Health &Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
OUR PATIENTS MEAN THE WORLD TO US
We touch on personal care many times in our writing because it is such a high priority for us. It is so hard to put this into words sometimes. We really do treat you like we would like to be treated at ANY place of business. Really our patients
problem in my mid-back. It left me completely immobile for two days. My doctor was pleased with the patient results at ARI and felt the staff were very knowledgeable. Once I began PT, I saw continued improvement throughout the 3 weeks that I saw Mike and Ashley. I truly felt that the staff had my best interests at heart and did their best to get me back to 100 percent as quickly as possible. I especially appreciated the ease of getting appointments that worked with my schedule as well as the fast “in and out” that their facility allows.” - T.B. “Mike and Ashley are both highly skilled and experienced in what they do. They offer a high quality of care in a compassionate manner. They provide recommendations and guidance on various ways to help mobility and pain. They maintain good communication with the medical provider as well so that they are in the loop. They really go above and beyond to help. I would highly recommend their team to anyone needing PT.” - Laurie
ASHLEY KUHNAU PTA
say it best for us: “I came to Advantage Rehab in excruciating pain. The care I am receiving has been amazing. Through careful questioning, and even more importantly, actually listening to my answers, Mike and Ashley were able to pinpoint the cause of the pain and begin to work on minimizing it. The care they give is individualized and patients are not given a “one size fits all” therapy experience. I cannot recommend them highly enough!” - L.B. “I was first referred to Advantage Rehab after suffering from an unexplained acute muscle
Health & Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
INSIDE: • Simple Tips For Ache Relief • Healthy Recipe • Patient Success Spotlight • Free Physical Therapy Consultation
DON’T LET THE COLD BOTHER YOUR ACHES! SOLVE DAILY ACHES & PAINS
How do you feel when you wake up in the morning? Does your body feel stiff, like a brick that’s been plastered to your bed? Is it difficult to move your arms, legs, back, etc., without feeling achy, sore, or even painful? Does it feel as if your body is moving in slow motion, your discomfort holding you back? Your body was made to move. Prolonged periods of inactivity can cause muscles and joints to constrict, resulting in pain or achiness - that’s why the mornings are typically the hardest for people experiencing these symptoms. However, theway thatyou liveyourdaily lifecanalsobea factor indailyaches and pains. Your body relies on certain physical responses to movement, such as posture, coordination, strength, blood pressure, etc. Everything you do has an impact on the way your body responds. If you live an inactive or unhealthy lifestyle, aches are certainly common. Conversely, if you have sustained an injury or strain from an overly-active lifestyle, aches will also be common. Whatever thecasemaybe,physical therapistsarehere tohelp.Theirsolefocus ishelpingyouachieveyourhighest levelofcomfort. Ifyouareexperiencingdaily aches and pains that you just can’t seem to shake, give our office a call today.
Why am I so achy? Overexertion is a common reason for achiness or pain. Let’s say you decide to start up a new physical routine. You’ve never been much of a runner, but you want to get into it. So, the first day you run, you push yourself to a mile. You didn’t think it sounded like too much, but your body wasn’t used to it. Your legs were overworked, and the tissues in your muscles got irritated, causing inflammation.Therefore, you wake up the next morning with sore legs. This is what happens when any part of your body is overworked. You may not notice it during the day while you’re moving, but inflammation can thicken overnightduring inactivity,causing tissues tobecome inelastic.Thiscancause stiffness or pain in the morning, typically easing as you move throughout the day. However, the cause for stiffness isn’t always as cut and dry as, “I did an exercise I wasn’t used to so now I’m sore.” Sometimes it’s difficult to pinpoint the cause of your discomfort. That’s why it’s important to consult a physical therapist if your aches and pains persist.
Look inside to learn more about our programs and say good-bye to aches and pains!
SIMPLE TIPS FOR ACHE RELIEF
• Sleep! - This is probably the easiest step you can take to relieve common aches. Your body chemistry is delicate, and not getting enough sleep can affect that. This prevents your muscles and tissues from functioning as they normally would, resulting in stiffness, soreness, or achiness. • Stay hydrated - Drinking water is an important part of living a healthy, pain-free life. When you are dehydrated, your tissues become drier, which slows down normal chemical processes in your body. Your body is 70% water and your muscles are 80% water. When you don’t drink enough water, your body can become achy due to dryness. In order to stay hydrated, you should drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces every day. • Maintain a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables - Fruits and vegetables with bright colors often have a higher concentration of antioxidants and vitamins. By keeping these a consistent part of your diet, you can better assist your body in both repairing itself from pain or injury, as well as providing a preventative. Fruits and vegetables help your body in maintaining its normal functions. • Exercise regularly - Exercise allows your body to efficiently pump blood around your body. When you exercise on a consistent basis, muscles and joints remain warm, lowering the possibility of them becoming tight. • Keep a good posture - Slouching causes stress on the shoulders and neck, which can cause pain or achiness. If you sit at a desk or computer, it is important to get up every 30 minutes for a few seconds to stretch. Moving around or simply standing up after a while is a great way to maintain a good posture, even if you don’t have a very active day. • Get a physical therapy consultation - Ifyourachesandpainsarepersistent and aren’t going away despite your best efforts, it may be time to consult a physical therapist.They will help you determine the best course of action for your specific needs.
How physical therapy will help: A consultation with a physical therapist will allow you to address the issues that you’re facing. It is always better to figure out the cause of your pain early on, rather than waiting until it gets worse. The earlier you make an appointment, the easier the treatment will be. Your physical therapist will give you a muscle and joint evaluation to discover problem areas and determine exactly what may be causing your aches and pains. From there, they will create a personalized treatment plan foryou thatwillhelpalleviateyouraches.Theyarededicated toyourprogress and genuinely want to see you feel better - so why wait? Say goodbye to your daily aches and pains with physical therapy today!
Call an office nearest you to schedule an appointment today!
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS & CARROTS Healthy Recipe
• 1 tsp. chopped rosemary leaves • 1 tsp. chopped thyme leaves • Kosher salt • Freshly ground black pepper
INGREDIENTS • 3/4 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved • 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2” pieces
• 1/2 c. toasted pecans • 1/2 c. dried cranberries
• 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil • 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 400°F. Scatter vegetables on a large baking sheet. Toss with oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender, shaking the pan halfway through. Before serving, toss roasted vegetables with pecans and cranberries. In a large bowl, toss vegetables with oil, balsamic vinegar, and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
CALL TODAY! (320) 219-9680
DISCOVER HOW TO LIVE PAIN-FREE
Patient Success Spotlight
At Advantage Rehab Inc., you will receive hands-on therapy treatments by our friendly, caring, health experts during focused and individualized sessions.
“I have suffered from tension headaches for the last 7 years. I have tried many different things including burning the nerve endings in my neck and a shot of cortisone and steroids. The shot worked temporarily, but when I started physical therapy, that’s when the progress really started. I began with ARI in May meeting with both Mike and Ashley. I started going 2-3 times a week. As I progressed I was down to once every 2 weeks. In 3 months time, with exercises on my own and therapy, my neck is SO much better then is has been in years. When it does start to feel tight again, I do the stretches and exercises that they taught me and it goes away. Great work! A great place for physical therapy. Very knowledgeable!” - Jillayne C. “My neck is so much better!”
It’s time to visit Advantage Rehab Inc. if: • You’re tired of living in pain • You want to feel better and move better • You have been in an auto accident • You want to prevent injury • You have been injured on the job 1. Call and talk to your therapist 2. Discover why your pain has come back 3. Get your custom recovery program
Take Care of Your Aches and Pains Before It’s Too Late.
Attention Pain Sufferers!
Are You Suffering From Aches & Pains?
• Decrease your pain • Increase your strength • Increase your activity level We can help:
• Increase your flexibility • Improve your health • Get back to living
Mention or Bring in This Coupon Today For a FREE Physical Therapy Consultation
Call Today: 320-219-9680
Offer valid for the first 25 people to schedule. Expires 02-16-20.Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook Ebook Creator