“HOW SHOULD I TAKE CARE OFMY BACK?”
1. Keep a Good Posture Whenyouarestanding, imagineastring through the top of your head lifting you straight up. This puts your neck, shoulders, spine and hips in natural alignment. With sitting, make sure you sit back in the chair with your feet on the floor and your lower back supported. Your shoulders should not slouch when sitting. Avoid soft Picking things up is a normal part of our day. Even if you pick up something light, your back muscles have to lift the weight of your upper torso and control that movement. Make sure you always face what you need to pick up, squat keeping your spine straight and push with your leg muscles. This helps reduce the excessive pressure on your spine. couches when you can. 2. Lift Properly
3. Stay Flexible Flexibility is key to maintaining a healthy back. By keeping your body flexible, the normal forces of movement and lifting can be distributed across the spine, rather than focused onto a few segments,whichcan then fail.Aneasystretching routine everyday can keep you feeling great and You have hundreds of muscles, which control themovementofyourspine.Majormuscles that support the spine are called your core muscles and includeyourabdominal,pelvis,spinalandhip muscles. By keeping your core muscles strong, you support your spine and have the ability to easily control lifting, quick movements, bending and a lot more. put a spring in your step. 4. Stay Strong
5. Physical Therapy Our physical therapists are medical experts in evaluating spine and body movement. By having a regular check up, you can make sure your body is in good condition to tackle the activities you love. If you have a history of back pain, injury or are currently experiencing aches and pains, we can analyze your problem and construct a treatment program that will work best for your individual problem. With soothing hands-on therapy and targeted easy exercises we can help you return quickly to feeling your best. Even if you suffer from severe pain we can help you get out of pain and living the life you deserve. Call Today!
Relieve Back Pain In Minutes Try this movement if you are experiencing back pain.
LOWER TRUNK ROTATIONS Lying on your back with your knees bent, gently rock your knees side-to-side. Repeat 8 times on both sides. Loosens Low Back www.simpleset.net
Our Therapy Services
• Physical Therapy • Aquatic Therapy • Sports Therapy • Orthopedic Therapy
• Back Therapy • Shoulder Therapy • Neck Therapy • One-On-One Care
COLCHESTER P: (860) 531-3222
ENFIELD/ HEALTHTRAX P: (860) 698-6308
Made with FlippingBook HTML5