Health &Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
Get To Know The Complete Physical Rehabilitation Staff! HUMBERTOCOLMENARES, PT
Mr. Humberto Colmenares joined Complete Physical Rehabilitation as a co-owner in 2007. He brings with him over 25+ years of extensive Physical Therapy experience, particularly in the areas of Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Pre/Post-surgical Physical Therapy centered on joint repair and replacement, and Geriatric Physical Therapy. He is the first — and currently the only — Physical Therapist in Jersey City and Hudson County certified in the LSVT BIG method for Parkinson’s disease treatment. After beginning his career with St. Francis Hospital and St. Mary’s Hospital in Jersey City, Humberto then worked for NovaCare Hudson Physical Therapy (presently known as Kessler Rehabilitation), where he served as Regional Director of Hudson County, then as Director of Training & Human Resources Liaison for all 38 clinics in New Jersey. During this time he also treated patients for Broadway Sports Rehabilitation in Bayonne and as a home care Physical Therapist for Liberty Home Care and the Bayonne visiting Nurse Association. Humberto then moved on to serve as the Director of Physical Therapy for Garden State Orthopedics Physical Therapy. In his spare time Humberto is a popular amateur mobile photographer, having had a number of his nature and city-scape photos featured on NBC 4 New York, ABC 7 Eyewitness News, Fox 5 New York, and The Weather Channel. Humberto is also fluent in Tagalog and Spanish.
Health & Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
HIP, KNEE OR LEG PAIN “Have You Noticed A Decline In Your Range Of Motion?” INSIDE:
• 5 Diet Resolutions For The New Year • Healthy Recipe • Relieve Leg Pain In Minutes • Patient Success Spotlight
Do you suffer from knee, hip or leg pain? You are not alone. CDC studies show that 30% of adults have reported some form of knee, hip or ankle joint stiffness or pain in a 30 day period. The hip and knee joints are incredible marvels of the human body. At times they have to withstand up to 6 times your body weight in force. The knee joint is the second most complicated joint in the body and has to move in many directions including forward, backward, side to side and rotation.These different movements are called accessory motions and are needed for normal walking, running and bending. When you experience pain in the side of the hip, groin, thigh or knee, you may have difficulty with these accessory motions. Prolonged sitting, injuries, arthritis and disease can affect accessory motions. With every day use, tissues around the hip and knee joints tighten, leading to a gradual loss of motion. This causes a lot of pressure to build up on specific parts of the joints.
5 Diet Resolutions For The New Year
1. Go Slow. Resolving to get more fiber in your diet this year? Any diet change is easier if you take slow, small steps. Vow to add a piece of produce to your brown bag lunch daily. Designate a day as fish day. Package up a single serving of your favorite whole-grain cereal, then treat it as your midmorning snack. 2. Water, Water, Everywhere. Water: It’s cheap, fat-free, and gives your body a quenching boost. Drinking water promotes weight loss, flushes out toxins, improves skin complexion and boosts your immune system. 3. Go for the Gold... and Red... and Purple. Colorful produce is packed with disease-fighting plant compounds, so when you shop, reach for a rainbow. Designate a color-a-day. Maybe Mondays are yellow, with grapefruit, golden apples, or corn starring in meals, while Tuesdays are purple with plum and eggplant. 4. Tackle Mindless Munching. You’re chatting with friends around the dinner table or watching a DVD and you just keep nibbling. Try these tips to reign in the munchies: Pay attention and look at each piece of food you plan to eat. Busy your hands with a glass of water, a cup of tea, or cleaning off the table. 5. Stack the Odds in Your Favor. Don’t forget to help yourself succeed, and to reach out for help when you need it. Buddy up with a friend or family member with diet and weight loss resolutions. Then share your ideas, plans, and successes regularly. www.cprnj.com
Roquefort Pear Salad Eating Right Never Tasted So Good!
• 1/3 cup olive oil • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar • 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar • 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard • 1 clove garlic, chopped • 1/2 teaspoon salt • Fresh ground black pepper to taste
INGREDIENTS • 1 head leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces • 3 pears • 5 ounces Roquefort cheese • 1 avocado • 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions • 1/4 cup white sugar • 1/2 cup pecans
INSTRUCTIONS In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup of sugar together with the pecans. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces. For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper. In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.
ELIZABETH (908) 527-6001
JERSEY CITY (201) 433-6001
Patient Success Spotlight
Attention Pain Sufferers!
I’m able to walk over 9 blocks without getting tired or winded!
Do You Know Someone Who Is Suffering From Pain?
• Decrease their pain • Increase their strength • Increase their activity level We can help:
• Increase their flexibility • Improve their health • Get back to living
Share This Coupon With A Friend Or Family Member FREE PAIN RELIEF SCREENING CARE TO SHARE
“I came to Physical Therapy because I was having difficulty bending my knee. As a result, I was having a hard time walking and standing for long periods of time. Now, I’m able to walk over 9 blocks without getting tired or winded. Dr. James was very thorough and his exercises were very ‘out-of-the-box’! He also allowed me to take part in creating the treatment plan. I would DEFINITELY recommend him!” - LadyGrace C.
Expiration Date: 01/31/2018
ELIZABETH (908) 527-6001
JERSEY CITY (201) 433-6001
Take Care of Your Aches and Pains Before It’s Too Late.
Get Easy Relief For Your Pain With A Simple Click... Free Mobile Download
KNEE EXTENSION STRETCH While sitting, tighten your top thigh muscle to press the back of your knee downward towards the ground. Hold for 30 seconds. Alternate knees and repeat 8 times. Strengthens Knees www.simpleset.net Relieve Leg Pain In Minutes Try this movement if you are experiencing leg pain.
Do you or someone you know suffer with hip, knee or leg pain? As a current or past patient you have access to this valuable information, at your fingertips. Start feeling better today in the privacy of your home. Go to www.kneebook.net/cprnj for your free download. This is the easiest way to get this information to our patients. Download and share with friends and family today!
Download at: www.kneebook.net/cprnjPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs