WELCOME! On behalf of our camp staff, we want to take this opportunity to tell you how excited we are that you will be joining us at camp! The camp setting in the woods of Brown County is the ideal place to experience the wonder of nature. We will be spending time outdoors canoeing, climbing, hiking, playing games, making art, shooting arrows, and exploring the woods, pond and creek. Meals are shared in our dining hall. In the evening, we will enjoy a campfire filled with songs, skits, and stories. There are opportunities throughout the day to have fun and learn. We’re glad you’ll be joining us and we look forward to welcoming you to Camp Rancho Framasa! This handy sheet should tell you everything you need to know. Please read through it carefully and ma ke sure we’ve answered your questions. We have included information to orient you to the practices we have added due to COVID-19. Our goal is to keep everyone safe. We are grateful for your compliance. If you need more information, please contact Lauren, Camp Registrar, at 812-988-2839, x122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kevin & Angi Sullivan Camp Co-Directors
Please note: Check-in at 10 am. Check-out is after campfire around 8:00pm
● All families will check-in at the Adventure Outpost (AO). Please wait in your car until a staff member directs you from the parking lot. Each person will be screened for COVID-19. ● If you will be arriving after check-in, please call Larissa at 812-660-1006. ● We require all families to follow physical distancing guidelines during check-in. Visual reminders will be present. ● Cell phone reception is somewhat limited at camp; ask a staff member for best reception areas. ● Children under the age of 10 should be accompanied by an adult at all activities. ● Nashville is our nearby town (5 miles from camp). It has basic amenities and other tourist interests. Brown County State Park is 3 miles away. ● A detailed schedule of the weekend will be given to you upon arrival.
ACTIVITIES CLIMBING WALL ARCHERY HANDICRAFTS CANOEING/KAYAKING/PADDLE BOATING
SPORTS & GAMES EVENING PROGRAM NATURE HIKE
Optional items: ● Camera. ●
Clothes that can get dirty and match the
weather report (rain gear).
Medication (prescription and O-T-C).
● Comfortable, lace-up shoes- it is always safer to bring two pairs! Closed toe shoes (tennis shoes) are required for high ropes. ● Warm sweatshirt or jacket. ● Swimsuit and towel. ● Flashlight. ● Bug spray and sunscreen. ● Mask.
● Back-pack to carry personal items around camp. ● Snacks and drinks for in-between meals. We will provide lunch and dinner. Fruit is available for afternoon snacks. We will have a snack at the campfire. If you know your family will need further sustenance, please label all items and store them in the OPC as directed.
Please do NOT bring: ●
Illegal drugs, alcohol, weapons, flammable materials, firearms, fireworks, or pets. ● Valuables or things to which you have great emotional attachment. ● CD players, ipods, Video Games – remember, this is a short stay and there will be a lot to keep you busy!
Cancellation/Refund Policy If your cancellation occurs more than 3 weeks before your camp session, then all fees are refundable, less an administrative charge of $75 for summer camp or $40 for a weekend camp. If your cancellation occurs less than three weeks before your camp session, then all fees are non-refundable. Refunds are not available for participants who leave camp due to homesickness, behavior, or health reasons. If the participant(s) coming to camp, has been exposed to COVID-19, has had a temperature, or has exhibited any COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days of coming to camp, we ask you to cancel their registration and we will provide a credit for a later date. HELPING PEOPLE STAY SAFE AT CAMP We want you to feel and be safe at CYO Camp. We are committed to providing high levels of safety and disinfection during the COVID-19 pandemic while monitoring guidelines from the American Camp Association, the Indiana State Dept. of Health and the CDC. Although we cannot create a completely sterile environment our facility is prepared so that all who visit will remain as safe as possible.
OUR STAFF WILL:
WE ASK OUR GUESTS TO:
● Receive and implement ongoing training on COVID- 19 and disinfection protocols. ● Self-screen for COVID-19 daily. ● Not attend work if ill. ● Adhere to frequent hand washing for 20 seconds with soap and water or utilize hand sanitizer. ● Wear masks when inside. ● Social distance at least six feet apart when outside. ● Report COVID-19 cases and notify guests of confirmed cases.
● Bring a mask to wear while inside any buildings. ● Allow screening for elevated temperature via an electronic non-contact thermometer prior to each visit. ● Wash hands frequently and for 20 seconds while at camp. Utilize hand sanitizer when soap and water aren't available. ● Allow social distance of at least six feet from others. ● Not attend camp if ill. ● Notify us of confirmed cases of COVID-19 at camp.
Health Care & First Aid
● Camp Rancho Framasa does NOT have a medical professional on site for family programming. This means you will be responsible for the health and safety of your family during your day at camp. ● All prescription and over-the-counter medications that are brought to camp should be stored in a safe location away from children. ● If the need arises for further health care supplies, staff will provide directions to our local CVS pharmacy in Nashville. ● In the case of a participant needing first aid, many of our staff members have CPR and First Aid certifications. They can provide Band-Aids, topical ointments, and ice packs. ● If the need arises for further assistance, staff will provide directions to our local doctor and regional hospitals. Participant Policies These policies are designed to preserve camp and to keep our participants safe! Compliance by all participants is appreciated. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. ● ABSOLUTELY no alcohol is allowed on property. Anyone found in possession of alcohol at camp will be asked to leave. ● All buildings, structures, shelters, and gathering areas at camp are non-smoking. Smoking is not permitted by youth or in proximity to youth. We have a designated smoking location outside the OPC (dining hall) – please ask staff for details. ● Weapons, firearms, fireworks, or flammable materials are NOT allowed on camp property. ● Fires are permitted only in designated fire circles at campsites. An adult must be always present when a fire is burning. Please make sure the fire is completely extinguished before leaving the site. ● Participant’s pets are NOT allowed at camp. ● Please be on time to all meals. Food Service staff members are expecting all participants to arrive at the scheduled time. ● Snacks/drinks brought to camp should be stored in the designated location in the dining hall (OPC) or in your car. ● While at camp, please be sure that you are dressed comfortably and appropriately. You will be spending time in the great outdoors, where the weather changes and terrain is uneven. Be prepared to walk everywhere at camp. If you will be bringing babies, toddlers, or preschoolers, you will need carriers or sturdy strollers to move about camp. It is an option to carry children but some of the activities are far apart so this may not be practical or comfortable. ● Vehicles are NOT allowed to drive around camp property except during check-in, check-out and trips to town. If you have mobility support needs, we have a single golf cart available for all those at camp. Participants will not be permitted to drive the camp golf carts. A staff member will provide rides as needed from one area to another in a shuttle fashion. This may require some wait time. Contact Lauren at email@example.com or 812-988-2839, x122 at least 2 days prior to your camp session to discuss your needs. Due to limited resources, we may not be able to meet all requests. ● At camp, we are stewards of the Earth. Please stay on paths, do not litter, do not pick any plants, and be conservative in your use of electricity and water. Thanks for helping us protect God’s creation!
CYO Camp Rancho Framasa 2230 N Clay Lick Rd, Nashville, IN 47448
1-812-988-2839 firstname.lastname@example.orgPage 1 Page 2 Page 3
Made with FlippingBook Online newsletter