W elcome to the Homegrown in the Valleys guide, your resource for locating farm fresh foods, value-added products and agri-tourism experiences through the Valleys of the Susquehanna’s five-county region. In this guide, you will find opportunities to explore the beauty and bounty of the region, from farm stands and farmers markets to wineries and pick-your-own farms. Whether you’re on the hunt for a specific product or taking your time to explore the countryside, this guide will help you find what you are looking for.
iTourColumbiaMontour.com 1-800-847-4810 (Columbia & Montour Counties) Map Location: C5
Although every effort has been made to ensure accuracy of content, contact information is provided to allow verification prior to visiting.
VisitCentralPA.org 1-800-525-7320 (Union, Snyder & Northumberland Counties) Map Location: C3
County Color Key: Snyder Columbia Montour Union Northumberland
Ornamentals/ Bedding Plants
Dot Locations are approximate.
Hummel’s Wharf 44 49
Her n do
Northumberland 28 30
er n don
Columbia COUNTY 1. Berwick Brewing Company Map: C6 328 W. Front Street, Berwick, PA 18603 Directions: Follow Rt. 11 north or south to the corner of Oak Street. We are located behind the car dealer in the former Vaughns Bakery. Contact: berwickbrewing.com • firstname.lastname@example.org • 570-752-4313 Hours: Tuesday - Thursday: 3-11pm • Friday: 11am-midnight Saturday: 1pm-midnight Columbia County’s oldest Brewery producing top quality ales and lagers. Brew Pub, kitchen features delicious pizza and other fine foods. 2. Briar Creek Farms, Inc. Map: C5 1017 East 7th Street, Bloomsburg, PA 17815 Directions: Interstate 80 east or west, take Lime Ridge exit South Rt. 11 to Park Street. Turn left and cross railroad tracks. Take first left on 7th Street. Go 2 blocks – building on the left. Contact: 570-784-0507 Hours: Monday - Friday: 6am-3pm • Saturday: 6am-1pm A family owned business with local fresh produce when in season. 3. Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider Map: A6 4360 Red Rock Road (Summer/Fall); 126 South 3rd Street, Benton, PA 17814 (Winter/Spring) Directions: From Interstate 80, take exit 236 to North 487 toward Benton. FromWilkes Barre/Scranton, take Rt. 118 to 487 South toward Benton. Contact: colonelricketts.com • email@example.com • 570-854-1948 Hours: March 1 - May 21 • Friday: 3-6 pm, Saturday: 11am-4 pm, Sunday: 12-4 pm May 21 - September 3 • Thursday: 3-6 pm, Friday: 12-6 pm, Saturday: 11am-5pm, Sunday: 12-4pm September 3 - December 31 • Friday: 3-6pm, Saturday: 11am-4pm, Sunday: 12-4pm Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider uses locally grown apples to handcraft every bottle. Aged in oak barrels producing eight unique flavors. Free tastings and tours.
4. Day Lilies Map: A6 441 Cemetery Hill Road, Benton, PA 17814
Directions: FromLightstreet, exit off I-80 and go north on Rt. 487.After 16miles, turn right onto Sunny Hillside Rd. (at Dollar General). Take first left onHill Street, then first right on Cemetery Hill Road. Go 1mile to the top of the hill. Driveway will be on the left. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • 570-317-1503 • 570-925-2501 Hours: Open May - August: Please call ahead for hours. Easy to grow, fresh dug very hardy daylilies.
5. Drum’s Produce Map: C5 164 River Hill Drive, Bloomsburg, PA 17815 Directions: 1.2 miles south on SR 487 on top of River Hill. 3 miles North on SR 487 out of Catawissa at the junction of SR 487 and West Hillcrest Drive Contact: email@example.com • 570-784-3396 Hours: June - November • 7 days a week, 10am-6pm Home grown fresh fruit and vegetables at great prices. Our knowledgeable staff can help you pick the right produce for your needs. 6. Falls Edge Farm Map: A6 132 Tripp Road, Benton, PA 17814 (Columbia County Neighbor) Directions: From corner of 118 & 487 follow 118 east to Tripp Road turn right. We are six tenths of a mile on the left. Follow signs. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.fallsedge.com • 570-477-2665 Hours: March-December • Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 11am-5pm Alpaca’s Small alpaca farm located near Ricketts Glen with a boutique for shopping and quiet country setting. 7. Forks Farm, LLC Map: B6 299 Covered Bridge Road, Orangeville, PA 17859 Directions: From 180 take Rt. 487 north for 8 miles to the village of Forks. Turn right onto Winding Road at sign for Jonestown. Go 1.6 miles. Our house and farm store are located on the left, after crossing the bridge. Contact: email@example.com • www.forksfarmmarket.com • 570-683-5820 Hours: Farm markets: April-October (2nd & 4th Sat. of each month) 10am-2pm; Nov. & December Holiday markets Buyers Club: Year round 100% grass fed beef and lamb, Woodlot pork. Pastured and organically fed poultry and eggs. No chemicals or fertilizers. We believe that grass farming means placing animals in their natural environment eating food that animals have evolved to eat. This stress free setting assures you that our meat is as good as nature would allow it. In nature animals are free to search for food and roam. When they move on, their feeding areas regenerate, providing food for the future. Portable enclosures help us approximate these natural conditions while providing protection from predators, allowing our animals to live healthier lives and produce healthier meat. 3
Columbia COUNTY 8. Freas FarmWinery Map: B6 130 Twin Church Road, Berwick, PA 18603 Directions: From Berwick, turn left onto North Market Street. Make a slight right onto Summerhill Avenue which turns into FoundryvilleRoad. After 2.5 miles turn left onto Twin Church Rd. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.freasfarmwinery.com • 570-759-WINE Hours: January-April • Friday: 4pm-7pm, Saturday: 12pm-6pm, Sunday: 1pm-5pm May-August • Thursday: 4pm-8pm, Friday: 4pm-8pm, Saturday: 12pm-6pm, Sunday: 1pm-5pm September-November • Friday: 4-7, Saturday: 12pm-6pm, Sunday: 1pm-5pm December • Thursday: 4-8, Friday: 4-8, Saturday: 12pm-6pm, Sunday: 1pm-5pm PA preferred farm-to-table wines. Come enjoy our award-winning wines. We offer a variety of Reds, Whites, sweets and dry. Outdoor seating and entertainment.
9. Klinger’s Farm Map: D6 575 Ringtown Mt. Road, Catawissa, PA 17820 Directions: 3 mile east of Numidia (rt. 42) on Ringtown Road Contact: 570-799-5315 Hours:
Greenhouse • April, May, and June: Monday-Saturday: 8am-6pm, Sunday: 10am-5pm Roadside Produce • June to October: Thursday-Sunday: 8am-5pm
Sustainable farming with limited use of pesticides. Spring-onion sets, seed potatoes, seed vegetable plants, herbs, perennials, flowers. Summer-fresh vegetables, corn, tomatoes. Fall - apples, cider, pumpkins.
10. Mainville FarmMarket Map: C5 797 Mainville Drive, Bloomsburg, PA 17815 Directions: Off I-80 exit 242 at Mainville/Mifflinville, exit to 339 south. Travel 5 miles to Mainville. At the stop sign, turn left. The store will be directly on the left. Contact: email@example.com • mainvillefarmmarket.com • 570-784-4206 Hours: March-December • Thursday and Friday: 9am-6pm, Saturday: 9am-4pm Buying and selling locally-grown produce and specializing in products from PA growers and manufacturers. Now selling homemade soups and meat pies.
11. Marley’s Brewery & Grille Map: C5 1323 Columbia Boulevard, Bloomsburg, PA 17815 Directions: Located directly on Rt. 11 in Bloomsburg Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • marleysbrewery.com • 570-784-9600 Hours: Year Round • Monday-Saturday: 11am-10pm, Sunday: 11am-9pm We use local products to be included in our brews. Craft beer made on site. Casual dining, brick oven pizza, local wines, mixed cocktails, and a fun atmosphere!
12. Ponduce Farms Map: D5 270 White Church Rd., Elysburg, PA 17824 Directions: 1mile off Route 42 in Numidia. Ponduce Farms is 20minutes from Interstate 80 and 30minutes from Interstate 81.
Contact: email@example.com • www.PonduceFarms.com • 570-799-5888 Hours:
February-December: Thursday-Friday, 10 AM-7 PM; Saturday-Sunday, 8 AM-7 PM. Closed January.
Ponduce Farms is a family-run farm with vegetables and Christmas trees. The farm market features a restaurant with produce from the farm, fresh baked goods, and deli items, plus on-site catering.
13. Purple CowWinery Map: B5 281 Welliversville Road, Bloomsburg, PA 17815 Directions: From the intersection of Rt. 42 and Millville Rd. in Buckhorn, take Millville Rd. toward Bloomsburg. Turn left onto Millertown Rd. and go 6.5 miles. Continue to follow signs directing you to the winery.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • 570-854-6969 Hours:
April-October • Friday: 3pm-8pm, Saturday: 12pm-8pm, and Sunday: 12pm-5pm
Purple Cow strives to provide unique and affordable wines that pair well with bad decisions and a good time.
14. Rohrbach’s FarmMarket, Bakery & Gift Shop Map: D5 240 Southern Drive, Catawissa, PA 17820 Directions: Located on 487, 5 miles before Knoebels Amusement Park if traveling thru Catawissa or 5 miles past Knoebels if coming from Elysburg. Contact: email@example.com • rohrbachsfarm.net • 570-356-7654 Hours: May-December: Hours vary, visit website for current hours, closed Sunday Grass and grain fed beef, pick your own strawberries, cherries, and pumpkins. Many locally sourced items. Celebrating 63rd year as a family owned and operated business. Events and education opportunities fill our event calendar May to December.
15. Rolling Hills Red Deer Farm Map: D5 63 Pinnacle Drive, Catawissa, PA 17820 Columbia COUNTY
Directions: From Interstate 80, exit 232: take Rt. 42 South through Catawissa to Rt. 487 South. Turn right onto Apple Drive at Rohrbach’s Farm Market. Go to stop sign turn left. Go 1.3 miles and turn left onto Pinnacle Drive- first farm on left. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • reddeeratrollinghillsfarm.com • 570-356-7482 Hours: May-June • Open Saturday (3rd. Week in June 10am - 5pm or by appointment), August-October: • Monday Saturday: 10am-5pm Farm raised venison with no antibiotics or hormones. We raise over 500 red deer on our farm. During summer and early fall, we do hayrides to see and feed the deer.
16. Stonehouse Berry Patch Map: C5 297 Orchard Drive, Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Directions: Located between Bloomsburg and Danville near Columbia Hill. FromExit 232 of l-80, take Rt. 44 through Buckhorn. Turn left on Dahl road (approx. 1mile) Continue on Dahl Road to Rambo Drive and turn left. In approx. 1/4mile turn right onOrchard Drive. Contact: email@example.com • stonehouseberrypatch.com • 570-336-3952 Hours: June-early July: 8am-8pm. Call for seasonal updates Come visit our “pick your own” strawberry patch. We offer nearly 4 acres of berries, consisting of several varieties. 17. Three Dogs Vino Map: C6 129 Hidlay Church Road, Bloomsburg, PA 17815 Directions: Take Exit 236 (Lightstreet) of Interstate 80 to Rt. 487 North. Drive to Ridge Road and turn right. Turn left at the first stop sign. Winery is 1/4 mile on right….or google it! Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • threedogsvino.homestead.com • 570-389-0151 Hours: Thursday-Friday: 4-7pm, Saturday: 12-7pm, Sunday: 12pm-5pm (all year) A unique winery featuring dog themed wines that will make you “howl”. You will NEVER be in the dog house here!
18. Turkey Hill Brewing Co./FarmerMoofy’sMarket Map: C5 991 Central Road, Bloomsburg, PA 17815 Directions: Take I-80 Exit 236 to Rt. 487 South. Turn left at first red light, and left on Central Road. Entrance is 150 yards on the left. Contact: email@example.com • turkeyhillbrewing.com • 570-387-8422 Hours: Open 7 days a week at 4pm. Hours subject to change for holidays. Serving from Wild for Salmon, Fork’s Farm (grass fed beef) with Moofy’s Farm Market located in the parking lot from Spring thru Fall. Inspired craft brewing in Northeast Pennsylvania with local, innovative cuisine set in a casual, comfortable atmosphere.
19. Wild For Salmon Map: C5 521 Montour Boulevard, Bloomsburg, PA 17815 Directions: Located on North side of Rt 11between Bloomsburg and Danville approx. 2 miles West of Bloomsburg.
wildforsalmon.com • 570-387-0552
Hours: Year-round. Monday-Friday, 9 AM-6 PM; Saturday, 9 AM-3 PM. Wild seafood, sustainably harvested. Direct from the fisherman!
20. Crest Haven FarmMarket Map: D5 340 Elysburg Road, Danville, PA 17821 Directions: Located on Rt. 54 between Elysburg and Danville. 3 miles from Danville, 4 miles from Elysburg. Montour COUNTY
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • 570-672-2227 Hours: Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm, Saturday: 10am-5pm, Coming Soon: Sunday 10am-4pm
Offering varieties of gluten free, grass fed, organic options. Selling the best quality of locally grown and produced produce, dairy, and meat products.
21. Ferry Street Growers’ Market Map: C4 330 Ferry Street, Danville, PA 17821 Directions: from intersection of Rtes 11 & 54 head east two blocks to Ferry Street. Turn right onto Ferry Street. Go two blocks; see our market on the left between Voelcker Beverage and Cole’s Hardware.
Contact: ferrystreetgrowersmarket.com • www.ferrystreetgrowersmarket.com Hours: May 18 - November 23 • Saturdays: 8am-12pm
All products grown or handmade by the vendors. We promote local PA agriculture by selling fresh high quality produce, plants, herbs, eggs, baked goods, and value-added products.
22. Kohl’s Stony Hill Tree Farm Map: C4 3319 Mexico Road, Milton, PA 17847
Directions: I-80 East-Bound: take the Limestoneville exit. Turn left onto Route 254. Go 4 miles and turn right onto Narehood Road. Go 1/2 mile and turn left onto Mexico Road. Go 1/2 mile. Farm will be on the left. I-80 West-Bound: take the Danville exit. Turn right onto Route 54. Go 4 miles and turn left onto Route 254. Go 1/2 mile and turn left onto Mexico Road. Go 2.5 miles. Farm will be on the right. I-180 East-Bound: take Turbotville exit. Turn left onto Route 54. Pass through Turbotville and Washingtonville. Turn right onto Route 254. Go 1/2 mile. Turn left onto Mexico Road. Go 2.5 miles. Farm will be on the right..
Contact: KohlsStonyHill@AOL.net and KohlsStonyHill@verizon.net
KohlsStonyHill.com and KohlsStonyHill.MazePlay.com (for maze ticketing) 570-437-3442 or 570-204-2995 See website for Christmas Shoppe, tree-cutting, and Corn Maze hours.
7-acre corn maze; 30,000 Christmas trees; 100,000 ornaments in PA’s largest Christmas Shop. Create memories that last a lifetime! Practicing low-till, erosion control practices.
23. Old Forge Brewing Company Map: C4 532 Mill Street, Danville, PA 17821 Directions: From I-80, Exit 224, take Rt. 54 East, turn left on US-11/Northumberland Street, then turn right on to Mill Street. Contact: email@example.com • oldforgebrewingcompany.com 570-275-8151 Hours: Monday-Thursday: 11am-10pm, Friday & Saturday: 11am-11pm, Sunday: 12pm-8pm At our brewpub we craft our own beer, make local handcrafted food with a family atmo- sphere- stop by and enjoy!
24. Red Shale Ridge Vineyards Map: C5 450 Mill Street, Danville, PA 17821
Directions: From I-80, Exit 224, take Rt. 54 East, turn left on US-11/Northumberland Street, then turn right on to Mill Street. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • redshaleridgewineyards.com • 570-682-3203 Hours: Tuesday - Saturday: 12pm-7pm, all year Our own vineyard supplemented with PA grown grapes. We are a local family owned vineyard and winery providing over 25 varieties of wine. 25. Rock God Brewing Company Map: C4 459 Rooney Avenue, Danville, PA 17821 Directions: From I-80, Exit 224, take Rt. 54 East, turn left on Canal Street, and then a quick right onto Rooney Avenue. Contact: rockgodbeer.com • 570-284-4096 Hours: Wednesday & Thursday: 3:30pm-9pm, Friday: 3;30pm-11pm, Saturday: 1pm-11pm. Rock God Brewing Company is a recently-opened brewery in Danville. Enjoy handcrafted beers while rocking out to great music
26. Breaking Bread Company, The Map: C3 530 S. Front St., Milton, PA 17847
Directions: Milton location: .3 of a mile south of the Governor James Pollack Memorial Bridge. Lewisburg Farmer’s Market: From Route 15 in Lewisburg take either Route 45 or Route 192 west for approximately 1 mile. From Route 45 turn right onto Fairground Road. From Route 192 turn left onto Fairground Road. Proceed to market. Contact: email@example.com • 570-490-2112 • Facebook - The Breaking Bread Company Hours: Milton location: Daily, 11 AM-10 PM. Lewisburg Farmers Market: Wednesdays, 8:30 AM-1 PM. Fine Italian breads, pizzas, strombolis, salads, sandwiches, and homemade soups. 27. Broad Mountain Vineyard Map: F3 45 W. Broad St., Elizabethville, PA 17023 (Northumberland County Neighbor) Directions: The winery is located in downtown Elizabethville, 2 blocks from the town square. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.broadmountainvineyard.com • 717-362-8044 Hours: Year-round. Monday, 11 AM-5 PM; Tuesday-Thursday, 11 AM-7 PM; Friday-Saturday, 11 AM-9 PM; Sunday, noon-5 PM. Established in 2011, Broad Mountain Vineyard produces 20+ wines and 15+ varieties of handcrafted hard cider. The winery/cidery tasting room is located in Elizabethville and the vineyard/event venue is in Halifax.
28. Covered Bridge Brewhaus Map: E5 506 N. 8th St., Shamokin, PA 17872 Directions: Going north on Route 61 turn left on 8th Street (before Dunkin Donuts) and proceed 2 blocks. Going south on Route 61 turn right on 8th Street (after Dunkin Donuts) and proceed 2 blocks. Contact: email@example.com • www.Facebook.com/CBBHaus • 570-205-6158 Hours: Thursday and Saturday, 6 PM-10 PM. Home of the Coconut Porter, 11 beers on tap. Handcrafted in small batches where quality always comes before quantity!
29. Dalvino Wine Company Map: D4 716 Furman Rd., Sunbury, PA 17801
Directions: Interstate 80 use Lewisburg exit to Route 15 south toward Shamokin Dam. Take Route 61 south via Sunbury and follow for 6miles. Winery is located off Route 61 south in Stonington, Pennsylvania. Use 716 Furman Rd., Sunbury, PA for GPS address.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.DalvinoWineCo.com • 570-284-6050 Hours: Year-round. Monday-Thursday, by appointment only. Friday, 1 PM-6 PM; Saturday, 11 AM-6 PM; Sunday, noon-4 PM. Dalvino Wine Company is a small family-owned and -operated winery located in the beautiful rolling hills of Snydertown, Pennsylvania. Dalvino Wine Company takes pride in handcrafting small batches of wine staying true to an old Italian proverb: “In small barrels, there is good wine.” 30. Dries Orchards Inc. Map: E4 506 W. Mountain Rd., Paxinos, PA 17860 Directions: From South Route 890 turn right on to West Mountain Road. Orchard will be on left. Contact: email@example.com • www.DriesOrchards.com • 570-286-6723 Hours: Monday-Saturday, 9 AM-5 PM. For 65 years, this family-owned and -operated farm has grown apples, peaches, nectarines, pears, strawberries, raspberries, grapes, and sweet and sour cherries. 31. Eclipse Craft Brewing Company, LLC Map: D3 249 Market St., Sunbury, PA 17801 Contact: See Eclipse Craft Brewing Facebook page for hours of operation and contact information. • 570-917-8100 Come enjoy a small-batch, hand-crafted beer paired with food from the pub that is locally sourced when possible, and handmade each day by the chef. Serving salads, wraps, soups, bratwurst, and sides to pair with the great beer served here!
Northumberland COUNTY 32. Elysburg Farmers Market Map: D5 Memorial Park Dr., Elysburg, PA 17824 Directions: Follow signs from the intersection of routes 487 and 54 in Elysburg. Take Route 487 north towards Knoebels. Make the first left after the light onto Hickory Street. Proceed to the stop sign. Turn right onto Center Street. Go 200 yards and turn left into the main entrance to the Market. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.Facebook.com/ElysburgFarmersMarket/ 570-847-3880 Hours: May 11-Nov. 23, 2019, Saturdays, 8 AM-1 PM. Offering fresh, local grown fruits, vegetables, flowers, and other locally made products, the Elysburg Farmers Market strives to bring the best products possible to the customers.
33. Farmhouse Market Map: C3 915 Carpenter Rd., Milton, PA 17847 Directions: From Milton, go east on Route 642. Turn right on Carpenter Road. Contact: email@example.com • 570-742-4512 Hours:
Monday-Friday, 9 AM-6 PM; Saturday, 9 AM-5 PM. Closed Sunday. In season, Farmhouse Market offers local, homegrown produce. Farmhouse Market is a small town discount grocery store with a deli, offering a variety of fresh meats and cheeses, as well as hoagies, wraps, salads, soups, and Amish baked goods.
34. K. Schlegel Fruit Farm Map: E3 1426 State Route 147, Dalmatia, PA 17017 Directions: 1 mile south of Dalmatia on Route 147. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.KSchlegelFruitFarm.com • 570-758-2162 Hours: January-June: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 AM-5 PM; Saturday, 9 AM-3 PM. July-December: Monday-Friday, 9 AM-5 PM; Saturday, 9 AM-3 PM. Fifth-generation family farm committed to using ecologically sustainable growing practices and producing the best tasting, freshest fruit available. 35. Landis Poultry Farm Map: B3 121 Hall Dr., Watsontown, PA 17777 Directions: From I-180 take the Turbotville exit onto Route 54 west. Go 1/2 mile to Church Road. Turn left and go 1/2 mile. Hall Drive is on the left. Contact: email@example.com • www.LandisPoultry.com • 570-538-2999 Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 AM-5 PM; Saturday, 9 AM-3 PM. Closed Sunday. Raises and processes chickens and turkeys, all fed non-GMO grains, no antibiotics or hormones. Sells wholesale birds with a variety of products.
36. Maple Brook Farm Map: B3 12510 State Rt. 405, Watsontown, PA 17777 Directions: From Rt. 15 N. turn right on Rt. 44. Turn right on Rt. 405. Proceed approximately 1/2 mile to our farm on the left. Contact: 570-538-2789 Hours: Year-round. 7 AM-5 PM. Closed Sunday. Maple Brook Farm grows and sells fresh produce in season. The antique shop is open daily. More items are added on a regular basis. 37. Mount Carmel Farmers Market Map: E5 11190 State Rt. 61, Mount Carmel, PA 17851 Directions: On the corner of routes 54 and 61 in Atlas. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.Facebook.com/MCFarmersMarket • 570-850-8947 Hours: Every Saturday except the Saturday after Christmas, 8 AM-2 PM. Local farmers with produce in season. Hormone and antibiotic-free meat deli. Breakfast, lunch, baked goods, flea market, and crafts. 50+ vendors. 38. Owens Farm Map: D4 2611 Mile Post Rd., Sunbury, PA 17801 Directions: In between Sunbury and Riverside on Mile Post Rd. 5 miles from Chief Shikellamy Elementary School; on the left. Contact: email@example.com • www.OwensFarm.com • 570-286-5309 Hours: Overnight Farm Stays: March 18 - November 1 On 112 scenic acres, Owens Farm raises grass-fed lamb, pastured pork, chicken, turkey, and honey for sale directly to local families seasonally. Pre-scheduled and large group Farm Tours are available. See website for tour dates and themes.
39. Spyglass Ridge Winery Map: D4 105 Carroll Rd., Sunbury, PA 17801
Directions: Spyglass is located at the intersections of Plum Creek and Carroll Road. 1 mile from Route 890 on the left. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.SpyglassRidgeWinery.com • 570-286-9911 Hours: Year-round. Tuesday-Thursday, 11 AM-6 PM; Friday & Saturday, 11 AM-7 PM; Sunday, 11 AM-5 PM. Spyglass Ridge features hand-crafted wines produced from our own fruit as well as locally-sourced fruit.
40. Stahl’s Plants & Produce Map: D4 4760 State Route 61, Paxinos, PA 17860 Directions: 1 mile north of the intersection of routes 487 and 61 in Paxinos.
Contact: email@example.com • 570-648-3952 Hours: May-December: Monday-Friday, 9:30 AM-5:30 PM. Roadside farm market specializing in quality greenhouse vegetable and flower transplants, berries grown on the farm, tree fruit, and basic vegetables.
41. Whispering Oaks Vineyard Map: D4 1306 State Route 61, Sunbury, PA 17801 Directions: Conveniently located 6 miles south of routes 11 and 15 on Route 61.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.WhisperingOaksVineyardPA.com 1-844-WOV-WINE (1-844-968-9463) Hours: Year-round. Thursday, 4 PM-8 PM; Friday-Saturday, 11 AM-8 PM; Sunday, 11 AM-5 PM. Family-owned and -operated vineyard, winery, and tasting room. Amazing views, award-winning wines, and PA produced beer. Cheers to Homegrown!!
Snyder COUNTY 42. Buddy Boy Winery & Vineyards Map: F3 111 Barnett Dr., Duncannon, PA 17020 (Snyder County Neighbor) Directions: 2 1/2 miles off routes 11 and 15 south of Duncannon. 15 miles north on routes 11 and 15 from Interstate 81. Contact: email@example.com • www.BuddyBoyWinery.com • 717-834-5606 Hours: Wednesday-Friday, 10 AM-7 PM; Saturday, 10 AM-5 PM; Sunday, 11 AM-5 PM. Very warm and friendly hillbilly winery making dry to sweet wines. The fruit wines are 100% fruit. Entertainment Saturday nights. Directions: Lewisburg Farmer’s Market: From Route 15 in Lewisburg take either Route 45 or Route 192 west for approximately 1 mile. From Route 45 turn right onto Fairground Road. From Route 192 turn left onto Fairground Road. Proceed to market.. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • 570-765-1479 Hours: Year-round. Lewisburg Farmers Market: Wednesdays, 8 AM-3 PM. Quality cheesecakes made from scratch for any occasion. Home of the Cheesecake in a Jar! The jars make great gifts or wedding/shower favors. 44. Heimbach’s Country Store Inc. Map: E3 1208 Mill Rd., Selinsgrove, PA 17870 Directions: South on Rt. 11 & 15 from Shamokin Dam, turn right on Mill Rd. Travel 1.9 miles. Store is on left. Or travel East on Rt. 522 in Selinsgrove. Turn left on Rt. 204 and travel 1.7 miles. Turn right on Mill Rd. Store is on right. Contact: email@example.com • www.HeimbachsCountryStore.com • 570-374-9328 Hours: Year-round. Monday-Saturday, 10 AM-5 PM. Closed Sunday. Heimbach’s Country Store is an old-fashioned country store where customers are like old friends and family. Start a new tradition. Stop in! 43. Cowgirl Cheesecakes Map: E2 5591 Middle Rd., Beavertown, PA 17813
45. Isle of Que Brewing Company Map: E3 6 University Ave., Selinsgrove, PA 17870 Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.QueBrew.com • 570-809-9350 Hours:
Sunday, noon-10 PM; Monday-Wednesday, Closed; Thursday, 4 PM-10 PM; Friday, 4 PM-midnight; Saturday, noon-midnight.
Quality craft beers since 2018. Hand-crafted beer made and served on-site.
46. Marzoni’s Brick Oven & Brewery Map: E3 834 N. Susquehanna Trail, Selinsgrove, PA 17870 Directions: Located next to Sheetz in Selinsgrove across from the Susquehanna Valley Mall. Contact: email@example.com • www.Marzonis.com • 570-372-1512 Hours: Open daily: Sunday-Thursday, 11 AM-10 PM; Friday-Saturday, 11 AM-11 PM. Since 2003, Marzoni’s has been proudly specializing in hand-made brick oven pizzas, Italian-American cuisine, and hand-crafted lagers and ales from our very own microbrewery. Brew master, Bill Kroft, has a passion for brewing consistently great beer in Duncansville, PA, using only the finest ingredients. He has personally brewed every batch since 2003.
47. Mountain Dale Farm, LLC Map: E1 330 Hassinger Way, McClure, PA 17841
Directions: From McClure intersection of Route 522 and Ulsh Gap Road, travel north on Ulsh Gap Road approximately 4 miles to stop sign. At stop sign proceed straight across onto Hassinger Way. Continue approximately .4 mile to large grey farmhouse. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.MountainDale.net • 570-658-3536 Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 AM-4 PM. Mountain Dale Farm is a farm stay that has been hosting guests for over 40 years. Guests are invited to join in barn chores twice a day experiencing rural living and farm life, coming to a clearer understanding of the issues surrounding farms, food, and farming practices.
48. Selin’s Grove Brewing Map: E3 121 N. Market St., Selinsgrove, PA 17870 Directions: Downtown Selinsgrove. Contact: www.SelinsgroveBrewing.com • 570-374-7308 Hours: Wednesday-Sunday at 11 AM.
Small brew pub established in 1996 in the historic Governor Snyder Mansion. Proudly serving premise-made beers, Pennsylvania made wines, ciders, and micro-distilled spirits. Selin’s Grove Brewing serves a small and healthful menu too!
49. Selinsgrove Farmers Market Map: E3 The Corner of Market St. & Pine St., Selinsgrove, PA 17870 Directions: The Selinsgrove Farmers Market is located in the Selinsgrove Commons at the intersection of Market Street and Pine Street in Selinsgrove, PA. Contact: email@example.com • 570-847-5903 www.Selinsgrove.net/Shop/Farmers_Market Hours: Every Saturday from 9 AM-1 PM, May 18-Nov. 16, 2019. Thanksgiving Market: Nov. 23, 2019. Holiday Market: Dec. 7, 2019. A seasonal open-air market hosting vendors of locally grown produce, meats, eggs and a variety of handmade goods.
50. Shade Mountain Winery Map: E2 16140 Rt. 104, Middleburg, PA 17842
Directions: From Route 15 in Lewisburg, take Route 45 west for approximately 9 miles. Turn left onto Route 104 south. Destination on left after approximately 6 miles. From routes 11 and 15 in Liverpool, turn left onto Route 104 north. Follow for approximately 16 miles. Winery on right. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.ShadeMountainWinery.com • 570-837-3644 Hours: Year-round. Monday-Thursday & Saturday, 10 AM-5 PM; Friday, 10 AM-6 PM; Sunday, noon-5 PM. All Shade Mountain Wines are made using grapes grown on the estate. It’s a true PA product! Shade Mountain Winery is open 7 days a week, year-round. Daily tastings and vineyard views from the expansive deck. Tasting room located in downtown Danville in historic train station is open seven days a week; 53 North D & H Avenue.
51. Shaffer Landscapes, Inc. Map: E2 238 Swinehart Dr., Middleburg, PA 17842
Directions: From Selinsgrove, follow Route 522 south approximately 10 miles to Middleburg. Take right on Swinehart Drive. Farm on right. From Mifflinburg, follow Route 104, which turns into Route 522 north. Turn left on Swinehart Drive before rental store. Farm on left. Contact: email@example.com • www.ShafferLandscapes.com • 570-837-1869 Hours: April-November: Tuesday-Friday, 8 AM-5 PM; Saturday, 8 AM-1 PM; December-March, by appointment only. Established 1985, Shaffer Landscapes is a 53-acre nursery/garden center, specializing in landscape as well as large and unusual specimen plant material.
52. Whispering Pines Fruit Farm, LLC Map: E2 76 Orchard Hill Rd., Mt. Pleasant Mills, PA 17853 Directions: From the intersection of routes 104 and 35, take Route 104 south. In 1 mile turn left on Martin Brothers Road. Market will be 1 mile on right.
Contact: 570-539-2757 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.WPFruitFarm.net Hours:
April - October: Monday-Friday, 8 AM-8 PM; Saturday, 8 AM-5PM; closed Sunday. November - March: Monday-Thursday, 8 AM-7 PM; Friday, 8 AM-8 PM; Saturday, 8 AM-5 PM; closed Sunday.
A unique country market with a Dutch bakery, bulk foods, groceries, deli, and local produce.
53. Winery at Hunters Valley, The Map: F3 3 Orchard Rd., Liverpool, PA 17045 (Snyder County Neighbor) Directions: Located off of routes 11 and 15 and Route 34 in Liverpool PA. Contact: email@example.com • www.HuntersValleyWines.com 717-444-7211 Hours: Year-round. Daily: 10 AM-6 PM. Call for summer hours. A vineyard and winery over looking the Susquehanna River, located 2 miles south of the town of Liverpool, PA.
54. Ard’s Farm Map: D3 4803 Old Turnpike Rd., Lewisburg, PA 17837 Directions: From the intersection of routes 15 and 45, head west 3.6 miles. Market is on the south side of Route 45. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.ArdsFarm.com • 570-524-9820 Hours: Year-round. Monday, 8 AM-6 PM; Tuesday-Saturday, 8 AM-8 PM; Sunday, 8 AM-3 PM. Ard’s Farm strives to provide customers with honest food from the farm and local producers, in a sustainable agricultural environment. Pastured pork, pastured chicken eggs, 100% no-till, 100% Non-GMO, soil health focused.
55. Boof Biscuit Company Map: D3 5941 Old Turnpike Rd., Lewisburg, PA 17837
Directions: Boof Biscuit Shop: 4.5 miles west of Route 15 on Route 45. Lewisburg Farmer’s Market: From Route 15 in Lewisburg take either Route 45 or Route 192 west for approximately 1 mile. From Route 45 turn right onto Fairground Road. From Route 192 turn left onto Fairground Road. Proceed to market. Contact: email@example.com • www.AnnieBoof.com • 570-768-8405 Hours: Year-round. Shop open Monday-Tuesday, 1 PM-6 PM. Lewisburg Farmers Market: Wednesdays. Columbia Colonnade (aka Buckhorn Mall): Thursday-Saturday, 2 PM-6 PM. Boof Biscuit Company provides all natural treats that are a tasty wholesome alternative for pets in the Susquehanna River Valley. Boof Biscuits are made from free-range eggs from the family farm, local raw milk, and organic broths, plus handmade pet accessories. 56. Bridge Avenue Berries Map: B3 62 Bridge Ave. , Allenwood, PA 17810 Directions: From the intersection of routes 15 and 44, at that traffic light, turn east on Route 44 and proceed 1/4 mile to Bridge Avenue Berries on left. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.BridgeAvenueBerries.com 570-838-2188 Hours: Usually open late June through the month of July, depending on weather. 6 acres of blueberries have been grown, picked, and enjoyed on the farm for over 45 years. Local sourced organic vegetables at the farm stand during blueberry season too.
Union COUNTY 57. Brookside Acres Greenhouse Map: C2 600 Conley Rd., Mifflinburg, PA 17844 Directions: On Route 45 (Chestnut Street) in Mifflinburg turn north onto Forest Hill Road. Go 3 miles to Conley Road. Turn right and proceed 1/2 mile to greenhouse on left. Contact: 570-966-3879 Hours: March 15-July 4 • Monday-Friday, 8 AM-8 PM; Saturday, 8 AM-5 PM. Closed Sunday and all religious holidays. Brookside Acres Greenhouse is open from Easter to July 4 and offers a large variety of plants for all your gardening needs. 58. Catherman’s Homemade Candy & Cakes Map: D3 209 North Front St., Lewisburg, PA 17837 Contact: www.CathermansBakery.com • 570-523-3873 Hours: Tuesday-Friday, 9AM-5PM; Saturday, 8:30AM-12:30PM; Sunday & Monday, Closed. A family-owned bakery and chocolate shop specializing in homemade chocolates, specialty cakes, and baked goods. 59. Central Pennsylvania Fiber Festival Map: B3 Larabee Building, Lycoming County Fairgrounds, 1 E. Park St. Hughesville, PA 17737 (Union County Neighbor) Contact: email@example.com • www.CentralPennFiberFest.com 570-546-2291 Hours: May 18, 2019, 10 AM-5 PM; May 19, 2019, 10 AM-4 PM. Provide natural animal/plant fibers as well as interesting demonstrations on how to process into yarn and other finished items. 60. Civil War Cider Company, Inc. Map: C3 606 Market St., Lewisburg, PA 17837 Directions: Located six blocks east of the intersection of routes 45 and 15. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.CivilWarCider.com • 570-523-3414 Hours: Sunday, 4 PM-10 PM; Monday, closed; Tuesday-Wednesday, 5 PM-midnight; Thursday, 5 PM-2 AM; Friday-Saturday, 2 PM-2 AM. Civil War Cider Company is the only local producer of artisanal cider and mead, producing Civil War-styled ciders aged in oak whiskey barrels or authentic clay jugs.
61. Country Farm&Home Gift and Garden Center Map: D2 7801 Old Turnpike Rd., Mifflinburg, PA 17844 Directions: From Route 15 travel west 6.5 miles on Route 45, approximately 1 mile east of Mifflinburg. Contact: email@example.com • www.CountryFarmandHome.net • 570-966-4030 Hours: Winter Hours: Wednesday-Saturday, 9 AM-5 PM. Beginning March 1: Open Monday-Saturday, 9 AM-5 PM. Beginning April 1: Open Monday-Saturday, 9 AM-5 PM; Sunday, 12 PM-4 PM. Country Farm & Home Gift and Garden Center is a full-service gift and garden store with boutique offerings.
62. Country Vale Alpacas Map: C3 492 Ridge Rd., New Columbia, PA 17856
Directions: Alpaca Farm: From Route 15 take New Columbia exit. Turn right onto New Columbia Road and go .6 mile. Turn left onto Ridge Road and go 1/2 mile. Farm is on right. Lewisburg Farmer’s Market: From Route 15 in Lewisburg take either Route 45 or Route 192 west for approximately 1 mile. From Route 45 turn right onto Fairground Road. From Route 192 turn left onto Fairground Road. Proceed to market. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.CountryValeAlpacas.com. Follow on Facebook. • 570-713-9984 Hours: Seasonal spring through autumn. Events only or groups by appointment. Come experience the joys of alpacas and visit the farm store for amazing alpaca products. Variety of seasonal events. Also, products at the Lewisburg Farmers Market on Wednesdays. 63. Davy’s Fresh Market, LLC Map: C3 444 Airport Rd., