NEWSLETTER Health & Wellness Newsletter Live Life Pain Free
Laura earned her Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science from the University of GETTING TO KNOW THE TEAM! DR. LAURA SCHWANEBECK, PT
•Be Healthier, Stronger, & More Active • Exercise Essentials • Patient Success Spotlight • Healthy Recipe • 7 Tips To A Healthier & More Active You • Holiday Workshops
North Florida in 2013 and her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from the University of Florida in 2018. She is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association. Laura is an avid exerciser who regularly competes in CrossFit competitions and an animal lover.
• Injury Treatment • Vestibular Fall Treatment
• Sciatica Treatment • And More!
Live Life Pain Free
Health & Wellness Newsletter
BE HEALTHIER, STRONGER & MORE ACTIVE ARE YOU AS LIMBER AS YOU SHOULD BE? NEWSLETTER
Whether you have hurt your back or have been suffering for a long time, seeing a physical therapist at ReQuest Physical Therapy can help you return to a more active and pain-free life. Give us a call today:
Everyone desires to be healthier, stronger and more active. However, you can often feel like it is difficult to attain these goals because of pain, injuries, or failed diets. What does it take to be healthier? Health is a relative term. It means that your body is operating at a high normal range in all the different systems from circulation, breathing, digestion, and more. It doesn’t mean you have to look like a supermodel. Anything you can do to help your body achieve more of an ideal state is a step towards a healthier you. Strength and flexibility There are approximately 642 skeletal muscles in the body. This means that your strength and flexibility play an important role in your health. Your muscles not only help you move, but they support your circulatory and breathing systems. A stronger and more flexible you, means a healthier you. Relieving joint or muscle pain and guiding you on proper exercise is part of our specialized physical therapy treatments.
• GAINESVILLE: (352) 373-2116 • NEWBERRY: (352) 692-2131
Aches, pains, and injuries All of these contribute to an unhealthier you. Pain increases bad chemicals in the body and increases stress. This affects your endocrine system, which regulates the hormones in your body and controls almost everything. Most muscle and joint pains can easily be treated by our specialized physical therapists. Our experts have the right knowledge and the time to listen, evaluate and guide you towards a pain-free, healthier lifestyle. Call us today to learn more and start a new chapter on a healthier you!
Subscribe to receive our digital newsletters on our website today!
7 TIPS TO A HEALTHIER&MORE ACTIVE YOU
1. Take care of aches and pains. Don’t let these long-term problems linger. Get professional help at ReQuest Physical Therapy. 2. Limit your sitting. Get up every 30 minutes and walk around at work and home.
3. Get out and move. Exercise regularly. At least walk every day.
4. Nutrition and portion control. Keep your intake of food nutritious and at a comfortable level. Chew your food more thoroughly and you won’t feel like you have to eat so much. 5. Drink more water. Water keeps your body systems functioning at an optimum level. 6. Breathe! Work on your deep breathing to increase oxygen intake and get your lymphatic system moving. 7. Get enough sleep. Sleep at least 8 hours a day. It is best to get into a routine so you go to bed and wake up on a regular cycle. This helps your endocrine system.
Call us today to schedule an appointment!
HEALTHY RECIPE: VEGETARIAN CHILI
INGREDIENTS • 1 tsp garlic-herb, salt-free seasoning • 1 tsp ground cumin • ⅛ tsp salt • 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans • 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
• 1 tsp canola oil • 1 cup chopped onion • 1 cup green sweet pepper • 2 cloves garlic • 1 tsp bottled minced garlic • 1 (14.5 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes • 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt, tomato sauce • 1 cup water • 4½ tsp chili powder
• ¼ cup light sour cream • Fresh cilantro (optional) • ⅛ tsp chili powder (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS Lightly coat an unheated large saucepan or Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat bottom of pan. Add onion, sweet pepper, and garlic to hot pan; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until pepper is tender, stirring often. If necessary, reduce heat to prevent burning. Add undrained diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, the water, the chili powder, the seasoning blend, cumin, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in beans and mixed vegetables. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender. If desired, top individual servings with sour cream and/or cilantro and sprinkle with the chili powder.
Patient Success Spotlight
DISCOVER HOW TO LIVE PAIN-FREE
At ReQuest Physical Therapy, you will receive hands-on therapy treatments by our friendly, caring health experts during focused and individualized sessions. It’s time to go to ReQuest Physical Therapy if: • You’re tired of living in pain • You want to feel better and move better • You have been in an auto accident or injured on the job • You want to prevent injury 1. Call and talk to your therapist 2. Discover why your pain has come back 3. Get your custom recovery program
I have a renewed interest in movement! “My problem was with balance and mobility during walking. I needed a cane when walking more than just a short distance. Now, I’m able to walk without a cane for 20 minutes, my flexibility in most of my body has completely improved, my stamina for various activities has improved, and I have a renewed interest in movement. I commend the staff for their skills and dedication for meeting my needs.” -Paul L.
OUR SPECIALTY PROGRAMS
FREE 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY!
• ADULT WEIGHT LOSS • ADOLESCENT/TEEN WEIGHT LOSS • CANCER & FATIGUE PROGRAM • PRENATAL MASSAGE THERAPY • TRUE COLORS HEALTH PROGRAM
GAINESVILLE: (352) 373-2116 NEWBERRY: (352) 692-2131
Limited to the first 25 callers. Expires 12-28-18
Attention Pain Sufferers HOLIDAY WORKSHOPS Avoid Holiday Weight Gain December 8th from 10-11am Free Workshops
Here’s some of what you’ll learn: � The single BIGGEST #1 MISTAKE weight gain & poor balance sufferers make which actually stops them from healing. � The 3 MOST COMMON CAUSES of weight gain and poor balance. � What successful treatment and permanent relief looks like without the side effects of medications, injections or surgery. We are hosting an Avoid Holiday Weight Gain and Balance and Fall Prevention Workshop at our Gainesville Health & Fitness Conference Room!
Balance and Fall Prevention December 15th from 10-11am
Avoid Holiday Weight Gain
• You’ll learn 6 ways to avoid holiday weight gain including: • You’ll learn 4 scrumptious recipes that you will decrease inflammation and replace traditional holiday recipes. • And you’ll actually learn recipes that will help you lose weight while enjoying the food during the holidays!
Balance & Fall Prevention
• You’ve fallen in the past or are afraid of falling in the future. • Your balance has become more unsteady or walking has become more difficult for you. • You’ve found yourself worrying more about falling, and the potential catastrophic effects, rather than living your life • You have a stubborn spouse or parent who is in denial and you want them to be able to enjoy life again.
Only 15 spots available! Don’t delay, register today by calling now!
Both workshops are located at Gainesville Health and Fitness Conference Room 4820 Newberry Road, Gainesville, FL 32607. RSVP AT (352) 373-2116
Exercise Essentials Try this exercise to keep you moving...
About Us When you need physical therapy, you have the right to choose where you go. If you are tired of being a number and ready for a physical therapy team that’s proud to offer special services not found in any other practice in the Gainesville area, ReQuest Physical Therapy is your choice. We offer a variety of additional premier services to make your time at ReQuest as pleasant as possible, including discounts for cash/self-pay patients, flexible payment schedules, and same-day appointments. We also accept patients without a physician’s referral, so you can begin treatment quickly and without the hassle of extra paperwork.
PRAYER STRETCH While kneeling with an exercise ball in front of you, slowly lean forward and roll the ball forward until a stretch is felt. Repeat 4 times.
Exercises copyright of
Stretches Lower Back
IT BAND STRETCH - SIDELYING Start by lying on your side with your back near the edge of your bed or table. Your affected leg should be on top. Next, let the top leg lower behind you as you maintain an extended knee as shown. You should feel a gentle stretch along the side of your leg. Repeat 4 times.
Relieves Hip & Knee Pain
Always consult your physical therapist or physician before starting exercises you are unsure of doing.
Why You Need To Come In For Another Check-Up:
� Move without pain � Bend and move freely � Balance confidently & securely
� Sit for long periods comfortably � Walk for long distances � Live an active & healthy lifestyle
Think ReQuest FIRST
Take Care Of Your Aches & Pains Before It’s Too Late!
Gainesville: (352) 373 2116 Tioga: (352) 692 2131Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6
Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs