How to Create a pretty Origami Box
This month's puzzle is different. We wondered if you would enjoy the ancient Japanese art of origami. The https://www.origami-fun.com/origami-box.html has many fantastic origami creations for you to make. I loved the Origami box Masu in Japanese! Hint: The paper needs to be square for origami. You can make your own by folding the top right corner of the paper and fold it towards the lower left side. Bring it down until the paper forms into a right-angled triangle. Make sure all the corners touch each other exactly. There should be a small rectangular section left at the bottom, cut this off. You should now have a piece of squared paper.
1. Start with a square piece of paper. white side up Fold the paper in half horizontally and then vertically.
2. Fold the four corners of the square into the centre.
3. Fold the top and bottom of this square into the centre and open out again to create creases.
6. Fold down top corner of model and then open out again.
4. Open out the top and bottom triangular flaps.
5. Fold the long sides in to the centre and crease well.
8. You should now have 2 diagonal creases.
10. At one end of the model open along the
9. Repeat step 6 & 7 at the other end of the model, so you have the new creases at both ends.
7. Fold down model in the other direction.
creases you just made. This will raise the top portion of the model vertically.
Made with FlippingBook - Online Brochure Maker