progress reports and mitigating actions to ensure key deliverables and targets are met.
• Deliver project management services as an expert practitioner in a particular service area.
• Deliver professional expertise with design briefs, construction and development of infrastructure estates and services. • Identify, source, design, construct, manufacture, test and validate resources, materials, tools, instruments, equipment, and software critical to service delivery. • Manage and monitor overall security, health, safety and fire assessments and procedures, sustainable construction and renovation, fabric maintenance, buildings and engineering services, design guidelines, energy management, business resilience and IT; ensuring they are incorporated into designs and compliant.
• Contribute to the development of the Estates’ Strategy.
• Carry out accommodation surveys, investment/ development appraisals, feasibility studies and property options, and develop business cases for submission to University Committees.
• Develop tender documentation, applying EU legislation, where applicable.
• Delegate authority and responsiblility to make decisions about the quality, level and nature of service and staffing necessary to meet operational and annual strategic business objectives. • Lead the design, development and implementation of service deliverables and influence organisational transformation. • Work with team members and stakeholders to build and maintain excellent working relationships; ensuring an accurate and up-to-date flow of information between all relevant stakeholders. • Build and establish contacts and networks with key stakeholders, internal and external staff, suppliers, contractors and industry specialists. • Formulate procurement strategies and procure project delivery teams and contractors, using the Professional Services Framework. • Carry out research to determine technological/ system/facility trends and translate these into implications, risks and opportuntities for operational service quality managment and delivery. • Lead, manage and implement one or more major projects, from inception to completion, across the organisation,liaising with other University teams, as necessary; monitoring and mapping performance against the original design brief, and providing
• Any other reasonable duties.
Specific Role requirements
• May be required to work evenings and weekends, as business demands.
• There may be a requirement for the post-holder to participate in local on-call arrangements, as relevant to this role.
• Attend all training and development, as required.
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online