A COMPLETE RENEWABLE ENERGY SYSTEM FOR THE FUTURE ———————————————————— POWER GENERATION SYSTEM PROPOSAL FOR BROOKE DOCKYARD AND ENGINEERING WORKS CORPORATION
“That’s why Renewable Energy is more than just being green; it is to make your tariff much more predictable, of which our electricity right now is hugely dependent on the global fuel price.” YEO BEE YIN Energy, Science, Technology, Environment and Climate Change Minister
ABSTRACT Unlike our friends in developed countries, especially in Europe, it may take a long way for us in Malaysia to know, to adapt and to start living using Renewable Energy produces from natural resources such as the sun, water and wind. Shifting from conventional energy sources to using Renewable Energy takes a lot of initiatives, efforts, dedications and the real reason for that - to save the environment by cutting down greenhouse emission and also to lower down the cost of electric charges produced by coal and gas. Energy, Science, Technology, Environment and Climate Change Minister has said, “What we want is affordable, reliable, sustainable and also long term energy security for our Country.” This is a bold statement from a New Government’s Minister who openly support the shifting to using Renewable Energy. If the Government is doing so, it is a clear picture for others to start following, adapting and using Renewable Energy to cut cost on the high electricity bills. Option in producing cheaper, low maintenance, high efficiency, environmentally friendly, green and sustainable energy is the right answer.
SHOW THE WORLD IT CAN BE DONE In future, the Asian market and the world will look upon our system with admiration. We take great pride in the fact that our system can deliver all this with zero CO2 emission commitments whilst creating a cutting-edge, stable infrastructure for supplying more electricity production for the people with NO taxpayer’s money being spent anywhere anytime. Furthermore, our system utilizes a collection of rainwater and condensation water as supply source to our storage area; it cleans the water to drinking standard and delivers clean water directly to our consumer. It all comes down to one thing and one thing only – to help other people.
THE PROPOSAL This proposal is to get attention from the Management of Brooke Dockyard and Engineering Works Corporation (Brooke Dockyard). We proudly propose the latest technology system in Renewable Energy, the Stand-Alone Micro-Hydro System. The system able to produces efficient electricity around the clock in any weather and geographically conditions at a minimal cost. It is also an aspiration by our Government for Renewable Energy not only to save the dollar and cents but to reduce carbon emissions. Our system uses all elements of what defined as Renewable Energy. The energy generated from renewable resources naturally replenished on human timescales, such as water and wind. The system designed mocking to the existing hydro dam that uses height, water, and velocity to produce energy. There is not much difference to the hydro dam. The beauty of it is that the system does not require a common water source such as a river or dam. The system is self-operated and not dependent on external power. The system can produce power 24 hours a day, rain or shine. The system can produce any amount of energy requires. The system can store the surplus energy so it will not go wasted. The system requires a minimum cost for power generation.
THE PROPOSAL – 25kWh VERTICAL WINDMILL SYSTEM
To cater for smaller requirement, ElQuator proposes for the Vertical Windmill System. Vertical Windmill System comes with a storage system that will store the energy harvested from the wind. There will be no continuous cost for the Vertical Windmill System to generates free electricity power. However, ElQuator will not guarantee that Brooke Dockyard will enjoy smooth electricity during the operation hours. Our proposal to Brooke Dockyard are: • ElQuator will sell, install and maintain a 25kWh wind energy system Sejingkat Yard to supply the electricity • ElQuator will perform the Service and Maintenance at the cost of RM0.12 per kilowatt-hour. The price is inclusive of professional technicians, parts and insurance. It will be monitored for 24 hours every day • The electricity generated will be transferred to Brooke Dockyard’s Main Switch Board (MSB) Room via a cable and distributed to the designated areas • The system will have its storage system that will provide stable electricity to Brooke Dockyard. Brooke Dockyard are advised to purchase the optional batteries for storage • The price for the complete Vertical Windmill System is RM 338,835.00
THE PROPOSAL – 500kWh HYDRO POWER SYSTEM To provide a stable electricity source for Brooke Dockyard’s heavy machinery workload, ElQuator proposes for the Stand-Alone Micro- Hydro System. Stand-Alone Micro-Hydro System has vast capabilities to operate around the clock on any weather conditions. With the minimum cost to produce power Brooke Dockyard will enjoy free electricity forever. It is Renewable and Sustainable Energy. Our proposal to Brooke Dockyard are: • ElQuator will sell, install and maintain a 500kWh hydro energy system on the location agreed by Brooke Dockyard to supply efficient electricity to the management building and the yard • ElQuator will perform the Service and Maintenance at the cost of RM0.12 per kilowatt-hour. The price is inclusive of professional technicians, parts and insurance. The system is monitored 24 hours every day • The electricity generated then transferred to Brooke Dockyard’s Main Switch Board (MSB) Room via a cable and distributed to the designated areas • The system will have its storage system that will provide stable electricity to Brooke Dockyard’s operation • The price for the complete Stand-Alone Micro-Hydro System is RM RM 5,305,125.00
THE PROPOSAL – 3.5MWh HYDRO POWER SYSTEM For Brooke Dockyard's future expansion, ElQuator would like to propose for a bigger system to be installed. By having its electricity producer system, Brooke Dockyard will enjoy free-flow electricity. Our proposal to Brooke Dockyard are: • ElQuator will sell, install and maintain a 3.5MWh hydro energy system on the location agreed by Brooke Dockyard to supply efficient electricity • ElQuator will perform the Service and Maintenance at the cost of RM0.12 per kilowatt-hour. The price is inclusive of professional technicians, parts and insurance. The system is monitored 24 hours every day • The electricity generated then transferred to Brooke Dockyard’s Main Switch Board (MSB) Room via a cable and distributed to the designated areas • The system will have its storage system that will provide stable electricity to Brooke Dockyard’s operation • The price for the complete Stand-Alone Micro-Hydro System is RM RM 25,150,125.00
ELECTRICITY CONSUMPTIONS The propose systems are designed to provide sufficient electricity demand for both the management's office and the yard. The table below is to substantiate of the electricity consumptions for each months. With the systems, Brooke Dockyard will save on the electricity bills tremendously.
186,889 280,334 280,334 280,334
Windmill & Hydro Windmill & Hydro Windmill & Hydro Windmill & Hydro
April May June July
Windmill Windmill Windmill Windmill Windmill Windmill Windmill Windmill
ADVANTAGES OF RENEWABLE ENERGY BY ELQUATOR On the other hand, the energy system developed by ElQuator is more suitable for the environment. It is environmentally friendly with no trace of any environmental impacts and no CO2 produced during the process of energy production. Advantages of Renewable Energy System by ElQuator: Weather Friendly Our Stand-Alone Micro-Hydro System works in all weather conditions, 24 hours a day. Energy collects and stores in our smart energy system is available when needed. Space Utilizing Only utilize a small footprint for our Stand-Alone Micro-Hydro System compared to another energy producer. Pollution Free No toxic materials and hazardous products used to produce our Stand- Alone Micro-Hydro System. Production of the system is done in Green practice to ensure it is 100% green and environmentally friendly.
ARTIST ILLUSTRATION – SYSTEM INSTALLATION
• Micro Hydro System is also known as a stand-alone hydro system. The unit can stand on its own and able to produce any amount of energy as it designed for, but it is not wise to run any system on 100% full performance. It will only be run on 75% performance 24 hours a day but will be put full 100% performance when needed. • The Micro Hydro System is simple as described in Wikipedia as pump hydro. There is mathematics in this that needs to be abided. Power in and power out minus lost in transmission is the well-known factor. Also, to use small power to gain larger power. • To make it simple in this resume, we use from 22% to 28% of the total power produced to have the 100% outcome from the main generator. We drop the water from a minimum height of 15 meters and at an angle of 32 degrees. The water run along a pipe size dimensioned to the specifications for the outcome. The pipes have small impellers along with it to produce DC power to storage. • When the water hits the main Pelton turbine, the turbine will rotate. The rotations go to the generator that produces AC power into either a synchronizer or controller, transformer and then to the grid. The synchronizer or controller use to make sure the HZ, AMP, and voltage are the required specifications. The water reaches in the upper reservoir after leaving the main turbine Pelton. From here it will be guided to the 4 + 2 meter Kaplan gate system, before sending it back to the reservoir at 15 meters up. • The Kaplan gate system is only for the power to return to the pump systems. It is when 22% to 28% of the power produced is used back to push the water back into the reservoir for the next cycle. It also acts as the backup system when needed if there is a break down to the system. • Micro Hydro system, on the other hand, has a lot of components. The main parts of the system are the AC generators and AC pumps, metal pipes in a various dimension and length; Pelton, Francis and Kaplan Turbine are all known in the hydro system. Size of the pipes matches the head and water speed. Control unit is custom made depends to project. H beam and ankle iron are 80% of the system's structure. STAND-ALONE MICRO-HYDRO SYSTEM
MECHANISM - VERTICAL WINDMILL
