CLS Holdings Plc
Property Manager Candidate Information Pack
2. CLS Holdings Plc
3. The Portfolio - Key Assets
4. Further Portfolio
4. Job Description
5. Application Process and Timescales
Thank you for taking the opportunity to consider applying for the role of Property Manager at CLSH Management (CLS) - part of the CLS Holdings Plc Group. CLS are a FTSE 250 Property Investment Company with assets in the UK and wider Europe. Having invested in predominately office assets in London and the South East, CLS currently own a portfolio with an value of £1.8bn. CLS provide Asset, Property & Facilities Management services in house to ensure that consistent and proactive management across the portfolio. This service is vital in order to ensure cohesive working relationships with the tenant base which in excess of 700. CLS require a Property Manager to join the team to ensure that the portfolio operates at its very best, offering an exceptional working relationship with tenants. The Property Manager works closely with the in house Asset & Facilities Management team to ensure the smooth running of the portfolio and in order to create a satisfactory return to investors.
CLS Holdings are a FTSE 250 pan-European real estate investment and asset management company which has been listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange since 1994.
CLS currently invest in the UK, France and Germany.
The UK portfolio of 72 properties is currently valued at £934.0m and represents 52% of the Group’s property interests. The annualised contracted rental income is £54.4m over 217 tenants. The CLS Property Management Team has 30 Multi Let properties with £10m of service charges and £6m of capital expenditure under management (2018). The Group is in a period of growth aiming to reach a portfolio value of £2bn by acquisition of multi let assets in its core markets. The proactive Property Management team is further supported by in house Asset, Facilities, Development, Sustainability, Legal, Treasury, Tax, and Finance specialisms to ensure sufficient resources to enable quick and accurate decision making that supports the strategic direction of an asset, the portfolio, and wider Group.
EXAMPLES OF UK PORTFOLIO
With 72 assets under management, CLS have a national portfolio of predominately office assets with a empashis on building throughout London and the South East:
Sample Buildings that CLS own and manage:
Westminster Tower, 3 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7SP
c48,000 sq ft office building over Ground with basement storage and courtyard parking for 18 cars
16 individual tenants
Spring Mews, London, SE11 5AL
Mixed use estate including, 378 en-suite student bedrooms with associated common facilities to include a pool, gym and courtyard amenity space, 93 bed suite hotel and 12,436 sq ft of office units. Currently working with development team who are finalis- ing the build of 16 Tinworth Street which will include office and residential accommodation.
Hygeia, Harrow, HA1 1BE
72,726 sq ft 6 storey office building with internal atrium and 10 levels of car parking below
12 individual tenants
Working with M&E consultant regarding HVAC system and required work to improve the service delivery across the floors.
Great West House, Brentford
152,004 sq ft office building on a site of 3.2 acres includes two highly prominent buildings of 17 and 11 storeys with car parking, on site gym and restaurant
Over 20 tenants occupying between c700 sq ft and c30,000 sq ft as well as a business centre
Working with the Asset Manager to deliver a refurbished café, reception area and external improvements.
Chancery House, Sutton, SM1 1JB
Purpose built office building on 8 floors totalling 55,242 sq ft
Working with the Asset Manager to provide new refurbished reception area. Currently overseeing lift refurbishment of the 3 lifts at the property.
Reflex, Bracknell, RG12 1HL
Office building with on-site gym and cafeteria of 103,405 sq ft
Recent project included working with the Sustainability Team to deliver PV panels on the roof.
SPECIFIC EXAMPLES OF PROPERTY MANAGEMENT ACTIVITY
CI Tower New Malden
Size 82,000 sq ft
£700,000 SC (£8.43psf)
All projects below have been led by the Property Management Function and include: • Design brief in consultation with Asset, Sustainability, & Facilities Managers and Directors where applicable • Appointment of Professional Teams • Appointment of solicitors to draft appointments, contracts, warranties. Selection of Contract Type – Traditional or D&B most commonly used. • Agreement of site logistics and preliminaries (with the FM) • Review Tender Specifications, Agreement of Tender Lists, Tender Reviews, Contractor Appointment • Submit for Board Approval • Project and Budget Management, incl accounting for SC recovery and Tenant Liaison • Agreement of Final Account
KINGS HOUSE , BROMLEY
Built 1920’s, extended and modernised 1980’s. Acquired 2013. Ground Floor retail (3,219 sq ft), 3 floor of office (20,718 sq ft)
PM Team lead the Due Diligence and identified value opportunities.
• Largest tenant lease renewed in 2017 and a higher rent was achieved.
RECENT ACQUISITIONS - 2018
The CLS Property Management team play a major part in the Due Diligence Process.
• Harman House, Uxbridge
Purchase price £50m.
Harman House is a nine-storey landmark office building in the centre of Uxbridge providing tenants with a fully refurbished Grade A building, with excellent amenities and transport links, and a 1:370 car parking ratio.
Harman House was comprehensively refurbished in 2014/15 to include a newly reconfigured reception area, as well as improved common parts and external areas.
401 King Street, Hammersmith
Purchase price £15,220,000.
The property occupies a 0.45 acre (0.18 hectare) site and comprises a three-storey red brick clad retail and office building constructed in 1983.
This building was completely refurbished in 2009.
JOB DESCRIPTION - PROPERTY MANAGER
Vauxhall, London (Zone 1/2)
Reporting to: The Senior Property Manager
To work in the UK Property Management Team providing efficient management of both multi-tenanted and FRI assets within the Group.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Preparation and maintenance of Service Charge Budgets. • In conjunction with the Accounts Department, preparing, calculating and finalising Year End Services Charges, checking and sending rent & service charge demands. • Checking of all Tenant Lease details entered on the Property Management Computer System (QUBE). • Vetting, approving and monitoring tenants’ alteration works and other leasehold applications and instructing solicitors accordingly with regard to any Licences required. • Ensure that occupiers comply with the terms of their leases. • Chairing tenant’s meetings on a quarterly basis at the multi-tenanted properties. • Meeting tenants on a regular basis and inspecting the demised areas for compliance with repairing covenants and ensuring that CLS is delivering high standards of customer service. • Undertake periodic property inspections to ensure all properties comply with all current legislation and regulations and are presented and maintained to Group standards. • Work closely with the Building / Facilities Managers to ensure buildings are compliant with statutory and internal requirements. • Assist with acquisition and disposal of assets. • Procure the maintenance and refurbishment of existing properties for both common areas and vacant space. • Assisting with the annual insurance placement for the portfolio and overseeing and managing insurance claims for each assigned asset. • Corresponding and answering queries from Tenants, Solicitors, Local Authorities, Fire Authorities, Estate/ Managing Agents, Surveyors, and Contractors etc. • Review and monitor energy consumption to ensure that targets are met. • Ensure that all recommended works have considered and/or meet with the Group’s sustainability and energy efficiency targets. • Oversee the implementation of the PPM plans for each asset ensuring that their requirements are balanced with the strategic plan for the asset and other expenditure. • Any other duties as assigned from time to time. • MRICS qualified with a minimum of 2 years PQE. • Good working knowledge of the RICS Code of Service Charge Practice. • Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of excellent customer service. • Excellent customer service skills along with good interpersonal skills capable of liaising with a wide range of colleagues, tenants, contractors. • Independent thinker interested in implementing best practice Property Management. • Tech savvy, with a keen eye on how technology can be used to generate operational efficiencies. • Intermediate to Advanced Excel ability is required. • An interest and experience in sustainability and energy efficiency, and its application to commercial property is desirable. • Experience in managing construction and refurbishment projects is desirable, but not essential. • Self-motivated with a proven ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve targets and deadlines with a minimum of supervision. • Good interpersonal skills capable of liaising with a wide range of colleagues, tenants, contractors etc. • Attention to detail, accuracy, and good grammatical skills Essential candidate credentials
Key elements of remuneration package
• Salary • Discretionary bonus • Loyalty bonus (two years after the first discretionary bonus) • Study leave and associated study costs • Contributory pension (a 5% employee contribution will be matched by 5% from the Company; the Company’s contribution rises to 7.5% after 3 years and to 10% after 5 years) • 28 days holiday of which three days is needed to take between Christmas and New Year, plus statutory holidays • Private medical and permanent health cover • Death-in-service cover • £300 annual gym membership contribution • SIP (able to join CLS Holdings plc Share Incentive Plan (SIP) after the successful probation period). • Interest-free season ticket loan
The Management Recruitment Group is managing this search in partnership with CLSH Management Limited.
To apply or for any further information please contact Stephanie Howe at The Management Recruitment Group. email@example.com | 07932 717 431.
52-54 Gracechurch Street London EC3V 0EH 020 3962 9900
www.mrgpeople.co.ukPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18
Made with FlippingBook - Online Brochure Maker