SITE DIRECTOR ST THOMAS’
Director of Design & Development
Introduction. ................................................ 1-2
About The Trust............................................ 3-6
About Essentia............................................. 7-8
Investing in World Class Facilities................ 9-12
The Role................................................... 13-24
Working at Essentia and GSTT.................. 25-26
Senior Leadership Team............................ 27-28
Application Process. ................................. 29-30
Candidate Brochure 102
Thank you for your interest in the Site Director post at Essentia.
Guy’s & St Thomas’ is one of the largest hospital trusts in the country, with around 17,000 staff, an annual turnover of more than £1.6 billion, and over 2.6 million patient contacts a year. Our hospitals have a long and proud history, dating back almost 900 years, and have been at the forefront of medical progress and innovation since they were founded. We continue to build on these traditions and have a reputation for clinical, teaching and research excellence. Essentia plays a crucial role on enabling the vast array of healthcare services provided by Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and other partner organisations. Responsible for non-clinical healthcare services, Essentia designs, builds and maintains healthcare infrastructure vital to the smooth running of healthcare services, encompassing everything from construction projects and healthcare planning to facilities management, housekeeping, transport and security. We employ around 1,700 people, and our vision is to provide the best service possible within the resources available, to be the estates, facilities and capital management provider of choice in south London and beyond, and to develop innovative approaches to improve the health estate.
The Site Director for St Thomas’ strategically directs all hard and soft facilities management (FM) services, and co-ordinates all capital projects, for the site. The role provides strategic leadership across the site and is a key member of the Essentia executive (senior leadership team). The role is highly autonomous, requiring interpretation of national policy and strategies, and involves the analysis, synthesis and regular communication of highly complex, sensitive and contentious information both within the Trust and with external stakeholder. The post-holder is accountable to the Trust for the direct delivery of many highly technical and professional services across the high-profile, iconic, high-footfall and technically complex St Thomas’ Site, with an operations budget of c. £47m. We are seeking an individual with a proven track record of leading best in class operational estates and facilities management services across large scale, complex, high-footfall estates portfolios. You with be an enthusiastic, inspiring and inclusive leader, with demonstrable experience of leading and motivating large scale teams from senior managers through to operational service delivery professionals. An aptitude and track record for driving continuous performance improvement of operational service delivery is also key. The role offers the opportunity to play a crucial role in leading high-quality services across one of the UK’s most complex healthcare portfolios, creating an environment that in turn will make a fantastic difference to so many.
Best wishes, Alastair Gourlay, Director of Essentia
Candidate Brochure 2
About the Trust
Guy’s and St Thomas’ is among the UK’s busiest and most successful NHS foundation
trusts. We provide a full range of hospital and community services for people in Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham, as well as specialist care for patients from further afield including cancer, renal, orthopaedic and cardiovascular services . Guy’s is home to the largest dental school in Europe and a £160 million Cancer Centre opened in 2016. As part of our commitment to provide care closer to home, in 2017 we also opened a cancer centre and a kidney treatment centre at Queen Mary’s Hospital in Sidcup. St Thomas’ has one of the largest critical care units in the UK and one of the busiest emergency departments in London. It is also home to Evelina London Children’s Hospital. Evelina London cares for local children in Lambeth and Southwark and provides specialist services across south east England
including cardiac, renal and critical care services. We lead a number of specialist service networks aiming to ensure children are treated locally where possible, but have access to specialist expertise when they need
Building Healthier Futures
it. Our community services include health visiting, school nursing and support for families of children with long-term conditions. The Duchess of Cambridge became the Patron of Evelina London in 2018.
Our Values to patients and staff drive everything we do
Our values have been developed in close collaboration with staff who strive to provide our patients with exceptional care every day.
