Conner Marketing September 2017

NOTES with Jay Conner Success

SEPTEMBER 2017

How to Achieve Any Goal in 7 Steps

O f all the strategies I’ve developed, goal setting is one of the top three I owe my success to. There are countless books and articles about the importance of goal setting; however, a study from Harvard determined that only 3 percent of adults have written goals and outlined plans for those goals. Goal setting makes a huge difference for this 3 percent who earn more money than the other 97 percent of the population! Sitting down to write our goals on a pad of paper is how we become purpose-driven individuals. When you don’t know where you want to go, any road will do, and we’re easily led astray by distractions. Those who set goals know exactly what they want to achieve and how they’ll get there. Three percent of the population is working for themselves, while the other 97 percent works for that 3 percent. You’re either working to achieve your own goals, or you’re working to achieve someone else’s goals. Over the last 15 years, the formula I’ve developed — the following seven steps — has helped me achieve my own goals. Obviously, this formula can be used in any area of your life, but let’s look at how it can help in the field of private money. Step 1: Decide exactly what you want. Be specific . Don’t stop at “I want more private money.” Determine exactly how much more private money you want. “I want $500,000 more in private money.” Step 2: Write it down. Use a pen and a fresh pad of paper to put your goal in writing. A goal that’s not written down is like cigarette smoke; it disappears. With a written goal, you can see it, touch it, read it, and even change your goal if you want to. “I will attract $500,000 in private money.” Step 3: Pick a deadline for your goal. Deadlines help our brains focus on achieving the goal because it becomes a race against the clock. You need to give yourself a reasonable

“You’re either working to achieve your own goals, or you’re working to achieve someone else’s goals.”

Jay and Carol in Alaska

amount of time to meet your goal. “I will attract $500,000 in private money in 90 days.” If you don't achieve your goal before the deadline, that’s okay. Reevaluate and set a new deadline. Step 4: Make a list of everything you can do to achieve your goal . Identify obstacles you’ll need to overcome, what could go wrong, additional knowledge or skills you need, and people whose support you may need. Private lender luncheons can help attract more money. Your list should include individuals you’ll want to have attending that luncheon. Step 5: Organize your lists based on chronological sequence and priority. In addition to your overall deadline, determine deadlines for steps within your goal and put those steps in chronological order. On a separate list, organize each step in order of priority. What can you do first that will

Continued on page 3 ...

How To Get Lots of Money for Real Estate Fast & Easy! • Call Now! (252) 808-2927 • 1

Published by The Newsletter Pro • www.TheNewsletterPro.com

Made with FlippingBook HTML5