Welcome to the Placement and Graduate Jobs Fair
NTU’s Employability Team welcomes you to the Jobs Fair. Below are some helpful tips on how to make the most of the fair.
Check the stand map and organisation entries in this guide
• Review the list of organisations and make a plan. If a stand is busy, move on and come back. • Use the notes sections to write any details about the companies/individuals.
Walk confidently and smile
• Carry yourself with confidence. • Be the first to extend your hand, which shows eagerness to interact. • Remember eye contact and body language are important, so try to avoid any negative body language, such as folding your arms.
Listen carefully and show interest
• You are primarily here to obtain a job and information. • Ask open-ended questions (using terms like how, what, why, where, when...). • Show genuine interest and get their opinion on any issues you may encounter during the application process.
Try not to spend too much time with one organisation
• If appropriate, suggest a follow-up activity such as LinkedIn, email or a phone call and move on. • Remember to thank them and say goodbye before leaving.
Keep realistic expectations
• Remember these recruiters have live vacancies and are interested in filling them! • You are here to impress, make connections and gather useful information to support your immediate or future applications. • NTU’s Employability Team are here to support you – come and say hello and find out how we can help you over the next few months and three years after you graduate .
Need more details? For our full fair e-guide, including details of all of the employers attending, visit:
Made with FlippingBook Online newsletter