505. 1947 Bond Bread Joe DiMaggio (HOF) - SGC NM+ 7.5 MINIMUM BID: $250
504. 1941 Play Ball Complete Set (72)
506. 1948 Cleveland Indians Picture Pack Satchel Paige (HOF RC) - PSA VG 3 MINIMUM BID: $250
The 1941 Play Ball set is considered one of the most beautiful and popular issues of the gum card era. Featuring brilliantly colorized photos, many culled from the 1940 Play Ball issue, the 72-card set features numerous Hall of Famers and highly desirable cards, including those of Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams and the first card of Pee Wee Reese. The set is extremely desirable among collectors today, due in part to its beautiful design and player selection, its difficult high-number series and its manageable size. The last major mainstream card issue before World War II, the 1941 Play Ball issue remains extremely sought after. Presented here is an attractive, collector-grade set, with six key cards graded by SGC. A condition breakdown of the set would be as follows: 4% VG, 16% GOOD, 42% FAIR, 37% POOR, with many of the cards boasting eye appeal in excess of the assigned grade. A breakdown of the keys is as follows: #6 Hubbell (F), #8 Ott (P), #10 Vaughan (VG), #13 Foxx (G), #14 Williams (SGC GOOD 2), #15 Cronin (F), #18 Greenberg (F), #19 Gehringer (P), #20 Ruffing (SGC VG 3), #39 Henrich (SGC EX+ 5.5), #54 Reese (SGC VG 3), #60 Klein (F), #64 Doerr (P), #70 Dickey (SGC VG 3), #71 DiMaggio (SGC FR 1.5), #72 Gomez (SGC VG+ 3.5). An outstanding collector-grade example of one of the most popular sets of its era. 72 cards total.
507. 1948 Leaf #98 Hal Newhouser (HOF SP) - PSA GOOD+ 2.5 MINIMUM BID: $300
MINIMUM BID: $1,500
508. 1949 Cleveland Indians Team Picture Pack Satchel Paige (HOF) - PSA GOOD+ 2.5 MINIMUM BID: $100
Made with FlippingBook Digital Proposal Creator