COVID-19 RETAIL RECOVERY PROTOCOL
The ARA has united with key industry groups: The Shopping Centre Council of Australia (SCCA), National Retail Association (NRA), Shop Distributive and Allied Employees Association (SDA), Pharmacy Guild of Australia (PGA) to develop the below Retail Recovery Protocol for COVID-19.
· is a simple, practical and public-health led guide for retailers and shopping centres that continue to trade, are re-opening or are preparing to re-open when COVID - 19 restrictions ease,
· is particularly focussed on public gatherings, whereby retail employees, customers, contractors and others are physically in a retail store or shopping centre,
· provides 10 key actions that should be taken, however it does not substitute legislative responsibilities. Further guidance should be taken from National Cabinet decisions, public health authorities and workplace health and safety authorities such as WorkSafe Australia, and; · key actions will be different at each shopping centre and retailer, noting that each shopping centre, retailer (e.g. café versus clothing versus pharmacy) and retail premises is different, including issues such as location, tenancy mix, operating hours, size, customer visits, open-air / enclosed spaces, customer access points, car-parks, loading docks and co-location with public transport facilities.
THE KEY PRINCIPLES WHICH HAVE GUIDED THIS PROTOCOL ARE:
· public health and safety guidelines to protect people against infection and help prevent the spread of COVID - 19,
· compliance with ongoing Government and public health authority rules, directions and restrictions, and;
· working with and assisting Government and public health authorities when required.
Made with FlippingBook Learn more on our blog