• The idea behind our Vertical Windmill System is, we come up with a very light windmill with the same m2 wing area as a traditional windmill. We use natural elements to spin our shafts to drive our generators. We fill up our storage by the moving shafts. For each windmill there is a special designed storage system. If there is no wind, the power from storage drives the shafts and energy will be produced • Unlike the traditional windmill that use high knot wind to move the blades that rotate the shafts, our Vertical Windmill System is more useable in any areas and runs well regardless of any wind direction. It is suitable to be placed on tall building and as such, we design the tower to be high not only to stores the whole system in it but also to place the windmill on top of it • Together with the system, you could find our Vertical Windmill System operational components comprises of generator, smart energy system, motor and controller box. All this component is the ‘heart’ that makes the Vertical Windmill System alive • The base of Vertical Windmill System are two gear box with ratio 1:5, control box build on Raspberry P I-3 and ESP 32, one wind turbine generator and one energy system generator • It hold Smart Energy System made from LithiUm Ion Polymer 18650 Batteries controlled by ESP 32 and Interface board, both are our own design. The output come from pure sine wave inverter with makes load at the design rate
VERTICAL WINDMILL SYSTEM
• Wind system that run 24/7 with constant power output • Even during low and zero wind • Able to produce 300watt, 900watt, 3kW, 5kW, 10kW, 25kW, 50kW, 100kW , 200kW • Can operate both on and off grid • For 25kW and above, can be in single unit or three phase power equals to 50/60 Hz 440 V • Three phase system available for 100kW and 200kW • Footprint for 100/200 kW system model approximately 4m2 x 4m2 with 8m height
VERTICAL WINDMILL VIEW
ARTIST ILLUSTRATION – SYSTEM INSTALLATION
Artist illustration of the Vertical Windmill System
• All our systems can be monitored through our control room or from any smartphone available in the market. Our monitoring system will allow us to monitor the System’s performance. • Data management such as the system's status, energy generated and consumed as well as the carbon footprint saved is the main features of the system. • The system is designed to suits the system installed by our software programmer. It can be customized to accommodate the needs of our clients. • In the program, the system's intelligent will notify us if the system seized or having difficulties in any part of its components. The technical team will be dispatch immediately to check the situation to avoid power disruption. • As part of our client, the senior management of Brooke Dockyard will able to access the monitoring system. Access to the system is only in your palm. Simple and efficiently monitored.
FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
• A carbon price is a cost applied to carbon pollution to encourage polluters to reduce the amount of greenhouse gas they emit into the atmosphere. Economists widely agree that introducing a carbon price is the single most effective way for countries to reduce their emissions. • A carbon credit is a permit or certificate allowing the holder, such as a company, to emit carbon dioxide or other greenhouse gases. The credit limits the emission to a mass equal to one ton of carbon dioxide. The ultimate goal of carbon credits is to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere • So, in a nutshell, carbon credit (often called carbon offset) is a credit for greenhouse emissions reduced or removed from the atmosphere from an emission reduction project, which can be used, by governments, industry or private individuals to compensate for the emissions they are generating. CARBON CREDITS AND THE ENVIRONMENT CARBON VALUES • The social cost of carbon is a measure of the economic harm from those impacts, expressed as the dollar value of the total damages from emitting one ton of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. • A carbon price is a cost applied to carbon pollution to encourage polluters to reduce the amount of greenhouse gas they emit into the atmosphere. Economists widely agree that introducing a carbon price is the single most effective way for countries to reduce their emissions. CARBON CALCULATION • 1 kilowatt of energy = 450 grams of CO2 • The current central estimate of the social cost of carbon is USD40 per ton
SHARING IS CARING
“A good company offers excellent products and services. A great company also offers excellent products and services but also strives to make the world a better place.” - Philip Kotler. We’re giving back 4% of our gross profit to the local communities as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). We believe that corporate responsibility is a virtuous cycle, where our support helps to build and grow sustainable environments in which everyone prospers. CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” - Jane Goodall As we fight to produce clean energy, we are taking things seriously for the future. Our aim is to use raw materials that which are environmentally friendly and to set up our micro hydro system in a green manner. All of our materials such as aluminium and iron can be recycled after 100 years of usage. So as much as we want to build, we will surely not contribute more to endangering our world. PRODUCE AND DISPOSE PLAN
ElQuator Sdn Bhd No 15, Jalan P4/8B, Palm Industrial Park
Bandar Teknologi Kajang 43500 Semenyih, Selangor Tel: +6(03)8726 0207 Email: email@example.com www.elquator.comPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18 Page 19 Page 20 Page 21 Page 22 Page 23 Page 24 Page 25 Page 26 Page 27 Page 28 Page 29 Page 30 Page 31 Page 32 Page 33
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online