Health &Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
ADVANCED REHABILITATION, INC. P H Y S I C A L T H E R A P Y
KEEPING YOU SAFE & HELPING YOU RECOVER
The Department of Homeland Security deemed physical therapist as “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers” during the COVID-19 pandemic. Per Homeland Security, “If you work in a critical infrastructure industry, such as healthcare services or pharmaceutical and food supply, you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule.” Because of this, Advanced Rehabilitation has remained open and has been actively treating patients during this time by following CDC guidelines. Physical therapy is still necessary. Among other essential services, some of the most beneficial services we offer at Advanced Rehabilitation include: Essential post-surgical care (for non-elective and elective surgery) Critical post-neurological episode out-patient rehabilitation Imperative gate keeper screening for patients who may otherwise be unnecessarily entering emergent healthcare facilities such as hospital emergency rooms. What safety practices are in place? We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty during this time. However, we can assure you that we are taking the necessary steps to make sure our patients are as safe as possible while they are being treated at our clinic. As a healthcare provider we already had in place infection control practices and procedures for patient and staff safety. In addition to our standard protocols, we added extra levels of protection including but not limited to:
1. Requiring all patients and employees to wear masks during treatment. 2. Taking temperatures of all patients and employees upon arrival. 3. Providing hand sanitizing stations for your use upon entering and exiting the building. 4. Rearranging our treatment area to follow social distancing guidelines. 5. Limiting entrance to the building to the patient only while asking family members to wait outside. (Patients who are minors are allowed one accompanying adult.) 6. Screening new patients using a standardized set of questions. As always, we continue to take health protocols very seriously and we hope these added levels of protection provide you with an extra sense of comfort. If you would like to know more about our health practices, please feel free to contact us with any questions. Consult with a physical therapist today. For anything you may need or any questions you may have, our physical therapist are here for you. Schedule a consultation with Advanced Rehabilitation today to discuss your questions, concerns, and needs at this time.
Health & Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
ADVANCED REHABILITATION, INC. P H Y S I C A L T H E R A P Y
COME OUT OF QUARANTINE WITH A VENGEANCE! BECOME HEALTHIER, STRONGER, & MORE ACTIVE
Inside: • 7 Ways You Can Become Healthier & More Active • Deep Tissue Laser Therapy • Patient Success Spotlight • Healthy Recipe
It is common aspiration to become healthier, stronger, or more active. However, this can sometimes be a difficult feat, with lack of time, pain, injuries, or difficulty sticking to a nutritious diet. When you are in pain, undesirable chemicals within your body are heightened, which can increase stress. As a result, your endocrine system becomes affected, which works to regulate the hormones in your body.
breathing, circulation, digestion, and more. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to be the most athletic person in the room. Any step you make toward helping your body function at its optimum levels is a step toward becoming a healthier you. Your physical therapist can provide you with exercises, stretches, and nutritional tips that can help increase your health and help you feel physically better overall. Increasing your strength and flexibility: It is no secret that strength and flexibility both play important roles in your health. Did you know that there are approximately 642 skeletal muscles in the human body? Your muscles work hard, not only to help you move, but also to support your circulatory and breathing systems. When you become stronger and more flexible, you become healthier overall. Our physical therapists can guide you through proper exercises and specialized treatments in order to relieve your joint and muscle pain, increase your strength and flexibility, and improve your overall health.
Marie Etienne, DPT
Fortunately, the vast majority of aches and pains can be successfully treated by a licensed physical therapist. At Advanced Rehabilitation, our team is comprised of movement experts who have the knowledge and training to diagnose, evaluate, and treat any musculoskeletal condition that comes their way. To find out more about how our services can help you live a healthier, stronger, and more active life, contact our office today! Your health and you: The term “health” is all relative. It essentially means that your body is operating at its highest levels of function in regards to
Stay updated on times and dates of our beneficial workshop sessions. Check out our website for more info about our upcoming workshops!
7 WAYS YOU CAN BECOME HEALTHIER & MORE ACTIVE
Physical therapy treatments can help improve your health, but they only work if you apply healthy lifestyle choices in your everyday life, as well. Some tips you can do on your own to become healthier, stronger, and more active include:
1. Taking care of aches and pains. Don’t let these long-term problems linger. Contact Advanced Rehabilitation for professional help.
2. Limiting your sitting. Get up every 30 minutes to walk around at work and home.
3. Getting out and moving. Exercise regularly, even if it’s just taking a short walk every day.
4. Maintaining a nutritious diet and controlling portion. Make sure your food intake is nutritious and portioned. By chewing your food thoroughly, you won’t feel as if you have to eat as much.
7. Getting enough sleep. Sleep at least 8 hours a day. It is best to get into a routine where you are going to bed and waking up on a regular cycle. This helps your endocrine system.
5. Drinking more water. Water keeps your body systems functioning at an optimum level.
Contact Advanced Rehabilitation today! Are you looking for assistance with increasing your health, strength, and physical activity? Our team at Advanced Rehabilitation would love to help you live your highest quality of life. Contact us today to begin your new chapter toward becoming a healthier you!
6. Breathing! Work on your deep breathing in order to increase your oxygen intake and get your lymphatic system moving.
Contact a clinic nearest you today to schedule an appointment!
ORZO WITH ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO Healthy Recipe
INGREDIENTS • 5 oz uncooked orzo pasta
• 2 cloves garlic, smashed & finely chopped • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil • salt & fresh pepper to taste • 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan or Pecorino
• 1/2 large zucchini, 1/4-inch diced • 1 small plum or Campari tomato, diced
INSTRUCTIONS Cook pasta in large pot of salted water as directed for al dente. Reserve about 1/2 cup liquid before draining. Drain orzo in a colander and add the oil to the pot. Saute garlic 1 minute, until fragrant, add the zucchini and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Cook until tender, 3 to 4minutes. Add the cooked orzo and stir to combine all. Add some of the reserved liquid as needed so pasta isn’t dry. Add freshly grated cheese and stir.
DEEP TISSUE LASER THERAPY ASK ABOUT LASER THERAPY TODAY DRUG FREE | NON-INVASIVE | PAIN RELIEF
Deep Tissue Laser Therapy Experience the power of laser therapy with the most advanced therapeutic option available, Deep Tissue Laser Therapy from Laser Light Force. This drug-free, surgery-free, painfree modality quickly relieves pain associated with:
Patient Success Spotlight “Goes above and beyond helping you feel better!” “ARI is the best! I called for an appointment in the parking lot, they told me to come right in! Getting after work appointments were never a problem. They started therapy on me at the first appointment. I could tell they really take pride in their work and the staff are super! Becky helped me so much with finding orthotics that would help me and finding proper shoes. She just goes above and beyond helping you feel better, she finds where all your problem stem from. Thanks so much. I will recommend you to everyone!” - Kathleen M.
� Plantar Fasciitis � Carpal Tunnel � Sports Injuries � Soft Tissue Damage � More...
� Sciatica � Arthritis � Bursitis � Disc Injuries � Shoulder Pain � Migraines
� Neck Pain � Neuropathy � Headaches � TMJ � Back Pain
Deep Tissue Laser Therapy has proven to get results in just one session! Diminish your pain levels and perform your daily activities pain free and enjoy life again! Schedule your appointment by calling a clinic nearest you!
Helps With Knee And Hip Pain
BRIDGING While lying on your back, raise your buttocks off the floor/bed. Repeat 6 times.
ARI, We Can Fix That!
Why You Need To Come Back In For A Tune- Up: � Move without pain
� Sit for long periods comfortably
� Bend and move freely � Balance confidently and securely
� Walk for long distances � Live an active and healthy lifestyle
If you are not sure about how to do this exercise, please consult with your physical therapist before starting.
www.arirehab.comPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook - Online Brochure Maker