The MONTHLY Smile
20 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT DR. PATTI
6. My first car was a rusty, beige Chevrolet Chevette.
One of the most rewarding parts about being a dentist, aside from the clinical aspect, is getting to know our patients. Every person has a story: unique facts and experiences that create the tapestry of a person’s life. I find those details fascinating!
7. My first job was working in my brother’s flower shop. I took orders, ran the register, and made deliveries.
8. I was a founding member of my sorority chapter at Marquette University — Alpha Chi Omega.
9. I worked as a dental assistant to help pay my way through college. My undergraduate degree was in dental hygiene. That degree allowed me to work as a hygienist throughout dental school. 10. I went to law school briefly after dental school. My thought was that I would go into medical legal defense, but I quickly realized I’d rather be in a dental office than a courtroom. 11. I have run the Tough Mudder race twice. As the name implies, there’s a lot of dirt. And water. The first time, I ran it on one of the coldest days of the year. It was miserable. The second time around was a much better day. I ran it again because a friend and her husband asked me to do it with them. For the record, there are no more Tough Mudders in my future. I’ve officially crossed it off the list.
Oftentimes, when you come into the office, we only have a few minutes to talk and connect. So this month, I thought it would be fun to do something a little different. I’m sharing 20 little- known facts about me. My hope is that, in sharing these, it will inspire you to come up with a few of your own fun facts to share the next time you come into the office! 1. I grew up in Oostburg, Wisconsin, a small town located between Milwaukee and Green Bay. Yes. It was cold.
12. I love classic rock. The ringtone on my phone is “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll” by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.
13. My favorite candy is Swedish Fish. I always brush afterwards!
14. I am a hopeless softie when the kids ask for a pet. I would always say, “Okay, we’ll just go look.” I’ve since learned I can’t “just look.” Inevitably, we always come home with a new pet. As a result, we’ve had a turtle, a fish, hermit crabs, a guinea pig, and a sugar glider. That’s in addition to our two dogs. 15. I make a mean chocolate pecan pie. It’s become famous around these parts. (I’m sharing the recipe — be sure to check inside this issue!)
2. I have four older brothers. They teased me a lot growing up, but it made me tougher in the long run. #tomboy
3. My middle name is June. The name is in honor of my Aunt June, my mom’s sister.
4. Growing up, I played basketball and volleyball, and I ran track.
5. For 20 years, I held the record at my high school for the 300 meter hurdles and the mile relay.
CONTINUED ON PAGE 3 ...
Lake Oconee Dentistry | Personalized & Comfortable | 1
Made with <A HREF="https://flippingbook.com/online-flipbook" TITLE="Learn about Creating Flipbooks with FlippingBook">FlippingBook</A> flipbook maker