Health & Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
“HowWill I Overcome My Aching Back Pain? ” FINDING THE SOURCE & PAIN RELIEF FROM YOUR BACK PAIN
Is back pain causing you to move a little slower and more cautiously? If left untreated, chronic back pain can lead to long-term spinal joint and possibly nervedamage.Backpain isoneof themostcommonphysicalcomplaints that people suffer from and more than 80% of the US population will experience back pain at some point in their lifetime. Back pain can interfere with your ability to bend, kneel, lift, reach, do work and enjoy time with your family. Not to mention, it can make you down right irritable and affect others around you. Why do I have Back Pain? Back pain occurs for a number of reasons, but has a few simple root causes: • Weakness in the spinal and core muscles of the trunk • Poor posture and strain on the spine with slouched sitting • Repetitive injury to muscles and tissues around the spine with poor lifting • Limited flexibility of the spine, hips and muscles of the thighs • Poor coordination of the abdominal, pelvic and back muscles Most people don’t seek treatment soon enough and continue to suffer with a nagging ache or pain in their back. They may even feel symptoms travel to the buttocks and legs. Many people feel that not much can be done for back pain and use medication to numb the pain to get through the day. However, medication mostly masks the pain and does nothing to address the root cause of the problem. Solutions to Back Pain Treating back pain starts with determining the true cause. A thorough evaluation of your movement, strength, posture and joint mobility can tell a lot about the true origins of your pain. Only then, can the proper plan be formulated to get you out of pain quickly and back to the activities you love. Whether you just tweaked your back or have been suffering for a long time, seeing one of our spine specialists can help you return to a more active and pain-free life.
“ Most any type of exercise can reduce your risk of low-back pain by between 25% to 40%. ” JAMA Internal Medicine, Jan. 2016
“HOW SHOULD I TAKE CARE OFMY BACK?”
1. Keep a Good Posture Whenyouarestanding, imagineastring through the top of your head lifting you straight up. This puts your neck, shoulders, spine and hips in natural alignment. With sitting, make sure you sit back in the chair with your feet on the floor and your lower back supported. Your shoulders should not slouch when sitting. Avoid soft Picking things up is a normal part of our day. Even if you pick up something light, your back muscles have to lift the weight of your upper torso and control that movement. Make sure you always face what you need to pick up, squat keeping your spine straight and push with your leg muscles. This helps reduce the excessive pressure on your spine. couches when you can. 2. Lift Properly
3. Stay Flexible Flexibility is key to maintaining a healthy back. By keeping your body flexible, the normal forces of movement and lifting can be distributed across the spine, rather than focused onto a few segments,whichcan then fail.Aneasystretching routine everyday can keep you feeling great and You have hundreds of muscles, which control themovementofyourspine.Majormuscles that support the spine are called your core muscles and includeyourabdominal,pelvis,spinalandhip muscles. By keeping your core muscles strong, you support your spine and have the ability to easily control lifting, quick movements, bending and a lot more. put a spring in your step. 4. Stay Strong
5. Physical Therapy Our physical therapists are medical experts in evaluating spine and body movement. By having a regular check up, you can make sure your body is in good condition to tackle the activities you love. If you have a history of back pain, injury or are currently experiencing aches and pains, we can analyze your problem and construct a treatment program that will work best for your individual problem. With soothing hands-on therapy and targeted easy exercises we can help you return quickly to feeling your best. Even if you suffer from severe pain we can help you get out of pain and living the life you deserve. Call Today!
Relieve Back Pain In Minutes Try this movement if you are experiencing back pain.
LOWER TRUNK ROTATIONS Lying on your back with your knees bent, gently rock your knees side-to-side. Repeat 8 times on both sides. Loosens Low Back www.simpleset.net
Our Therapy Services
• Physical Therapy • Aquatic Therapy • Sports Therapy • Orthopedic Therapy
• Back Therapy • Shoulder Therapy • Neck Therapy • One-On-One Care
COLCHESTER P: (860) 531-3222
ENFIELD/ HEALTHTRAX P: (860) 698-6308
Refer a Friend
If you know someone suffering with aches and pains give the gift of health. Refer them to Family Physical Therapy today. Pass along this newsletter or have them call us directly to schedule an evaluation! Do You Have Friends or Family Who Can’t: � Move without pain � Bend and move freely � Balance confidently and securely � Sit for long periods comfortably � Walk for long distances � Live an active and healthy lifestyle
Patient Success Spotlight
I had a great experience!
“This summer I started going to Family Physical Therapy and within a week started to see improvement. From the moment I walked in the office I had a great experience. I am finally walking without pain!” – Paula F.
Patients who stay fit avoid future injury! At Family Physical Therapy our goal is to help you live a healthier and happier life! Our unique combination of Physical Therapy and Fitness not only enables us to rehabilitate you when your body is not at its best, but also gives us the tools to help you continue to improve your quality of life once you are healed! 63% Of Adults in The U.S. are Overweight or Obese
• Have loved ones stopped listening to your complaints because they have heard it so many times before? • Does back & neck pain put a frown on your face? ATTENTION Pain Sufferers
Becky Wengloski, PTA Specialties: Manual Therapy Orthopedics
Learn 5 Simple Ways To Stop Your Back & Neck Pain Naturally With This FREE eBook IfYou’reNoddingYesTak1EasyBabyStep inThe RightDirectionToTakingChargeofHowYouFeel, DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK TODAY!
Growing up, Becky always knew she wanted to get into a career where she could help people. This led her to getting a BA in Exercise Science in 1998 from Keene State College and continuing her education at Springfield Technical Community College where she received an AS in Physical Therapy in 2001. Becky has experience in both in-patient and out-patient facilities. She enjoys working with people of all ages and diagnoses and making a difference. Becky lives inLebanonwithherhusband,boys,and twodogs. Sheenjoys listening to music, dancing, being outdoors, and spending time with her friends and family. Becky has been an employee at Family Physical Therapy since 2010. www.family-pt.com
GET IT INSTANTLY AT: www.spinebook.net/familypt
COLCHESTER 7 Park Ave.
ENFIELD/ HEALTHTRAX 3 Weymouth Road Enfield, CT 06082 P: (860) 698-6308 F: (860) 698-9658
Colchester, CT 06415 P: (860) 531-3222 F: (860) 531-3224
Hi! I am Becky. Read more about me in my Staff Spotlight inside.
FREE DOWNLOAD LOOK INSIDEPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook HTML5