TAKE A BREAK
WANT TO TRY MINIMALISM?
7 RESOURCES TO HELP YOU GET STARTED
Before they separated, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West owned one of the most extreme minimalist homes in Hollywood. One bright white room held nothing but a massive plush “sculpture” by Isabel Rower. In Architectural Digest’s photos, it looks like a giant octopus made out of pillows, and the six Kardashian-Wests climbing around on it appear straight out of a sci-fi novel. The Kardashian-West’s extreme minimalism is a symptom of a larger aesthetic trend that caught fire during the pandemic when people stuck in their homes realized they’d prefer to spend time in calm, clutter-free spaces with neutral colors and clean lines. If minimalism has intrigued you and you want to learn more about the decor trend and lifestyle, here are a few places to get started.
• “The Minimalist Home: A Room-by-Room Guide to a Decluttered, Refocused Life” by Joshua Becker — This book will take you through the process of simplifying and decluttering your home (and life!) room by room. • “Minimalism for Families: Practical Minimalist Living Strategies to Simplify Your Home and Life” by Zoë Kim — This light read teaches the benefits of minimalism and explains how to get the whole family on board.
ONE-PAN APPLE CIDER CHICKEN
• “Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things” and “The Minimalists: Less Is Now” on Netflix — “Minimalism” and its follow-up explore the minimalist journeys of two people who discovered minimalism as adults and now share its lessons with others. • “Thrive With Less” on Vimeo — This one-hour documentary follows six students who undertake the challenges of minimalism to find satisfaction in their lives. (Vimeo.com/ThriveWithLess)
Inspired by WellPlated.com
• 4 tsp olive oil, divided • 3 sweet apples, cut into 1/2-inch slices • 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped, plus more for garnish
• 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs • 1 tsp salt, divided • 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
• 1/2 cup apple cider • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
and cover with foil. Wipe the skillet clean.
1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Set aside. 2. In a small bowl, combine apple cider and mustard. Set aside. 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm 2 tsp olive oil.
• CKSPACE — If you want to learn more about celebrity minimalism, digital minimalism, or decluttering, this channel has you covered with its beautifully filmed videos. • A Small Wardrobe — This channel, run by a former Australian art teacher, is geared toward women and offers minimalist home, wardrobe, and lifestyle advice. • Matt D’Avella — Matt D’Avella’s famous video “A Day in the Life of a Minimalist” has more than 17 million views on YouTube. On his “Minimalism” playlist, you’ll find minimalist home and habit videos, along with mindset and productivity tips.
4. Heat the remaining oil in
the skillet, then add sliced apples, remaining salt and pepper, and rosemary. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Return the chicken to the
When shimmering, add chicken thighs top-side
skillet and add apple cider- mustard mixture. Cook for 5 minutes, then serve sprinkled with rosemary!
down. Cook for 4 minutes, then flip and cook for 4 more minutes. Transfer to a plate
Keystonelawfirm.com | 3
Made with FlippingBook Digital Proposal Creator