapy • Work Conditioning •PosturalCorrection (Ergonomics)
INSURANCE Star t Feeling Better Today! We accept and bill most insurances, but not limited to: • Regence • Blue Cross • Medicare • Medicaid of WA and ID • TriCare • VA/Champus • Auto injury • Workman’s Compensation
• Manual Therapy • Kinesio Taping
• Myofascial Release • Trigger Point Therapy •Pre-natal&Perinatal (Women’sHealth)
Call Today! (208) 743-1795
Attention Back Pain Sufferers!
Do You Have Difficulty With Back Pain?
We can help:
ü Decrease your pain ü Increase your strength ü Increase your activity level
ü Increase your flexibility ü Improve your health ü Get back to living
Patient Success Spotlight
Mention or Bring in This Coupon Today For a FREE Back Pain Consultation
“The treatment that I received was great. Everyone in there is kind and compassionate. It is like being with family. I will refer everyone I know. Thanks guys!” - Ward P. “I will refer everyone I know!”
Call Today: (208) 743-1795
Offer valid for the first 25 people to schedule. Expires 03-31-18.
Roquefort Pear Salad Eating Right Never Tasted So Good!
• 1/3 cup olive oil • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar • 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar • 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard • 1 clove garlic, chopped • 1/2 teaspoon salt • Fresh ground black pepper to taste
INGREDIENTS • 1 head leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces • 3 pears. diced • 5 ounces Roquefort cheese • 1 avocado, sliced • 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions • 1/4 cup white sugar • 1/2 cup pecans
INSTRUCTIONS In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup of sugar together with the pecans. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces. For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper. In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker