CONSULTING PROFILE Tanisha Upshaw is an experienced leader in global chemical regulatory compliance. She has a proven record of success through her resource management, project management and creative problem-solving of chemical industry challenges within organizations. She is known for her profile as a team player with a strong work ethic and high problem-solving acumen. She consistently delivers business critical initiatives through providing skilled, engaged and experienced resources with high client service prowess and accessibility. Tanisha has in-depth knowledge of chemical product compliance and stewardship with several Federal, State and Local government agencies; specifically, EPA, FDA, CSPA, OSHA and DOT. As a lifetime steward of the chemical and regulatory industry, she is recognized for her ability to improve processes while ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
“I am passionate about helping people by igniting talented resources through inspired project experiences that fire them up to bring their best to company challenges. Through servicing the needs of clients and providing the very best resources, I spark a chain reaction of problems solved and solutions delivered with mutual wins for all involved.” Our Chain Reaction Approach chain re•ac•tion / ˈˌ CHān rē ˈ akSH ə n/ a chemical reaction or other process in which the products themselves promote or spread the reaction, which under For Fired Up Resources, a client reaction or project in which the resources themselves promote or spread solutions, which under business conditions accelerate results dramatically. certain conditions may accelerate dramatically. - Tanisha Upshaw
Chemical Product Stewardship She utilizes resources to ensure that products are regulatorily compliant for the intended market. Fired Up Resources genuinely cares about the products as a whole, as well as each individual aspect of them.
OSHA Hazard Communication She reviews data sheets and labels, interprets standards globally and locally and advises on chemical safety, transportation of chemicals and hazard communication programs. Project Management She uses proven processes and knowledge of existing resources to execute regulatory affairs. Communicates as necessary with different departments and regulatory bodies in order to keep projects on track and meet timelines.
423 . 595.0492
Newell Brands Product Safety Regulatory Compliance - Principal • Provides expert level consulting to project teams for new product development and existing product improvement projects while working within a cross-functional team. • Drives to the analysis of highly complex new regulatory developments Global Safety Management Director Global Chemical Regulatory Affairs • Serves as the Regulatory Affairs Director for chemical compliance matters concerning hazard communication, Safety Data Sheet and product label authoring, chemical registrations and general regulatory monitoring and awareness for a global customer base Kemira Sr. Product Stewardship & Regulatory Affairs Specialist • Responsible for the product compliance management of paper and pulp products Zep, Inc. Regulatory Compliance Specialist • Implemented product regulatory compliance programs to ensure products were developed, sold, distributed, transported, used and disposed of in compliance with product compliance regulations.
United Power Services, Inc. Analytical Chemist
• Conducted oil testing as a diagnostic tool for determining the location of an incipient fault in transformers, regulators, or tap changers.
Empirical Laboratories, LLC Laboratory Scientist • Primary responsibility for the research and analysis of conventional and priority pollutants within ground, surface and drinking waters, industrial wastewaters, solid waste, soils and water supplies for the EPA, U.S. Army, Navy and Air Force, the Department of Defense and the Department of Energy. • Conducted ongoing research and development to attain new clients and knowledge, maintained and directed safety and health issues within the laboratory.
Environmental Science Corp Chemist
• Participated in the extraction and analysis of semi-volatile and volatile compounds from wastewater, drinking water, industrial water, surface water and ground waters to be tested on mass spectrometers and gas chromatographs, and to determine chemical and physical properties.
Hamilton County Schools Chemistry Consultant
Environmental Standards Quality Assurance Chemist II
• Mentored gifted elementary and middle school students to further enhance their general chemistry skills. • Designed and developed lesson plans and educational programs.
• Third-party data validation for CERCLA, RCRA, state and other federal regulatory programs. • Provided leadership expertise in developing the Data Quality Objectives
• Master of Science Degree – Environmental Policy and Management, Sustainability. American Military University, Charles Town, WV • Bachelor of Science Degree – General Science, Concentrations In Chemistry, Physics, and Biology. Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN • Associate of Science Degree – Medical Technology. Nashville State Community College, Nashville, TNPage 1 Page 2
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online