Online Will Preparation
What is online will preparation? Lincoln Financial Group * offers online will preparation to complement your life insurance coverage. It’s a secure and convenient way to create a legally binding, state-specific will and other personal legal documents online. Online will preparation lets you document your final wishes, such as:
Log on today for instant access to:
Powers of Attorney
■■ Naming beneficiaries to inherit property ■■ Naming a guardian to care for minor children Online will preparation is straightforward:
Estate Letters Living Trusts
■■ Create, save, and print a legally binding will that you can change at any time. ■■ Detailed instructions and definitions guide you through the process. ■■ All personal legal forms and documents are stored on a secure server and are only accessible via a password. Who is eligible? If you have a life insurance policy issued by Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston, a Lincoln Financial Group company, you are eligible to prepare a will online through the Morneau Shepell site. Step-by-step instructions 1. Enter this address into your web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome): workhealthlife.com/mlassist
* Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation and its affiliates. Group insurance products and services described herein are issued by Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston, a Lincoln Financial Group company.
2. On the bottom left side of the page under Resource Center & Tools, select “Go to Resource Center & Tools,” and then select “Online Wills-Legal Forms.”
Legal Tools - Online Wills
On the next page, “Online Wills-Legal Forms,” go to the sentence below the bulleted list and click where it reads “Click here to view available documents and log into the secure system.”
This will take you to the “My Documents” page, where you can:
■■ Log in, or register if you are a new user, or ■■ Click the “Personal Documents” tab to begin a new document from the legal document catalog.
3. If you select “Personal Documents,” you’ll be taken to a new page where you can select your state from the drop-down menu. Click “Go” to continue. The next page will verify that you’re viewing your chosen state’s documents.
4. Under the “Categories” list of bullets, select “Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Estate Planning.”
Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Estate Planning
5. Confirm your state selection at the top of the new page and then select the type of document you want to work on, e.g., “Will for an Unmarried Person.” 6. Review your selection and click the bar that reads “Click here to select this document.” You’ll return to the “My Documents” page. 7. On the “My Documents” page, either register as a new user or log in as an existing user. On the next page (also titled “My Documents”), you can begin preparing your will. 8. Click the “Answer Questionnaire/Preview Document” button to answer a questionnaire that will tailor your document to your needs.
Answer Questionnaire/ Preview Document
Fill in your responses in this section on the left.
As you fill in each response on the left, your information will automatically populate in the document on the right.
9. As you fill in your responses, the black boxes in the “Sections” bar at the top of the page will turn red or green.
■■ Green boxes indicate that the information has been properly filled in. ■■ Red boxes indicate that there is incorrect or missing information.
10. After you complete each set of responses, click “Next” at the bottom of the page. 11. When you have finished answering the questionnaire, click the “My Documents” button to return to that page. 12. Click the “Download” button to download and print your document.
Note: You can also click the “Rename” link (under the current name of the document and time created) to give your document a name of your choice, and the “Delete” link to delete your document.
Contact the Morneau Shepell helpline at 877-695-2789 with any questions.
Online will preparation services are provided by Morneau Shepell. Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston does not insure or administer these services. See your policy or service contract for actual terms and conditions. Group insurance products and services described herein are issued by Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston, a Lincoln Financial Group company. Home Office: Boston, MA. Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation and its affiliates. Affiliates are
separately responsible for their own financial and contractual obligations. ©2018 Lincoln National Corporation. All rights reserved. LMB 501 05/18Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook Ebook Creator