Recipe: Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Source: Virginia Cooperative Extension Buzz Body and Bites Newsletter
3 medium sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
Black pepper to taste
1. Rinse the sweet potatoes.
2. Place the sweet potatoes in a microwave - safe bowl with a little bit of water.
3. Cook the sweet potatoes in the microwave for 6 minutes, turning them halfway through. Check for doneness by inserting a fork.
4. Slice the sweet potatoes lengthwise, and scoop out the filling into a mixing bowl.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
6. Place in a nice serving bowl, and sprinkle with a little cinnamon to garnish.
Recipe Notes: Sweet potatoes promote a healthy heart, digestive tract, and vision!
Page 16 | February, 2021
Made with FlippingBook Online newsletter