Resources for Victims of Substance Impaired Driving

a period of time. Victims and survivors can contact their utility provider to see if they have an assistance program for people who may be behind on their bills. Often the assistance will come in the form of a reduced bill or payment plan. This is a good avenue for electricity, water, gas, and phone. Food Assistance There are many programs available for people in need of food assistance. Most communities will have some options available, which may include a long term need. • Victims and survivors can contact their local food bank. • Some churches or even grocery stores in an area may give away food on specific days of the week or for holidays. • State food assistance may be available for households and individuals that qualify. Visit . Housing Assistance When a victim and survivor is unable to get to work and has lost wages, it can be difficult or even impossible for them to make ends meet. Families or individuals at risk for losing their home may be able to find help through emergency assistance programs. For rental or

mortgage assistance, check with the local housing authority, or to the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), at . Often,

Reaching out for assistance as soon as you can may make a difference in your long term success.


Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online