CAPITAL PROJECTS RECRUITMENT CANDIDATE INFORMATION PACK Head of Commercial Candidate Information Pack
About Us We’re Student Roost. An owner and operator of purpose-built student accommodation across the UK and Ireland.
We are unrecognisable from the small brand that launched in late 2017, having already created a portfolio of over 19,000 beds, with ambitious plans for the future. We’ve all heard ‘if you build it…they will come’; we believe if you build it right, they will stay: that goes for both our customers and our people. We want to be a stable, welcoming and safe backdrop for our customer’s entire time at University, giving them one less thing to worry about. And for our people, we all spend more time at work than we do with our loved ones, we think it’s only right that you do that in an organisation, environment and a team that you love being a part of.
As a business built largely on acquisition, we have an array of properties and people, whilst many of our teams didn’t choose to come and work here, they do choose whether or not to stay and we’re confident we’re building a business that attracts talent from a variety of sectors and backgrounds, further diversifying the team in place. Whether our properties were acquired from others or developed by ourselves, we’re excited about the positive changes we can bring to both the physical aspects of the property and the experience within it for our residents. We have, and continue to, invest in exciting, capital programmes, driving value for our residents, the people who work there and our investors. For our people; providing welcoming work environments, interesting roles, competitive pay and benefits that matter to the individual. Our Learning & Development framework too, so whilst the rewards should be there for everyone today, the real riches are in the long-term careers we can offer. We’re putting major efforts into building a brand and an organisation that people want to work for and we think our greatest days are still ahead of us.
Jessica Gallop Director of People
Our Locations: Aberdeen Bath Belfast Birmingham Brighton Bournemouth Chester
Durham Edinburgh Glasgow Leicester Liverpool London Newcastle
Nottingham Sheffield Southampton
Swansea Warwick Wrexham York
*image for illustrative purposes only
WHAT WE OFFER
• Flexible tenancy lengths • Each site’s facilities have been tailored to their environment • Our rooms range from ensuite to studio and apartments • Excellent Customer Service • A home from home
Culture, Values & Behaviours You won’t find our values plastered across our walls, or our Team Members reciting them like a morning call; you won’t find a 100-page booklet detailing how we expect our Team Members to behave and you most certainly won’t find carbon-copy Team Members. Culture is how we work together to deliver a service to our customers, a meaningful career for our people and returns for our investors. It’s every single conversation we have internally and with our customers, parents, universities; it’s every piece of work we deliver, every person we hire, every supplier we pay, every room we sell, every new property we develop. Our values are delivered and not just displayed - It’s one thing to put our values on show; we’d rather put our people on show – that’s how we best demonstrate the values and behaviours here.
High Support – High Challenge
Freedom in a Framework
Reward what’s right
People over Policy
MORE ON VALUES
Let’s start with what they’re not…
They’re not a vinyl or fancy artwork on the wall. They’re not a banner on a website, nor a stick to beat Team Members with. They’re not delivered for you or handed over and they’re never an excuse.
Our values are the things we value here. The things that are important to us and the things we pursue and protect.
Perceptive Communication Courage
Commercial/ Procurement Strategy • Develop and communicate a commercial procurement business plan • Establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency • Implement the commercial plans and strategies, tracking performance and reporting on performance. Manage and track expenditures, financial goals and budgets, including analysing commercial metrics using KPIs • Always strive to accelerate and encourage company’s growth and success • Manage existing revenue generating client relationships and identify new opportunities. Implementing strategies to drive revenue, and ultimately business growth, from ancillary services • Develop and implement procurement-related training programs for the procurement team and whole organisation, ensuring full collaboration with, and coordination of, diverse teams such as marketing, sales and customer service • Oversee contract development and administration, reviewing contracts and making recommendations on commerciality
• Interpreting market trends and adapting to industry changes • Management and reporting of supplier contracts and terms • Making commercial recommendations to the Exec Board
• Manage current procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organizational value and efficiency; meet regularly with respective departments regarding procurement for their understanding and/or recommendations to enhance policies, procedures and develop, communicate and implement new/revised policies, procedures and programs as needed • Handling a variety of projects for the business and overseeing project management.
Customers • Understand the brand standards for all products and services and ensure our supply chain delivers those standards • Remain abreast at all times of the most recent innovations for improving service delivery for our students • Produce regular reporting of annual spend by category or supplier, identifying opportunities to reduce spend Finance • Contributing towards the creation of and management of both the site P&Ls and the wider capex and maintenance budgets • Ensuring the most cost-effective suppliers are utilised • Ensuring the contracts we enter into are the most efficient and cost effective • Ensure that all contracts are negotiated in a timely fashion to ensure we are always receiving the most preferable rates • Produce reports on a monthly basis on the cost efficiencies delivered through a well-managed supply chain Suppliers • Create and manage a well-balanced and cost effective Preferred Supplier List that delivers great value for all stakeholders
• Ensure the Procurement function has in place a Business Continuity Plan to ensure that the Company would not suffer material and adverse consequences in the event of a failure of a key supplier • Ensure all suppliers are on boarded in a timely fashion • Negotiate all contracts so that Student Roost is on the most preferable rates available at all times • Seek new and innovative ways of improving service delivery through new suppliers and technology • Analyse current usage of all goods and services across the business and deliver improvements through new relationships and or contracts Safety, Welfare & Compliance • Top of your agenda at all times; practice an unrelenting approach to safety and welfare by adherence to any and all safety policies and processes in our organisation • Develop an understanding within your respective area for all statutory and legal accountabilities we hold; furthermore, ensure that your colleagues understand why we perform such duties and encourage an environment where safety and welfare is never overlooked • Create an environment whereby all team members feel confident and comfortable in raising any concerns about our properties or our practices
WHAT WILL IT TAKE? Physical Effort
• You’ll be desk-based at our office in Birmingham, working in front of a screen for much of that time. In line with the DSE assessment, we encourage time away from your workstation, fresh air throughout the day and a good balance between systems and human beings! Mental Effort • This is a role of competing priorities and as a seasonal operation, there are times of year when workloads may spike or unplanned incidents will take over. The role requires someone highly organised, but someone who is calm and pragmatic in their response to changes • Despite solid planning, short-notice work may be required of you • Unpredictable pattern of activity, no two days are the same and this role would be more suited to someone who can operate effectively in a highly-varied environment Emotional Effort • As we build out this business, working on the development of organisational processes, systems and change, it can bring with it uncertainty. We would seek to minimise or remove any concerns for people through clear, consistent communication.
CAPITAL PROJECTS RECRUITMENT CANDIDATE INFORMATION PACK To arrange a confidential conversation to discuss the opportunity in more depth, please contact Hayley Mintern of the Management Recruitment Group. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Sunday 9th February 2020Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online