Discover Student membership and transform your career
Welcome to the CIPD
Welcome to the CIPD – the professional body for HR and people development. By becoming a CIPD Student member, you’ll join a community of more than 150,000 HR and L&D professionals who are committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years. But as the future of work unfolds, it will be your professional knowledge and understanding that will help people find the best opportunities to develop their skills and careers, and ensure that the way work is constructed, managed and experienced benefits individuals, business, and ultimately economies and society as a whole. By studying for a professional qualification, you’re demonstrating your commitment to taking that challenge seriously. And by joining the CIPD, you’ll find yourself a career partner to support you every step of the way.
Welcome and good luck in your studies.
Peter Cheese Chartered FCIPD Chief Executive, CIPD
Achieve your full potential
As your career partner, we promise to support, empower and inspire you during your studies and throughout your career in HR or L&D. At the start of your CIPD Certificate or Diploma, you’ll need to join us as a Student member , where you’ll get instant access to a range of HR and L&D resources and benefits that are essential to study success. • Keep on top of industry updates and trends (page 4–5 ) Get exclusive access to the CIPD’s practical employment law information, factsheets and guides plus expert research, surveys and policy reports. • Connect with like-minded professionals (page 6) Widen your network and learn from other HR and L&D professionals through our online community forums and at the many CIPD events organised across Asia and internationally. • Save yourself money (page 7) Save 20% on your CIPD textbooks and get preferential rates on CIPD products and services. • Leverage our useful career tools (page 8–9) Keep your career on the right track with exclusive resources and tools that help you make the most of job opportunities and manage your professional development. • Raise your professional credibility (page 10–11) You’ll be upgraded to Associate member with the designation of ‘Assoc CIPD’ after your name when you successfully complete your CIPD Certificate or Diploma. This accreditation will instantly put you in demand with employers and enhance your promotion and salary prospects due to the prestige associated with a CIPD badge.
‘I would highly recommend the CIPD membership to all professionals.’ Maya Mazloum, L&D Professional and Student Member
Give yourself an advantage Join us today, it’s quick and easy.
Keep on top of industry updates and trends ‘ As a CIPD Student
CIPD Student Hub – For all your study needs The world of work is changing fast, so it’s important to keep up to date with the latest thinking. As a Student member you’ll have exclusive access to the largest collection of online HR and L&D resources in the world. Whether you’re doing research for assessments, preparing for exams or involved in a project at work, we have just what you need, when you need it, 24/7. You can access all of the following online in our dedicated Student resources hub. • Factsheets, topic summaries and guides – get an overview of any HR or L&D topic. • Study factsheets – tips for study, preparing for exams and assignments. • Online journals (EBSCO Discovery Service) – over 270 HR, business and training journals. • Research – in-depth analysis and case studies on current HR and L&D issues.
member, I value updates on the latest HR topics from around the world.’ Azral Bin-Azlee, Student member
• Surveys – current data and analysis on topical HR issues and people management themes. • Asia-specific HR news - available online through bulletins, keep up to date on what’s happening in the industry. • Surveys – current data and analysis on topical HR issues and people management themes. • Podcasts – interviews with top HR, L&D and business leaders. • Student FAQ’s – useful information for before, during and post studies. • People Management – award-winning magazine with the latest HR and L&D news. Also available online and as an app. • CIPD Update and In a nutshell... – emails with the latest news, jobs and roundup of the best HR and L&D thinking. • CIPD Student newsletter – written exclusively for Student members, it covers news relevant to your studies and career.
Latest news and jobs
Online journals ( EBSCO Discovery Service )
Connect with other like-minded professionals
Expand your network Tap into a growing and vibrant membership base, including 30,000 CIPD Student members and a wider community of 150,000 HR and L&D professionals internationally. You’ll discover there are numerous great opportunities to make valuable contacts and learn from the experiences of others.
• CIPD’s Community Join in the discussion, ask questions and network online. You can also download our app for access on the go. • CIPD conferences and exhibitions Attend these events for inspiration and to share ideas. As a Student member, you’ll benefit from a reduced fee, and our exhibitions are free to attend.
• CIPD social media channels Make connections and discover other people’s opinions on what’s going on in HR and L&D right now.
‘Being a CIPD member means that I’m part of a professional network that makes me feel valued and drives me to achieve.’
• CIPD student network Join the vibrant community of
CIPD students at events, seminars and webinars and gain access to other HR conferences through our partners.
Manreet Harish Assoc CIPD (former Student member)
Follow @CIPDASIA and @CIPDSTUDENTS
Like our page FACEBOOK.COM/CIPDASIA
Save yourself money As a Student member, save 20% on all your CIPD textbooks when purchased through our bookshop, at Kogan Page.
You’ll have complimentary access to some of the world’s most influential business and management online magazines. You’ll also receive preferential rates on CIPD products and services , including our conferences, training and events.
The sooner you join, the more you’ll save!
Leverage our useful career tools
Career guidance Everybody needs a guide. Whether you’re stuck in your role, planning a career break, entering the profession or considering your options, a guide will navigate you through the choices and challenges you face along the way. We’ve compiled a suite of information, tools and resources to help you achieve your career goals – no matter what they are, no matter where you are.
• Excelling in your current role – Three ways to progress in your current role. • Transitioning into the profession – Examples of successful transitions into the people profession. • How to manage a career break – Five top tips to maintain your employability and return to work with confidence. • Back-to-work support – Resources to help support those returning to work after a period of absence. • Our dedicated Career Hub – A CIPD member-only support resource packed full of the latest, regularly-updated career- based learning and support. • My CPD Map – An invaluable online tool that enables you to clearly identify your strengths and areas for development against the standards on the 2013 CIPD Profession Map.
Discover great HR and L&D
The CIPD Profession Map
The new Profession Map sets the international benchmark for the people profession. Use it to make better decisions, act with confidence, perform at your peak, drive change in your organisation and progress in your career. No matter who you are in the profession, whether you’re a CIPD member or not, the new Profession Map is relevant to you.
‘The new Profession Map reminds us that the people profession is greater than just the job we are each doing right now and reminds us that we have the power to shape the experience of every single person in a job.’ Chartered Member
Raise your professional credibility
Develop a first-class career
‘I wish to become a professional member of the CIPD someday and a CIPD qualification will help me achieve that.’ Aisha Moosa, Student member
When you successfully complete your CIPD qualification, you’ll be automatically upgraded to Associate member.
CIPD Associate membership:
• is a mark of professionalism • gives you status, relevance and a competitive edge in the job market • entitles you to use the letters Assoc CIPD after your name. It’s something you can be proud of. Together with your CIPD qualification, professional membership will enhance your career prospects and earning potential, inspire confidence in your employer and give you credibility in the workplace.
‘Being a CIPD member has given me more presence and confidence in my L&D role. Through this membership, I have gained knowledge which has helped me better understand and assess training needs.’ Javier Ramirez, L&D Professional and Student Member
If you’re studying the CIPD Advanced Level Diploma, upon successful completion you can apply for Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow status (subject to eligibility), and use the designatory letters Chartered MCIPD or Chartered FCIPD after your name. Achieving Chartered membership status demonstrates to employers, clients and peers that you have the knowledge and experience to create an impact in the workplace and make a difference to the organisation’s strategy and people.
What do the membership levels mean?
At this level you are typically using your professional expertise to deliver short to medium-term value for organisations and the people in them. Associate member Assoc CIPD
At this level you are typically using your professional expertise to deliver medium to long-term value for organisations and the people in them. Your work is likely to be operational in nature, with a strategic overview. Chartered Member Chartered MCIPD
At this level you’re typically shifting collective mindsets to create organisations that value people, and using your professional expertise to deliver long-term value for the profession. Chartered Fellow Chartered FCIPD
Become a CIPD Student member today Join online CIPD.ASIA/STUDENTMEMBERSHIP Access resources for study and career success CIPD.ASIA/CIPD-STUDENTS View our member benefits CIPD.ASIA/CIPD-BENEFITS Contact us Call +65 6338 4528
CIPD 151 The Broadway, London SW19 1JQ, UK T +44 (0)20 8612 6200 E email@example.com W cipd.co.uk
CIPD Ireland A3 The Locks Charlotte Quay Dock Dublin 4, Ireland T +353 1 678 0090 E firstname.lastname@example.org W cipd.ie
CIPD Middle East FZ LLC Office 3, Ground Floor, Block 2B, Dubai Knowledge Park, Dubai, UAE PO Box 503231 T +971 (0) 4 275 6900 E email@example.com W cipd.ae
CIPD Asia Ltd 39 Robinson Road #17-01 Singapore 068911 T +65 6338 4528 E firstname.lastname@example.org W cipd.asia Registered in Singapore (201401681N) © Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development 2020 Issued: September 2020 Reference: 8059Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online