Put patients first
Take pride in what we do
Strive to be the best
Act with integrity
Candidate Brochure 4
About the Trust continued
Our year in numbers 2018-2019
218,000 emergency and urgent care attendances
More than 796,000 patient contacts in community services
1.38 million outpatients
6,492 babies born
123,000 day cases
over £1.6 billion annual turnover
around 17,100 staff
2.6 million patient contacts
Our adult community services teams deliver care at the heart of the local communities we serve, working in partnership with GPs, local authorities and other healthcare and voluntary sector organisations. In 2019 we combined adult community services with acute medicine and therapy services to create Integrated Care, a new strategic
business unit. Working with our partners in Lambeth and Southwark, we are focusing on new ways of working to improve care for local patients.
We have a reputation for clinical excellence and high quality teaching and research. We are part of King’s Health Partners, one of six accredited UK Academic Health Sciences Centres. In partnership with King’s College London we have dedicated clinical research facilities and a National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Biomedical Research Centre.
Patients are at the heart of everything we do and we pride ourselves on ensuring the best possible patient experience as well as safe, high quality care. We are proud to have one of the lowest mortality rates in the NHS. Following a comprehensive Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection in 2019 we maintained our overall rating of ‘good’. Our adult community services achieved a rating of ‘outstanding’.
The commitment of our 17,100 staff is key to our success. We are one of the largest local employers and we aim to develop and support all our staff so they are able to deliver high quality, safe and efficient care. The 2018 NHS staff survey results show that we have one of the most engaged and motivated workforces in the NHS. We know this has a positive impact on the care provided to our patients. We have one of the most ambitious capital investment programmes anywhere in the NHS.
Candidate Brochure 6
Our vision is to provide the best service possible within the resources available, to be the estates, facilities and capital management provider of choice in south London and beyond, and to develop innovative approaches to improve the health estate.
Essentia provides in-house Estates, Facilities and Capital Management for Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundatioan Trust, as well as services for other local NHS providers in both the acute and community setting. The context within which Essentia works is changing, and at pace. There is an unprecedented appetite for collaboration between Trusts, within the Integrated Care System (ICS, formerly STP) and beyond, and growing interest in Essentia the organisation of choice for the successful management of high quality estates and facilities services.
Essentia strives to be a great place to work, grow and build a career.
THE ESSENTIA WAY
THE ESSENTIA WAY IS
The Essentia way is
Looking after each other
Doing it well
Candidate Brochure 8
INVESTMENT IN WORLD CLASS FACILITIES
Click photo to see NHS Guy’s and St.Thomas Cancer Centre information website
We have one of the most ambitious capital investment programmes anywhere in the NHS.
Most recently we have delivered the £160 million state of the art Cancer Centre at Guy’s Hospital.
The new Cancer Centre at Guy’s was designed by Award-winning architects Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners and specialist healthcare architect Stantec were chosen for their innovative design based around a series of ‘villages’ that give the 14-storey building a human scale
Candidate Brochure 10
Looking to the future we have a once in a generation opportunity to build a platform for sustainable future healthcare and develop world-leading healthcare, Biomedical and MedTech clusters in the heart of London
New MedTech Cluster by 2040
A Biomedical Cluster at our London Bridge site (including Guy’s Hospital) focused on advanced therapies, cellular medicine, cancer and biomedical sciences - building on the success of the Guy’s Cancer
Further capital investment in our
A MedTech Cluster at our Westminster Bridge
Centre and Guy’s Tower as centres for advanced therapies research.
community healthcare estate portfolio , thus enabling better integrated care for our communities, closer to where people live, by improving digital mobility of staff and diagnostic tools, encouraging people to manage their own health, and providing a network.
site (including St Thomas’s Hospital), building on the Trust’s existing strengths in emergency care, diagnostic imaging, paediatrics and
cardiovascular care and the University’s cardiovascular, imaging and healthcare engineering research.
LOOKING TO THE FUTURE PLANS
A c.£200m expansion of Evelina London Children’s Hospital, providing the full continuum of specialist care and delivering a comprehensive children’s hospital for London.
A partnership with Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust that will transform specialist cardiovascular care for London and the UK.
The Trust will plan and deliver an estate that will be fit for purpose for decades to come, by designing “shell and core” buildings which can adapt quickly and easily to different uses, so that we can refit them every 10-15 years, depending on our needs. This is not a one-off exercise, but a sustained strategy of investment and growth that is financially sustainable over the long-term. Healthcare is rapidly changing. In the future the treatments and technologies available to patients may be radically different. We need buildings that are designed with a degree of flexibility and future-proofing. We aim to treble the amount of space across our estate from the current 381,000 sqm to 1.1M sqm by 2050. Space not required by the Trust and King’s Health Partners will be available to research institutions and life science industry partners, including startups and SMEs. Co-location of these uses is central to the development of our MedTech and Biomedical Clusters model.
Candidate Brochure 12
Job Title Site Director, Essentia Responsible To Director of Operations, Essentia Responsible For All Essentia services on site
Salary Band 9
This is a new role which will be key to achieving Essentia’s strategic ambitions. It strategically directs all hard and soft facilities management (FM) services, and co-ordinates all capital projects, for the site. The role provides strategic leadership across the site, is a key member of the Essentia executive (senior leadership team).The role will attend the Trust Operations Executive, Trust Operational Board and Trust Management Executive as required and in some cases, on a regular basis. The role is highly autonomous, requiring interpretation of national policy and strategies, and involves the analysis, synthesis and regular communication of highly complex, sensitive and contentious information both within the Trust and with external stakeholders, where there are significant barriers to acceptance. The post-holder is accountable to the Trust for the direct delivery of a large number of highly technical and professional services. These services are large, tightly regulated and impact directly on all clinical services.
The Postholder: • Provides senior, strategic leadership to all Essentia services on site, including the teams responsible for the delivery of services to the Trust and other site based external partners and clients. Leads the engagement process with strategic stakeholders. • Leads the delivery of all hard and soft FM services, including line management responsibility and budgetary control for all aspects of hard and soft FM including lifecycle and backlog investment planning, with a particular focus on high quality customer services, the proactive introduction of cost and efficiency improvements, and procuring equipment and supplies. • Holds Trust-wide responsibility for all soft FM services on site which include catering, housekeeping, and other non-clinical services essential to the safe operation of acute and community healthcare services. The role holds prime responsibility for operating to relevant national and legal standards eg NHS Cleaning Standards, food hygiene regulations, COSHH and general health and safety. • Holds Trust-wide responsibility for all hard FM services which include engineering and building maintenance. The role holds prime responsibility for the 24/7 reactive service, the delivery of an annual Planned Preventive Maintenance plan with updates reflecting risks, management of backlog maintenance, management and control of contractors working on site (via Skyvisitor), and statutory compliance including permits, Construction (Design and Management) Regulations, and Safe Systems of Work. The role will act as the devolved responsible person with regard to compliance with the HTM’s and HBN’s for all aspects of engineering and infrastructure maintenance eg water, electricity, pressure vessels. • Has strategic responsibility for maintaining a compliant and safe working environment for all clinical operations, staff, patients and visitors. • Is responsible for promoting TOWOW and flexible working opportunities where appropriate. • Is responsible for all third party occupiers and ensuring they comply with the legal and contractual terms of their occupation, with a specific focus on those that relate to fire, health and safety. • Is responsible for fire compliance, risk management, evacuation and training. • Is responsible for the sustainability plan for the site in conjunction with the Trust’s Sustainability Manager and the wider Trust strategy, working with FM team and local champion’s network. This will include the management of energy and an annual plan for reduction in consumption.
Candidate Brochure 14
• Is responsible for the logistics, co-ordination and control of all contractors working on the site, including full co-ordination of the impact of capital projects, overseeing space management, redevelopment and change control, ensuring any project works are effectively and safely integrated into ‘business as usual’, disturbance minimized and stakeholders engaged. • Provides strategic leadership for ISO9001, Patient-Led Assessments of the Care Environment (PLACE) and CQC inspection for all services. Provides leadership to Health and Safety including attending the Trust Health & Safety Committee, TRAC (Trust Risk and Assurance Committee) and TICDAC (Trust Infection Control and Decontamination Assurance Committee). • Is responsible for maintaining good relations with staff side representatives, and union representatives to ensure any issues are dealt with locally and promptly, avoiding where possible escalation. Attend TJSC (Trust Joint Staff Committee) • Acts as a strategic partner to board level and executive leadership on site, as the key interface with senior stakeholders and customers in the delivery of an excellent operational service, supported by professional leads in the central team who set quality standards across the whole of Essentia. Provides effective, expert advice, overcoming barriers to understanding and acceptance. • Leads, develops and maintains high quality service delivery by driving forward the operational performance of Essentia through maintaining, and building on, the highest possible standards and developing a culture of continuous improvement.
Key Relationships • Essentia executive colleagues • Trust Strategic Business Unit leads • Trust Director(s) of Operations • Trust Chief and Deputy Chief Nurse • Other Trust executives and clinical directors • Senior stakeholders in external partners and suppliers • Capital Projects Team • Commercial Team • Essentia front line staff
Site Operations Budget Site Operations Employees
No of Essentia Sites
26 GSTT 70 NHSPS 14 Other
Candidate Brochure 16
Strategic Leadership • Lead, develop, implement and oversee strategic business plans for short, medium and long term configuration of operational services across the site and lead on the delivery of those plans. This would include the move towards the Trust operating on a consistent service basis every day of the week. • Strategically lead, develop and manage the delivery of non-clinical support services on site whilst driving up the quality of services provided within financial constraints, maintaining and building on high standard, responsive services. • Develop and maintain strong external strategic relationships with GSTT strategic partners, within KHP, across the ICS, and beyond, leading the engagement process with strategic stakeholders. • Develop and maintain strong working relationships with senior corporate and finance colleagues so that there are robust systems in place for on-going monitoring and effective tracking of multiple, complex, transformation and development plans. • Supported by the Director of Performance and Improvement, lead the transformation of operational services on site through implementing operational service standards driven through excellence in staff engagement and the use of performance data to drive improvement and compliance. • Supported by the Head of Investment and Resources and the Finance team, lead the planning of the annual budget provision for all site operational services reflecting business targets and service offerings with clearly delineated, auditable budgets and financial performance measures. • Keep the Directors of Essentia, Board of Directors, Trust Chief Operating and external partners and clients up to date with operational performance through regular and exception reporting, providing expert and specialist advice and guidance where expert opinion differs, and overcoming barriers to understanding and acceptance. Operational Management and Service Delivery • Create clear lines of accountability for service provision and performance and set clear and measurable strategic objectives for operations, in terms of financial, quality, safety and service targets. • Strategically manage external relationships, creating a positive, outwardly unified relationship between all Essentia services, especially engineering with projects and soft services. • Ensure that change plans are translated into embedded working practices which improve outcomes and support the delivery of services and achieve demonstrable value for money. 17 Site Director
• Through expert leadership, focus direct reports on performance and outcomes, ensuring that performance standards are achieved and instilled via a culture of continuous improvement, safety, innovation and value for money. • Ensure, through direct reports and their teams that Essentia operates safely, manages risk and delivers against all key performance targets for both the Trust and external clients, following expert analysis, synthesis and interpretation of complex data. • Embed a culture in which decisions are delegated to as near to where the service is delivered as possible. • Lead and develop teams to take greater ownership and accountability for their services and management of people and resources to improve them, their productivity and above all improve the patient experience. • Participate in the organisation’s operational and senior management duty rota, leading by example and ensuring that operational team colleagues also participate. • Ensure all strategic business units (SBUs) on site have a dedicated point of contact for all matters relating to Essentia and its services. • Work with site nursing leadership to ensure Essentia front-line staff remain integral members of the clinical teams and contribute positively to high-quality patient experience, safety and infection control. • Regularly undertake research activity including regular audits in relation to estates condition, legionella, asbestos surveys, and trials of new equipment across a range of services and functions. Report on the outputs of this research to the Board.
Candidate Brochure 18
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES CONTINUED
Financial Management • Strategically lead the maximisation of income achieved by site teams, while controlling expenditure and ensure that the individual services are financially viable, meet agreed budgets and cost saving targets. • Develop and deliver a strategic business and financial plan for site services that differentiates between services that require investment, cost reduction or maintenance. • Be accountable for the financial performance of all site operational areas against plan and actively forecast potential variations to budget. • Be responsible for providing operations business performance reporting to the Trust Board and to other Partners or clients: working with the Head of Investment and Resources to report via the corporate Governance channels. • Develop plans with the Commercial team (where appropriate) to maximise income generation from existing and potential site operations assets/capability. • Drive the delivery of cost targets via direct reports to achieve improved operational and process performance supported by comprehensive and robust data and reporting. • Ensure operational teams are managed to the Trust’s Standing Financial Instructions and ensure they are applied in all cases. In particular, contracts are to be managed with the highest standards of probity and good practice. Performance Management • Through expert leadership, drive a culture of high performance standards in hard and soft FM through effective management and monitoring across all areas via the use of operational plans and real time data and reporting using CAFM system, with agreed annual, quarterly and monthly targets. • Following expert analysis, synthesis and interpretation of complex data, ensure that business processes and capability are streamlined to maximise the benefits of working across varying service teams, where there are specific patient and cost benefits. • Analyse performance across the site in relation to performance targets and strategic objectives, developing strategies and business plans, providing advice in areas where expert opinion differs and where significant barriers to understanding and acceptance exist. • Focus all services on performance and outcomes for patients, ensuring that agreed performance standards are achieved and instilling a culture of continuous performance improvement, innovation and efficiency. Apply a similarly rigorous approach to the provision of service to Essentia external clients and partners, overcoming barriers that exist to understanding and acceptance.
• Monitor that all agreed operational targets and service level agreements in place with the Trust, partners and other clients are met, with specific emphasis on performance, quality and achieving best value. Put in place recovery plans where performance falls below agreed performance standards. • Ensure the effective monitoring and management of operational risk in site service teams and client sites and liaise with the Director of Performance and Improvement on risk management. Team Management • Ensure that team structures and individuals employed within the various services are organised to achieve maximum effectiveness in delivering Trust, SBU and Essentia objectives. • Develop and lead a team that will drive and support high performing business performance based on sound and relevant data. • Ensure that an effective performance management system operates for individuals at all levels. • Ensure that staff are effectively managed and developed within a performance appraisal framework including personal development plans, to ensure an efficient, engaged and highly motivated workforce. • Ensure that all site operations staff comply with Trust and Essentia policies and procedures. • Ensure compliance with all mandatory training and optimal completion of Trust/NHS staff surveys.
Candidate Brochure 20
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES CONTINUED
Leadership and Organisational Development • Actively promote good communication and employee engagement throughout the Essentia workforce, exemplifying the values and behaviours of the Trust and the Essentia Way. • Provide leadership to Essentia staff, encouraging ‘one team’ working and breaking down management barriers and divisions that have developed over time across Essentia. • Lead the reconfiguration of working practices and strategic resource levels required to achieve on going optimum flexibility in the workforce to service anticipated and existing business. • Play a lead role in developing and maintaining positive relationships and partnership working with staff side representatives. • Invest in the development of all directly accountable employees. • Develop relationships with technical colleges and universities to develop recruitment streams, apprentices and the training and development of people. • Ensure the implementation of consistent performance management for all employees. • Work with the Head of Investment and Resources and other colleagues in HR and Finance to ensure that workforce plans match and anticipate performance, service and activity levels. • Provide visible leadership to promote a fair and just culture that ensures that Essentia is responsive to the needs of diverse staff. • Contribute to talent management and succession planning across Essentia. Corporate Responsibilities • Be a key member of the team setting and delivering the long-term strategic estate development agenda for the Trust. • Deputise for the Director of Operations as required. • Represent Essentia at Trust level senior management meetings as required. • Represent Essentia and the Trust at ICS, Regional and National levels as and when required. • Actively promote and champion the equality, diversity and inclusion ambitions of the Trust and Essentia. • Contribute fully to Essentia corporate management and strategic development together with other executive colleagues as an active participant in the Executive Team and in presenting to the Board of Directors and external partners and customers. 21 Site Director
• Participate, and on occasion lead, negotiations with external providers and enhance the Essentia brand working in conjunction with other colleagues. • Participate in the performance management of Essentia at corporate level and act as the Executive lead regarding operational performance. • Take responsibility for the delivery of specific change and transformation projects on behalf of the Director of Essentia. Personal Development • Ensure that professional knowledge is continuously updated and training undertaken if appropriate. • Participate in an annual performance review process where objectives will be agreed, performance monitored and personal development needs discussed. Other • From time to time, to provide support to Essentia colleagues undertaking other duties as required, which are consistent with the grade and nature of the post. The role includes work on special projects as they arise. • Strict adherence to departmental health and safety regulations and requirements. • Any other duties appropriate to the role. • Requirement to work at any other site used by the Trust, partners or clients.
Candidate Brochure 22
Qualifications/Education MBA qualification, or equivalent professional qualification or experience.
Master’s degree, and additional in-depth professional training and knowledge of strategic management, financial management, performance management, staff management, legal requirements and regulatory processes to doctorate or equivalent level, acquired through training and experience over an extended period. Evidence of continued professional and managerial development.
Professional Registration Relevant professional registration.
Previous Experience Extensive experience of leading large and complex services and teams across a range of disciplines (in health care). Extensive record of delivering and meeting key operational and financial targets on a large and complex scale. Significant experience of formulating long term, organisation-wide strategic plans and development of projects resulting in positive value for money outcomes. Extensive, in-depth experience of organisation-wide policy and service development, interpreting legislative and other requirements. Significant, proven experience of leading and managing change to improve performance against KPIs. Knowledge Expert and extensive in-depth knowledge of the planning, scheduling and management of operational systems within a complex environment. Excellent understanding and specialist knowledge of the healthcare environment.
Skills & Abilities Knowledge and application of change management & organisational development tools and techniques, in a complex and challenging environment where barriers to understanding and acceptance exist. Highly developed communication skills, with ability to communicate highly complex information where exceptional influencing skills are required. Highly developed negotiating skills within complex, challenging and at times antagonistic environments. Highly developed and extensive leadership skills with the ability to enthuse, motivate and involve individuals and teams, and have them understand the Trust-wide and local performance expectations. Track record of effective engagement and partnership working with senior internal and external stakeholders. Ability to analyse, synthesise and interpret highly complex data, filtering and interpreting often conflicting information to identify and focus on issues to be addressed at a very senior level and develop Trust-wide policy. Intellectual flexibility with the ability to cut through ambiguity and complexity and to shape and implement a vision that looks beyond existing structures, ways of working, boundaries and organisations to produce more effective and innovative service delivery models. Independent self-starter, able to work with a high level of autonomy. Strong drive for performance and improvement. Proven strong written communication skills, in particular for complex drafting, and ability to produce & present effective business cases. Highly effective listening skills and the ability to build excellent interpersonal relationships across the site, with GSTT strategic partners, across KHP, the ICS and beyond. Sound political judgment and sensitivity when dealing with stakeholders at all levels, with a strong ability to influence where expert opinions differ. Additional Flexible and resilient approach, able to work under pressure. Team player, able to motivate and inspire. Commitment to the Essentia Way - working together, doing it well and looking after each other.
Candidate Brochure 24
WORKING FOR ESSENTIA AND GSTT
Health, wellness & recreation
At Guy’s and St Thomas’ you’ll be surrounded by an exceptional team of supportive colleagues. Their skill, passion and pride in what they do will inspire you and their encouragement will give you confidence. Our staff surveys tell us that people enjoy working here. We consistently feature as one of the top trusts in the country to work for and are proud to have the Investors in People Gold Standard. As a member of Essentia and GSTT staff, you’ll be provided with a competitive salary and pension scheme, generous annual leave, excellent training and development opportunities as well as numerous other attractive benefits to help actively encourage a positive, diverse, healthy and family friendly culture in our workplace.
