These Were Builders

Neumann Hall

Erected in 1961, the four-story dormitory has a capacity for two hundred students. It was ready for occupancy in September, 19o2. During the special Dedication Week, April 19^3, the residence hall was formally dedicated to George 3. Neumann, beloved and highly respected sociology teacher and dean of men. Since there were so many buildings involved in Dedication Week, the following paragraphs summarizes the activities of the opening day: State University College at Buffalo began a five day program noting its campus expansion and role in higher education on April 24, 1963. A luncheon held in Moot Hall officially opened the special week. Frank C. Moore, chairman of the Board of Trustees of the State University of New York and Walter J. Mahoney, president pro tempore of the New York State Senate were the principal speakers. Following the luncheon, college officials, guests, faculty, and students participated in dedication and cornerstone laying ceremonies for eight campus buildings completed recently or presently under construction. Before leaving Moot Hall, a portrait of the former Adelbert Moot, distinguished Buffalo lawyer and member of the Board of Regents from 1912-1929, was unveiled. Members of his family were present for this occasion. The group then proceded to a site on the east side of the campus between Rockwell Hall and Ketchum Hall and there dedicated a large

Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker