Giving Back to Local Companies
On National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day
March 29 is National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day, which is huge for small businesses everywhere. Mom-and-pop businesses are the backbone of the U.S. economy; Small Business Trends reports that mom-and-pop businesses account for 64% of gross domestic product (GDP) and generate 78% of all new jobs. Furthermore, no matter what turns the economy takes, small-business owners are less likely to lay off their employees than big corporations. Mom-and-pop businesses support all communities, and you can support them by celebrating this unofficial holiday!
community can support even more small businesses that generate a wealth of jobs and keep the cycle going. In addition to the economic boost, products from small businesses are usually higher quality, which makes them a better value for your dollar. Take this day to shop for birthday and holiday gifts for your loved ones that will bring them great joy and last a lifetime. While small businesses utilize every form of marketing available, social media is essential for their success and growth. After shopping at your favorite mom-and-pop business, share that experience on your social media! When you write a post on Facebook or take a picture for Instagram, be sure to tag the business and use relevant hashtags so your friends, family, and everyone else in your community can shop there, too. GET SOCIAL AND SPREAD THE WORD!
Writing reviews on Google Reviews and Yelp helps establish validity for the company. When another potential customer looks for reviews, they know they’re getting quality products and services from a well- established pillar of the community. The local businesses that are active on social media may post deals and sales for that day only, so keep your eyes peeled and be sure to follow all your favorite businesses!
GIVE YOUR LOCAL ECONOMY A BOOST!
Shopping locally has a massive impact on your community. Local businesses return three times the amount of money to the local economy than larger corporations do. With that big of a returned investment, your
1. Use a password-protection application like LastPass. LastPass keeps all your passwords stored under one master password so your passwords remain locked and safe. 2. Look for the security symbol when you visit websites. If a site is secure, you will see a small lock symbol or other security feature in the search bar — if a site looks suspicious, it probably is. Only visit sites you know and trust, and never use your credit card on a site that doesn’t look safe. 3. Don’t store credit card details on shopping platforms. Sure, entering your credit card details into that department store site for safekeeping is simple (and makes it easier to spend!), but sites can get hacked. Instead, take out your card every time and enter details manually. 4. Know that public Wi-Fi can be unsafe. It’s fun to work at a cafe or use Wi-Fi when you’re traveling, but save looking at your bank account or transferring funds for a time when you can use secure internet. 5. Pop-ups and links can be fraudulent, so make sure you know what you are clicking on. If you get an email from someone with a link, check to make sure that person has actually sent the link. If you see a pop-up on a site, close the window and do not enter your bank account or other details. 5 Important Identity Theft Tips to Keep Your Family Safe
Orange Glazed Salmon
Inspired by RealFoodWithJessica.com
• 2 salmon fillets (10 oz total) • 1 tsp salt • 2 tbsp ghee • 1 tbsp garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped • Zest from 1 orange • 1/3 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice • 1 tsp tapioca starch
1. Heat oven to 425 F, and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. 2. Salt each fillet with 1/2 tsp salt. Bake for 6–8 minutes. 3. In a saucepan, combine ghee and garlic and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
4. Add rosemary, zest, and juice. Cook for another 3 minutes. 5. Stir in tapioca starch until lumps disappear and mixture thickens. 6. Plate salmon and top with orange sauce.
DellutriLawGroup.com | 3
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online