Surrey Registration Service Bereavement Guide

Transport and Travel • Tell the car insurance company. Please note that anyone who is a named driver on the deceased’s car insurance will no longer be insured to drive the vehicle. • Return the deceased’s driving licence to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) – please see the Death and Bereavement section on or call 0300 083 0090 for further details of what you need to do. • Return the deceased’s car registration documents to the DVLA to allow the change of ownership to be recorded. • Return any Surrey free bus pass to Surrey County Council. For further information please email uk or call 0300 200 1002. • Cancel or return any travel passes or season tickets. Claim any refunds due. • Return the deceased’s passport to the Identity and Passport Service – please cut off the top right-hand corner of the passport’s front cover to invalidate it. You need to complete an additional form when returning the document – please call the Passport Adviceline on 0300 222 0000 for a copy or visit the passport section of • Return any disabled parking permit to Surrey County Council. Please call 0300 200 1003 for more information or visit the website

Personal Items • Return any library books and cancel membership – Surrey Libraries can be contacted on 0300 200 1001 or via www. • Send back any membership cards to clubs or associations and claim any refunds that may be due.



Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online