MPC Catalog 17-18 - Full Catalog_8-8-17

2017-2018 Catalog of Courses

Transfer to Local Private Universities Brandman University (Monterey Campus) General Education Requirements (Subject to change; check with the institution.) GE Block Transfer

Transfer to Independent or Out-of‑State Colleges and Universities MPC students can prepare to transfer to any four-year college or university in the country. Past transfers include California institutions such as Santa Clara, University of the Pacific, Mills, Pepperdine, University of Southern California, as well as out-of-state schools such as Boston, Howard, New York University, Penn State, Tulane, and Smith. California independent and out-of-state universities should be contacted by the student for specific transfer requirements; many institutions will accept the CSU GE or the UC IGETC pattern. The Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities website provides resources to select best match based on needs and interests. Out-of-state colleges can be researched at The Career & Transfer Resource Center provides access to paper catalogs and to an online catalog service. Cross-Enrollment UC and CSU (Subject to change; check with the institution.) This program is designed to encourage transfer and potential transfer students to explore transfer options through enrollment at four-year institutions. MPC students may cross-enroll at University of California or California State University without formal admission and at a reduced fee. Students may take a maximum of one course per academic term at a campus of either the CSU or UC system on a space-available basis. To meet eligibility requirements, MPC student needs to: •Have completed at least one term (6 units) as an MPC matriculated student •Be enrolled for a minimum of 6 units at MPC •Have earned a grade point average of 2.0 for work completed •Have paid fees at MPC •Have completed appropriate academic preparations as determined by host campus •Be a California resident •Complete the Application for Cross-Enrollment available at the Admissions and Records Office, (831) 646-4002.

Completion of the full CSU or UC IGETC certification (California), Washington and Oregon state-approved Direct Transfer degrees, or other state’s equivalent transfer certification prior to the student being admitted or enrolled and attending his/her first session in a bachelor’s degree program at Brandman satisfies all Brandman University GE requirements except LBSU 300, LBSU 302, and University Degree Qualifications. The University Degree Qualifications may be completed through residential coursework taken in the major or through residential electives. General Transfer Credit Policy Brandman University accepts all university-level credit earned from regionally accredited colleges and universities, excluding remedial or non-degree coursework. Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey General Education Requirements (Subject to change; check with the institution.) Transfer students who are admitted to the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey may be able to complete their BA and MA in a total of 3 years. Students will receive a BA in International Studies and will apply to the MA program of their choice. Admission to the BA in International Studies requires two years of prior study, approximately 60 semester credits of transfer coursework from an accredited college or university. A grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required, and only appropriate courses in which the student has earned grades of “B” or better can be transferred. Students should complete the following general education requirements before applying: English Composition (3 units), English Literature (3 units), History or Government (3 units), Physical Science (3 units), Social Science (3 units), Second Language (in one language) (16 units), and Electives (29 units). Micro Economics (3 units) and Macro Economics (3 units) are suggested for students planning a Master’s degree in the International Policy and Management School. The semester credits required for admission may include work in progress, but 60 semester credits must be completed prior to enrollment. For information and application instructions please e-mail or visit our website Monterey College of Law General Education Requirements (Subject to change; check with the institution.) Admission to the Monterey College of Law is based upon a combination of factors including academic record, LSAT score, personal statement, special interests and non-academic accomplishments related to future performance in the legal field. The completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is recommended at the time of enrollment. In some circumstances, an applicant with less than a bachelor’s degree but with more than 60 semester units of academic credit may be approved for admission. Only MPC courses numbered 1-99 are recommended as prerequisites for law school admission. It is suggested that these courses be chosen to represent a wide variety of general education to include English, social science, natural science, and humanities. Monterey College of Law offers the Juris Doctorate (J.D.) program and the Masters of Legal Studies (MLS) program. For more information, please visit or contact Monterey College of Law directly.


Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker