Resources for Victims of Substance Impaired Driving

Assistance for Finding Work

Often after a crash, victims and survivors may not be able to work for a period of time. Sometimes

after a short period of time they can go back to work at their old job, sometimes they are unable to return to work, or lose their position at their current job.

There may be financial assistance that can help pay for education to enter a new career.

It’s important to be able to explore options available to enter a new career or find a job in your old career. Vocational Rehabilitation An injured victim and survivor can contact their state and local vocational rehabilitation office to inquire about assistance related to employment options for people with disabilities and injuries. Vocational Rehabilitation (VR), a state- supported division of services, assists individuals with disabilities and injuries who are pursuing meaningful careers. VR assists individuals with getting back to work by providing local job searches, self- employment, telecommuting and educational opportunities. Sometimes they will pay for certain expenses to help get people back to work. To find a state-by-state listing, go to org_list.cfm?category_cd=SVR . The U.S. Department of Labor also provides services to help people find work. They offer assessments, job listings, and a list of workers’ rights at .

Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online