N E W S L E T T E R
NOW OFFERING MASSAGE THERAPY AT FARMINGDALE PHYSICAL THERAPY WEST!
The benefits of proper care after injury are invaluable. Our goal is to see you safely return to your normal routine as soon as possible. With massage supplementing physical therapy you might notice accelerated healing, less scar tissue, reduced inflammation, boosted immune system, improved sleep, and stress relief. These fantastic benefits are accomplished by increasing circulation to relaxed muscles so the body can help more oxygen and nutrients reach the necessary tissues as well as clear away excess waste. The pressure and movement of a massage will also help the flow of lymph and to clear out build up in lymph nodes, so
the body can utilize its renewed ability to facilitate its own recovery and defense against common pathogens. Great news! For current and former patients of Farmingdale Physical Therapy West we’re offering a limited time 15% off your first treatment, Valid through January 2020. **Ask us about NYSHP insurance and how you can have your massage covered by insurance!
Call us at 516-731-3583 to book your appointment today!
N E W S L E T T E R
ARE DAILY ACHES AND PAINS HOLDING YOU BACK? INSIDE: How do you feel when you wake up in the morning? Does your body feel stiff, like a brick that’s been plastered to your bed? Is it difficult to move your arms, legs, back, etc., without feeling achy, sore, or even painful? Does it feel as if your body is moving in slow motion, your discomfort holding you back? Your body was made to move. Prolonged periods of inactivity can cause muscles and joints to constrict, resulting in pain or achiness - that’s why the mornings are typically the hardest for people experiencing these symptoms. However, the way that you live your daily life can also be a factor in daily aches and pains. Your body relies on certain physical responses to movement, such as posture, coordination, strength, blood pressure, etc. Everything you do has an impact on the way your body responds. If you live an inactive or unhealthy lifestyle, aches are certainly common. Conversely, if you have sustained an injury or strain from an overly-active lifestyle, aches will also be common. Whatever the case may be, physical therapists are here to help. Their sole focus is helping you achieve your highest level of comfort. If you are experiencing daily aches and pains that you just can’t seem to shake, give our office a call today. • 6 Simple Tips To Help Relieve Your Pain • Workshops & Events
COME IN AND GRAB A RAFFLE TO WIN A $50 GIFT CARD AT THE END OF THE MONTH!
• Share the Care • Employee of the Month
Why am I so achy? Overexertion is a common reason for achiness or pain. Let’s say you decide to start up a new physical routine. You’ve never been much of a runner, but you want to get into it. So, the first day you run, you push yourself to a mile. You didn’t think it sounded like too much, but your body wasn’t used to it. Your legs were overworked, and the tissues in your muscles got irritated, causing inflammation. Therefore, you wake up the next morning with sore legs. This is what happens when any part of your body is overworked. You may not notice it during the day while you’re moving, but inflammation can thicken overnight during inactivity, causing tissues to become inelastic. This can cause stiffness or pain in the morning, typically easing as you move throughout the day. However, the cause for stiffness isn’t always as cut and dry as, “I did an exercise I wasn’t used to so now I’m sore.” Sometimes it’s difficult to pinpoint the cause of your discomfort. That’s why it’s important to consult a physical therapist if your aches and pains persist. If you or a loved one suffers from aches & pains, you still have options. Call TODAY to schedule an evaluation with Farmingdale Physical Therapy West.
Get Moving Today with Farmingdale Physical Therapy West! FarmingdalePhysicalTherapyWest.com
1. Sleep! - This is probably the easiest step you can take to relieve common aches. Your body chemistry is delicate, and not getting enough sleep can affect that. This prevents your muscles and tissues from functioning as they normally would, resulting in stiffness, soreness, or achiness. 2. Stay hydrated - Drinking water is an important part of living a healthy, pain-free life. When you are dehydrated, your tissues become drier, which slows down normal chemical processes in your body. Your body is 70% water and your muscles are 80% water. When you don’t drink enough water, your body can become achy due to dryness. In order to stay hydrated, you should drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces every day. 3. Maintain a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables - Fruits and vegetables with bright colors often have a higher concentration of antioxidants and vitamins. By keeping these a consistent part of your diet, you can better assist your body in both repairing itself from pain or injury, as well as providing a preventative. Fruits and vegetables help your body in maintaining its normal functions. 4. Exercise regularly - Exercise allows your body to efficiently pump blood around your body. When you exercise on a consistent basis, muscles and joints remain warm, lowering the possibility of them becoming tight. 6 SIMPLE TIPS TO HELP RELIEVE YOUR PAIN
5. Keep a good posture - Slouching causes stress on the shoulders and neck, which can cause pain or achiness. If you sit at a desk or computer, it is important to get up every 30 minutes for a few seconds to stretch. Moving around or simply standing up after a while is a great way to maintain a good posture, even if you don’t have a very active day. 6. Get a physical therapy consultation - If your aches and pains are persistent and aren’t going away despite your best efforts, it may be time to consult a physical therapist. They will help you determine the best course of action for your specific needs. How physical therapy will help: A consultation with a physical therapist will allow you to address the issues that you’re facing. It is always better to figure out the cause of your pain early on, rather than waiting until it gets worse. The earlier you make an appointment, the easier the treatment will be. Your physical therapist will give you a muscle and joint evaluation to discover problem areas and determine exactly what may be causing your aches and pains. From there, they will create a personalized treatment plan for you that will help alleviate your aches. They are dedicated to your progress and genuinely want to see you feel better - so why wait?
EXERC I SE ESSENT I ALS TRY THIS EXERCISE FOR BACK PAIN RELIEF
TAST Y REC I PE ORANGE CRANBERRY BREAD
• 1 teaspoon baking powder • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 1 cup fresh cranberries • 1 teaspoon orange zest • 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted • 3/4 cup fresh orange juice • 1 egg
• 2 cups white whole wheat flour • 1/2 cup sugar
To start, lie on your stomach with your hands beside your shoulders. Push with your arms up on to your elbows and forearms. Hold this position for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times. Always consult your physical therapist or physician before starting exercises you are unsure of doing. PRONE ON ELBOWS
Greasean8×4 inch loafpan.Setaside.Preheatoven to350°F. Ina large bowl, add white whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cranberries, and orange zest. Gently stir. In a separate medium- sized bowl, add coconut oil, fresh orange juice, and an egg. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir to combine everything together. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
WORKSHOPS & EVENTS
• Alter G Treadmill • Orthopedic Therapy • Spinal Manipulation • Mckenzie Method • Manual Therapy • Mulligan Technique • Myofascial Release • Soft Tissue Mobilization • Kinesio Taping • Massage Therapy • Ultrasound • Laser Therapy • Electrical Stimulation
UPCOM I NG WORKSHOPS AT I S L AND ROCK !
FPT West has teamed up with Island Rock to focus on neck, wrist, and elbow injuries. Island Rock is a rock climbing gym located at 60 Skyline Dr. Plainview, NY 11803. If you have any interest in coming to one of these events please call us at 516-731-3583 for more information.
WHAT TO EXPECT
CALL TODAY TO REGISTER! (516) 731-3583
60 Skyline Drive Plainview, NY 11803
Our mission is to provide all patients and clients with an overall better quality of life, all within a positive, supportive, friendly environment. We will strive to offer the best possible Physical Therapy services in order to ensure success for our patients.
EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
Our employee of the month for December is Kevin Guenther. Kevin started working here at the beginning of November and became quickly liked by his co-workers and his patients. The reason he became interested in working here is because he read our company reviews online and saw nothing but good things. So far, Kevin’s favorite thing about working for FPT West is working alongside Butch, the owner, who has over 40
years of experience. He also loves being a part of a small but growing company. Last but not least, Kevin decided to become a PT because he loves being able to track the improvements of his patients. He stated, “the difference between the initial evaluation and their discharge makes it all worth it.” Congrats Kevin!
With more than 50 years of combined experience, Henry “Butch” Purslow, DPT and staff of Farmingdale Physical Therapy West offer elite Physical Therapy services in Bethpage, NY and the surrounding area of Long Island, NY. We have been voted Best of Long Island Physical Therapist for the past 4 years thanks to our amazing patients.
SHARE the CARE Thank you for putting your trust in us! Tell your friends about your good experience at Farmingdale Physical Therapy West and Lake Shore Physical Therapy.
I was referred by: New Client Name:
NOW IS THE TIME TO GET YOUR PAIN FREE CONSULTATION!
FREE Exam • C E R T I F I C A T E • Refer a Family/Friend to
• WHAT YOU GET: FREE 30 minute one-on-one appointment with one of our Physical Therapists
this Event to Receive a Free Weight Loss Training Session with Rich or a $20 Gift Card! *Every referral sent must receive treatment at least 3 times in order to be eligible*
• WHEN: January 30th, 9AM-6PM
• WHY: Help You Enjoy Life Again Pain Free!
• WHAT YOU NEED TO DO: Call 516-731-3583 NOW!
BETHPAGE LOCATION 4277 Hempstead Turnpike Bethpage, NY 11714
CELEBRATING OUR 9TH ANNIVERSARY WITH FREE EXAMS A ONE DAY SPECIAL OFFER FOR ALL PRESENT& PASTPATIENTS OF FARMINGDALE PHYSICAL THERAPYWEST Dear Valued Client, This fall marks the 9th Anniversary of Farmingdale PT West. We want to do something special to celebrate! This is our BIG THANK YOU for allowing us to serve you. To thank you, our valued customers, we are having a day of completely Free Exams for: • All loved ones, family, friends, neighbors and co-workers of our past and present patients If you are a past or present patient then call 516-731-3583 to schedule your Free Exam. If you are referring a friend or family member, give them the certificate included in this letter and have them call 516-731-3583 to schedule their Free Exam. The day of Free Exams will be on: Thursday, January 30th, 2020 from 9AM to 6PM. The Free Exam consists of a 30minute one-on-one appointment with the PhysicalTherapist of your choice.The PTwill talk with you about the history of your problem. They will take measurements to test how well you are moving and to test your strength. After a thorough exam, they will give you a written copy of: 1. The cause of your pain or problem. 2. A plan for successful treatment. The appointments are free, but are limited as each PT only has 6 spots available. Call 516-731-3583 now to schedule your Free Exam. The Free Exam is ideal for people suffering with: • Lower Back Pain • All past clients who have not been seen in PT in more than 3 months • All present clients who have another problem currently not being treated
• Arthritis • Sciatica • Neck Pain • Headaches • Shoulder Pain • Knee Pain • Problems Walking
If you are having pain or problems with day to day activities such as walking, standing, sitting for long periods, going up or down steps, getting in and out of the car, sleeping or driving, then this is an excellent opportunity to see one of our world-class therapists and find out the cause of your problem. Call 516-731-3583 to schedule your Free Exam for January 30th. Sincerely, Henry “Butch” Purslow, DPT
www.farmingdalephysicaltherapywest.comPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online