• Access to staff gym at St Thomas’ Hospital and a 25m swimming pool at Guy’s Hospital • A comprehensive staff health and well-being programme, ‘5 ways to a healthier YOU’ • Employee assistance programme • Free staff counselling service • Sleepio programme • Free eye tests • Free stop smoking service • Free access to physiotherapy • Access to weight management programme • Headspace app • Weight Management Programme • Happier@Work Programme • On-site cinemas for patients and staff Total benefits worth c. £750
• Life Insurance Cover • Ill Health Severance Cover • Company Pension
• 27 days (plus bank holidays) when you start • 29 days (plus bank holidays) after five years service • 33 days (plus bank holidays) after 10 years service • Plus the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave each year
Contribution (14.3% employer contribution)
• Season ticket loans • Salary sacrifice schemes Total benefits worth between £14,000 to £18,000 depending on salary level
25 Programme Director Director of Performance & Improvement
Education, training and development support
• Leaders at Essentia are eligible to undertake the Level 7 MA Senior Leader Masters Degree Apprenticeship (SLMDA) delivered by Pearson Business School accredited by the University of Kent (T&Cs apply) Total benefit worth c. £18,000 for term of course
• Subsidised on-site nursery • Childcare vouchers • Flexible working policy • Support for carers
• Access to the Thomas Guy sports and social club • Fundraising and volunteering opportunities with the Guys’ and St Thomas’ Charities
GSTT has an active commitment to equality and diversity, welcoming people of all backgrounds, nationalities and religions. We are recognised as a healthcare leader by Stonewall and the Trust is a disability confident employer.
Further information working at GSTT can be viewed here.
Candidate Brochure 26 Brochure 26
Director of Essentia
Director of Operations (Supported by Site Directors)
Director of Performance & Improvement
• Site based soft FM Management • Site based hard FM Management
Director of Estate Development
• Employee Engagement • Statutory Compliance + Health & Safety • Disability Discrimination • Operational Contracts Management • Customer Service / Telephony • Internal and External Customer Relationships • Operational Services Contracts • Backlog & Minor Works Management • Setting standards and policy for Hard and Soft FM • Sustainability • Fire Safety Management
• Data collection & reporting • Quality Standards • Operational Financial Management • Workforce & Essentia Academy • Business Planning • Improvement & Efficiency Programme’ • Risk Management & QA • ERIC and Model Hospital returns and analytics • Procurement (incl Capital Procurement) • ISO accreditation
• Adaptable Estate Design Standards • Contractor/Developer Partnerships • Private sector financing • Adaptable Estate Delivery Management • Commercial & Legal Negotiation with Developers • Tenant Procurement & Negotiation
Asset Management Director
• Project Planning oversight • Governance and Oversight • Capital and Operational Interdependencies • Capital Programme monitoring • External relationships monitoring/ management • Administrative Management and agenda planning • Strategic capital /
Director of Design & Development
• Estate Strategy Development • Strategic planning of healthcare estate • Property and Asset Management • Space Management • Commercial management of assets • Landlord and tenant relationships • Planning approval
• Technical Design
Standards for capital projects • Strategic and functional planning • Design Management • Fit-out ·Contractor Management • Commissioning & Handover • Technical Supervision • Infrastructure Design and Planning • Internal & Public Stakeholder Engagement • Programme Office & Resource pool (capital)
oversight and benefits realization reporting
management (decision making) • Corporate support & risk management
Candidate Brochure 28
Essentia is being supported on this recruitment campaign by the search consultancy The Management Recruitment Group
To arrange a confidential briefing conversation please contact our advisors
Michael Hewlett firstname.lastname@example.org and Sian Gardiner email@example.com of MRG on 0203 962 9900
Applications should consist of a comprehensive CV of not more than 4 pages and a covering letter of not more than 2 pages Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 24th May 2020.
Candidate Brochure 30Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18 Page 19 Page 20 Page 21 Page 22 Page 23 Page 24 Page 25 Page 26 Page 27 Page 28 Page 29 Page 30 Page 31 Page 32 Page 33 Page 34
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online