Project & Financial Advisors for Regeneration and Infrastructure Development Consultancy Candidate Information Pack
About Newbridge Advisors
• A team of 6, of which 5 are ex-Royal Bank of Canada who have worked together for 10 years – combined 50 years of infrastructure delivery experience
• Based in central London
• Specialising in financial advisory and project management and development for regeneration and infrastructure
• Bank debt, institutional debt and equity
• FCA regulated for finance
• Launched June 2012
“High-quality advice at a reasonable price”
Focused on helping our clients to deliver Regeneration and Infrastructure
• Pro-active advisors who give views on the important issues
• Understanding the underlying project and contracts
• Professional financial modellers – ensuring that models mirror reality – integrated with strategic advice
Development and Project Services
Project Development • Assessing best value commercial structures e.g. JV, disposal, direct delivery
• Shaping the project in line with objectives • Setting realistic programme and budget
Procurement and Tendering • Managing procurements (OJEU and non OJEU) and disposals
• Challenging conventional tender structures • Leading contract negotiations - DAs, leases • Developing commercially robust solutions
Options Appraisal and Business Cases • All project types e.g. Olympic Stadium, residential, commercial, arts and culture • HMT 5 Case Model and bespoke – Strategic, Outline and Final Business Case preparation Governance and Stakeholders • Managing complex stakeholder arrangements and multi-disciplinary teams, including international design teams • Establishing and managing governance for approvals, risk and change
What We Do
• Government Offices
• Full project financing advisory service
• Health & Hospitals
• PPP bid strategy & transaction advice
• Housing & Urban Regeneration
• Infrastructure M&A, sell-side & buy-side
• Schools & Colleges
• Refinancing, roll-over & restructuring advice
• Secure Accommodation
• Project bond issue & private placement advice
• University Student Accommodation
• Project feasibility, option & performance appraisals
• Rail & Roads
• Variations & waiver management
• Airports & Ports
• Financial & asset portfolio modelling
• Renewable Energy
• Operational models & business plan models
• Municipal Waste
• Swap valuation & restructuring advice
• Water and Waste Water
• Portfolio modelling
“Pro-active consultancy, focussed on driving regeneration and infrastructure delivery”.
The Newbridge Advisors Team
Matthew Houseley has advised clients on European project financings for over 20 years. Matthew is a founding partner of Newbridge Advisors. He previously worked for Royal Bank of Canada for 12 years following a 9-year career at Greenwich NatWest and was the Managing Director, Head of RBC’s Social Infrastructure team. Matthew has helped to deliver funding for government offices, hospitals, housing, rail, renewables, roads, schools, secure accommodation, universities, waste and water projects. Other work has included advising clients on equity disposals and acquisitions, regeneration initiatives, restructur- ings and capital raisings. Matthew is currently working on projects in the UK and the Netherlands and has previously worked on projects in France, Ireland, Italy, Sweden and the USA. For the first six months of 2003, Matthew was seconded to Partnerships UK where he established the Refinancing Taskforce. Matthew holds a BA in Physics from Jesus College, Oxford University. For the previous 6 years, he was part of Royal Bank of Canada’s Infrastructure Finance team where he advised sponsors primarily on PPP/PFI transactions. This has included funding structures using bank debt, capital markets and also institutional funding. This has involved optimising the financial and commercial aspects of the bid strategy and developing financial models to analyse the project. He has worked on projects across a range of sectors including both social infrastructure and transportation, predominantly in the UK but also in a number of other European countries. Prior to RBC, Richard was at Operis Business Engineering where he led one of its three modelling teams. Richard is a Chartered Financial Analyst and has completed London Business School’s Corporate Finance Programme. Richard Dodson has been a financial advisor on project finance transactions for 14 years. Richard is a founding partner of Newbridge Advisors.
Stephanie Paillat has been working as an advisor for over 10 years. She specialised in project finance in 2006 and worked for Royal Bank of Canada structuring finance and providing financial advice for infrastructure projects in the UK, France and Swe- den in health, education, transportation and accommodation projects. Prior to RBC, Stephanie worked for 6 years at PwC in Paris and London. She advised large investment banks on risks associated with their activities with a special focus
on regulatory compliance (Basel) and financial performance management where she developed a strong knowledge and expertise of financial products.
In parallel, Stephanie was in charge of performing regulatory audits and certifying accounts for financial institutions. Stephanie holds a Master of Science degree from the Ecole Centrale de Lyon, in France, where she studied Mathematics and Physics.
The Newbridge Advisors Team
Delia Beddis heads up Newbridge Development and Project Consultancy.
Matt Kemp began working at Newbridge Advisors in 2016, having started his career at Morgan Stanley, before spending 3 years in the investment performance team of John Laing. At Laing he specialised in value enhancement, divesting assets and portfolio valuation. He has had broad exposure across assets in construction and operations, and of a number of sectors including social infrastructure, transportation, waste and renewable energy, both in the UK and globally. Matt holds a degree in Mathematics from the University of Bath and has completed all three levels of the Chartered Financial Analyst qualification.
Delia previously led the development and procurement of major projects for the London Legacy Development Corporation. She played a key role in the long leasehold sale of the former Media Centres to Here East and led the international procurement for a developer for 1,500 new homes at East Wick and Sweetwater including 500
Private Rented unit.
Delia also has experience of developing education, art and cultural project and has excellent skills in managing stakeholders and large teams. Delia was previous an advisor at the Royal Bank of Canada where she advised on Housing Association debt capacity, infrastructure PFI bids and house policy in Northern Ireland. Delia is a Non-Executive Board Member at Lambeth and Southward Housing Association.
Delia holds an MSC from the University of Edinburgh, is a Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and is a qualified PRINCE 2 Practitioner.
Adam Hylan has advised on corporate finance transactions for over 20 years. He has previously worked for Ernst & Young, Royal Bank of Canada and HSBC, executing a range of M&A as well as debt and equity financing transactions in the airport, road, rail, port and shipping sectors.
He has also advised the UK Department for Transport on a number of occasions.
Prior to focusing on the infrastructure sector, Adam worked on a brand range of UK corporate finance transactions, including IPOs and public takeovers. Adam has considerable international experience, having worked for HSBC in New York and completed transactions in France, Spain, Australia, Singapore, Jordan and China as well as the UK.
Homes for Lambeth
Homes for Lambeth (‘HFL’) is a new, wholly owned housing company established by Lambeth Council to deliver private and affordable housing in the Borough. HFL will deliver affordable homes on estate regeneration schemes in an innovative way for the Council, together with high volumes of housing across other tenures which are essential to meeting the current and future needs of Lambeth’s residents. In January 2018, Lambeth’s Cabinet approved the detailed governance proposals, Business Plan and associated mobilisation activities for HFL’s first schemes which Newbridge developed with the Council. HFL will begin managing its first affordable homes in Summer 2018.
Newbridge’s role has involved providing direct engagement and support to the Council and the Board of HFL, including:
· Providing commercial input and coordinating assumptions to maintain a state aid compliant approach.
· Overseeing the registration process of a new Housing Association in the group structure and preparing documents for assessment by the Regulator of Social Housing.
· Co-ordinating legal advisors on matters ranging from governance, loan agreements, and agreements and use of the Council’s powers.
· Developing the Business Plan for the new companies, working with the Council’s Finance team on the outputs from their financial model.
Springfield Hospital Residential Development
Newbridge advised a consortium of Mace and Notting Hill Housing Trust in their bid for the redevelopment of Springfield Hospital in south-west London. The Springfield Trust was seeking a development partner to redevelop some of the sites for residential uses, convert the listed hospital building and re-provide new hospital facilities. Newbridge advised Mace and Notting Hill on the financial and commercial aspects of their bid. This involved maximising the payments available to the Trust from residential plots to fund the delivery of new hospital facilities.
London Borough (Confidential)
Newbridge is currently working with a London Borough to assess the costs and benefits of moving newly built homes into the private rented sector to mitigate falling property values in parts of Central London. Newbridge has assisted the Council in assessing the financial viability of opportunities with third-party investors as well as direct investment by the Council through a wholly owned company. Newbridge is providing commercial, financial and strategic input to advise the Council on the delivery options and how these fit within the Council’s powers and wider social objectives.
Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation (OPDC)
Newbridge is advising Homes England on entering into a development loan with a major Housing Association in the South East. The loan will fund the delivery of a complex estate regeneration scheme and a further retail redevelopment.
Newbridge is working as part of a wider team to support OPDC in delivering their business plan to develop new homes and employment opportunities across Old Oak. This involves the acquisition of strategic sites in the area, securing public and private sector funding and developing a viable delivery strategy that is attractive to the development market.
Newbridge has developed a bespoke cashflow model for the schemes, integrating the specific loan requirements.
Role Profile - Associate – Development Consultancy Newbridge is seeking a new member to join the Development and Project Management team. The role will involve working with Local Authorities, Government and GLA organisations, Housing Associations and private developers to provide advice on major regeneration and development projects.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills. · A commitment to supporting clients to shape and deliver their strategic aspirations. · A desire to contribute to the growth and success of the business.
Services include early stage strategy preparation, project viability, business planning, structuring transactions, establishing and overseeing project governance.
· Understanding and implementing good governance and project management practices including risk assessment, governance and stakeholder management. · Confident in preparing reports and presenting information verbally and in written form. · Experience of residential-led and mixed-use regeneration including affordable housing and a focus on pre-construction development. · Experience and understanding of housing-led regeneration and public/private partnership vehicles. · Understanding of public sector procurement processes with experience on the bidding side or Contracting Authority’s side. · Opportunity to join an ambitious, growing business with a unique service offering and a diverse client base, across property and infrastructure. · Working with experienced senior Partners and the opportunity to contribute towards shaping the development of the business. · A focus on quality, working out how to go beyond client expectations. · A supportive, working environment offering a high degree of autonomy and space to develop a career. What we offer
The individual will work closely with the lead Partner for Development and Project Management to provide high-quality services to clients. The successful candidate will be confident working directly with clients, project stakeholders and other professional advisors. The successful candidate will have the ambition to develop quickly and play a role in Newbridge’s growth and development.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who meets the profile set out below.
· Educated to degree standard or equivalent with 3 - 5 years post qualification experience in either the public or private sector. · From a property development and/or regeneration background. · Flexible, confident and motivated with a high degree of ‘common sense’. · Self-driven and able to work independently and liaise with clients. · Organised and responsive to the needs of the project, clients and the Newbridge team. · Able to adapt written and verbal communication for different audiences. · Numerate and comfortable working with Excel to interpret the outputs and key drivers of financial appraisals and cashflow analysis.
The Management Recruitment Group are exclusively mandated in partnership with Newbridge Advisors. All internal and external applications will be forwarded to MRG and included in the selection process. To apply or for a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Miles Smith or Matthew Evans of The Management Recruitment Group on:
The Management Recruitment Group
The Management Recruitment Group 68 King William Street London EC4N 7DZ 020 7959 2368
www.mrgpeople,co.ukPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13
Made with FlippingBook - Online magazine maker