LIFE WITHOUT BACK PAIN Can You
Imagine How Awesome It Would Be?
StaffSpotlight SCOTT MILLER B.A. (Kinesiology), CSCS, CAT(C), C.Ac. Scott graduated from the University of Winnipeg whereheearnedaBachelorofArts inKinesiology and Applied Health. Scott is actively involved with the sporting community in Manitoba. With his experience in various sports, Scott is adept at assessing and rehabilitating injuries because he understands the various forces and trauma that can be placed on an athlete in practice and game situations. With Scott’s knowledge of physical conditioning, he is able to not only rehabilitate injuries but prevent them as well. Through strength training programs, Scott
strengthens athletes muscles in a sport specific manner, which decreases the likelihood of injury because the athlete is properly conditioned for their specific sport. Scott is also certified in acupuncture.
“Will I Ever Improve My Performance Without Back Pain? ” FINDING THE SOURCE & PAIN RELIEF FROM YOUR BACK PAIN
Is back pain causing you to move a little slower and more cautiously? If left untreated, chronic back pain can lead to long-term spinal joint and possibly nerve damage. Back pain is one of the most common physical complaints thatpeoplesuffer fromandmore than80%of theUSpopulation will experience back pain at some point in their lifetime. Back pain can interfere with your ability to bend, kneel, lift, reach, do work and enjoy time with your family. Not to mention, it can make you down right irritable and affect others around you. Why do I have Back Pain? Backpainoccurs foranumberofreasons,buthasa fewsimplerootcauses: • Weakness in the spinal and core muscles of the trunk • Poor posture and strain on the spine with slouched sitting • Repetitive injury to muscles and tissues around the spine with poor lifting • Limited flexibility of the spine, hips and muscles of the thighs • Poor coordination of the abdominal, pelvic and back muscles Most people don’t seek treatment soon enough and continue to suffer with a nagging ache or pain in their back. They may even feel symptoms travel to the buttocks and legs. Many people feel that not much can be done for back pain and use medication to numb the pain to get through the day. Solutions to Back Pain Treating back pain starts with determining the true cause. A thorough evaluation of your movement, strength, posture and joint mobility can tell a lot about the true origins of your pain. Only then, can the proper plan be formulated togetyououtofpainquicklyandback to theactivitiesyou love. Whether you just tweaked your back or have been suffering for a long time, seeing one of our spine specialists can help you return to a more active and pain-free life.
HowShouldITakeCareOfMyBack? ExercisesToHelpReduceBackPain RunningPainFreeWorkshop
Attention Pain Sufferers! Running Pain Free Workshop Reveals How to Naturally Reduce Pain.
• Do you suffer with back pain or leg pain when you stand or walk? • Do you have pain when you stretch before running? • Do you experience pain, numbness or tingling into your butt, groin or down your leg? • Does your back ever “go out” if you move the wrong way? • Are you afraid your pain will get worse if you don’t do anything about it? If you said yes, you need to come to our
Running Pain Free Workshop at NRG Athletes Therapy Fitness Inc. on Tuesday May 23, 2017 at 6:30-7:30 pm.
Do you, or someone you know, suffer from any pain when running? Then check out our upcoming Running Pain Free Workshop scheduled for May 23rd, 2017 at 6:30-7:30 pm in our clinic. What you will learn; 1. The common mistake pain sufferers make which actually stops them from healing… 2. The 3 most common causes of pain while running… 3. How a problem in your back can cause pain, numbness or tingling in your leg…
Seats are limited so call to register today! 204-783-9578
• Motor vehicle accidents (MPI) • Surgical/fracture rehab • Sprains and strains • Neck and low back pain • TMJ and other facial pain disorders • Postural dysfunction • Repetitive strain injuries • Back strengthening/ “core” stability programs • Arthritic and other rheumatoid conditions • Osteoporosis • Changes due to aging (e.g. falls)
Physiotherapy isaprimaryhealthcare profession dedicated to evaluating, restoring, and/or enhancing physical function and independence. After going through a detailed assessment, your physiotherapist will set up a treatment that may include the use of modalities (ultrasound, IFC, etc.), manual therapy, massage, exercise prescription,andeducationaboutyour condition.Asapatient,youcanexpect to play an active role in the course of your rehabilitation. Who can benefit from physiotherapy services? • Sports Injuries • Work rehab injury (WCB)
• PHYSIOTHERAPY • ATHLETIC THERAPY • MASSAGE THERAPY • ACUPUNCTURE • IMPACT CONCUSSION TESTING
• SEMI-PRIVATE (YOUTH & ADULT) TRAINING • RAPIDSHOT TRAINING • TEAM TRAINING • FITLIGHT TRAINER
• Is your mind on your back and neck pain instead of your life? • Have loved ones stopped listening to your complaints because they have heard it so many times before? • Do you feel really stiff when you try to get out of bed in the morning? • Do you have to think twice before you pick things up? If You’re Nodding Yes Then Now is The Time to Make Your First Step in The Right Direction and Take Charge of How You Feel. DOWNLOAD THIS eBOOK TODAY! “We’ve put this Free Report together that shows you the 5 ways that can help reduce your neck & back pain.” After treating hundreds of patients with back and neck problems, I want to share with you these 5 simple things you can do at home, to start feeling great.
Patient Success Spotlight
I’ve consistently been getting better and better!
“I’vebeengoingtoNRGfor3yearsnowdoingstrengthandconditioning and I’ve consistently been getting better and better. NRG has helped me get to the next level every year and I have nothing but good things to say about NRG!” -Cody G. CALL TODAY TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT! 204.783.9578
Exercises to help reduce back pain Try this movement if you are experiencing back pain.
LOWER TRUNK ROTATIONS Lying on your back with your knees bent, gently rock your knees side- to-side. Repeat 8 times on both sides. Loosens Low Back www.simpleset.net
GET IT INSTANTLY AT: www.spinebok.net/nrgathletes
www.nrgathletes.caPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker