In a PEST analysis, individuals brainstorm the “big picture” characteristics of the organization’s external environment (this could be a community, region, country, etc.) and from this, draw conclusions about significant forces of change operating within it. This exercise provided the Strategic Planning Team with a context for more detailed planning. Similar to a SWOT, the PEST Analysis allowed us to look at the “big picture” factors that might influence our strategic decisions. Below are the Political, Economic, Socio-cultural, and Technology issues that were identified by the Strategic Planning Team as having an impact on St. Gerard House.
• Life & Work Demands • Venture Capitalist in Therapy • Escalating Lifetime Costs (Housing, Therapy) • Difficult fundraising environment
• BCBA Bill • Independent Practices • Insurance Gaps (lack ACA coverage)
• Unconscious Bias • MCD Expansion • State Funding
• Long-term Financial Consequences of Covid
• Increasing Telehealth • Practice Management- Financial • Data Analysis/Mining • Revenue Cycle Opportunities • Communication
• Unconscious Bias • Cultural Bias • Family Instability • Increased Social Corporate Responsibilities • BIPOC Diagnosed Late • Generation Cultural Differences & Poverty
Made with FlippingBook. PDF to flipbook with ease