BRACE YOUR BODY FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON With the holiday season coming up, it’s easy to overlook your health. But if you have stiffness, persistent pain, or inflexibility, you’re asking for injury as you scramble to complete your holiday responsibilities.
Take holiday shopping, for instance. According to shopping app Udozi, the average Brit walks about 20 miles during their quest to acquire the perfect set of Christmas gifts. We can only imagine how much further Americans walk, considering Black Friday and our world-famous holiday consumerist frenzy! Shopping can be quite a workout. Anyone who’s lugged a heavy package around the mall all day can tell you the toll that the holidays can take on our bodies, especially when our adrenaline is pumping during those last-minute gift rushes. When our body’s range of motion is limited by inflexibility or previous injury, every step we take can be painful and potentially lead to another injury. The same goes for using weak or damaged arm muscles to lift those gift-laden bags.
about giving ordinary people the tools to live their lives pain-free, without compromising the activities they love.
Focus Physical Therapy offers a robust movement therapy program, perfect for anyone seeking to increase their range of motion and drastically reduce their risk of injury, all while eliminating pain from their daily activities. There’s no reason that sore legs should keep you from participating in holiday activities, whether that means shopping, skiing up north, ice skating, or anything else. Come in today and get ready for a pain-free holiday season
Physical therapy isn’t just about getting athletes back to their sport or getting victims back on their feet after a catastrophic injury. It’s
THE HIGHEST COMPLIMENT
REFRIED BEAN POBLANOS WITH CHEESE
Here at Focus Physical Therapy, nothing is more important to us than helping people. We care about our patients and the community and want to help as many as we possibly can reach optimal function. The opportunity to touch lives is just one of the reasons we’re so grateful for your referrals! To us, a referal is the highest compliment, and we want to say thank you to everyone who has trusted us enough to send family and friends our way.
• 4 medium poblano chiles, halved and seeded • 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free refried beans • 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch
• 1/2 cup picante sauce • 1 cup (4 ounces) pre-shredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend • Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
• Dale Roberts • Duane Stockdale • Jann Lane • Jill Palocsay • Melissa Dombrowski • Brian Pyle • Jacqueline Novida • Deborah Sugg
• Kate Berry • Kirstin Milazzo • Robert Birds • Karen Thagard • Patricia Pace • Michele Carlson
Tewinkle • Carla Ramirez • Karen Mittleman • James Copp • Patrick Cardinale • Ellie Bagley • Niki Dreifuss • Sheila Dement
microwaveable cooked long- grain rice (such as Uncle Ben’s Original Ready Rice)
1. Place chile halves, cut sides up, on a round microwave-safe plate. Cover with wax paper; microwave on high 3 minutes. 2. While chiles cook, combine beans, rice, and picante sauce in a medium bowl, stirring well. Spoon bean mixture into chile halves. Cover with wax paper; microwave on high 2 minutes. Uncover chiles, sprinkle each half with 2 tablespoons cheese, and microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
(Recipe courtesy of tasteofhome.com.)
Focus Physical Therapy • Call 949.709.8770 • 3
Made with FlippingBook Learn more on our blog