Medlin Law Firm April 2018


Why You Should Consider Investing in a Family Garden

COLLABORATION Gardening gives your family a chance to collaborate. When you’re stuck inside for long periods, you may be spending time together, but it’s usually not quality time. Working in a group to create and maintain a garden is a hands-on experience for everyone. It’s a chance to get the whole family involved with a single project, and you can literally share the fruits of your labor. DECIDING ON PLANTS When it comes to deciding which plants you want in your garden, there are many variables to consider. Do you want to grow edible plants, ones that have magnificent blossoms, or ones that are easy to care for? Flowers are a good start if you want a plant that grows a little faster; plus, they lend a pop of color to your garden. Growing vegetables is also rewarding, as the kids will take great pleasure in eating what they’ve grown. Other possibilities include sunflowers, blackberries, peas, and lettuce. You might be surprised at how willingly children eat their greens when they’ve had a hand in growing them.

A fter spending a winter cooped up inside with your family, there might be a little tension between everyone. Fortunately, it’s spring, and the warm weather, melting snow, and blooming flowers offer a good way to ease restlessness. This season, why not bring your family closer together by starting a family garden? A LEARNING EXPERIENCE Nearly every step in the gardening process can be a learning experience for kids and parents alike. Begin by discussing where you should start and why, what supplies you’ll need, and the types of plants you wan t to grow. Gardening also offers opportunities to learn about science, ecology, and nutrition.

Family gardens can bring something new and fresh to your home. So, get outside, enjoy the sun, and discover the joys of plants and gardening.

MOTION FOR NONDISCLOSURE Free Report You do not have to live with a DWI or other misdemeanor on your record, which is available to the public, prospective employers, and others.

or record of probation, deferred adjudication or not, to be sealed from public view and not disclosed in a background check. There is a limitation in that law enforcement maintains the record and can use it against you if you get in trouble again in the future. Also, if you apply for certain state licensing or governmental jobs, the record may be disclosed to the applicable governmental agency. The motion must be filed in the court where the conviction or probation occurred. There are court costs which must be paid to file the motion, which can range from about $275–$400. There are many requirements and legal technicalities which must be met, so it is important to hire a firm. The Medlin Law Firm has the expertise and knowledge to file your motion and have it swiftly and successfully granted. We offer a money-back guarantee if we cannot get your motion granted. We charge a very reasonable and fair fee to file and get your motion granted; if we are not successful, we will even refund our attorney’s fees. The court costs, however, cannot be refunded. Use the link on our webpage to complete your information and request help with sealing your record. Or call The Medlin Law Firm today at 817-900-6000.

A new law went into effect in Texas in September 2017 allowing you, with certain exceptions, to seal first-time DWI and other misdemeanor convictions and probation records from public view. This allows you to legally say the arrest and conviction never happened. And when prospective employers and others do a background check, the arrest and conviction or probation record will not show up on your record. Imagine how dramatically this can improve your future. You won’t be at a disadvantage in your search for jobs or advancement in your work when compared to others with no criminal history. You won’t be prevented from coaching, working with children, volunteering at your kid’s schools, or so many other things you may want to be involved in. All this time, you thought you would forever be saddled with this one blemish on your otherwise clean record. Now, within months, your clean record can be restored. This can be accomplished through the filing of a Motion for Nondisclosure, sometimes called a Motion to Seal. The granting of this motion will cause the records of your prior arrest and conviction | Pg. 2

Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs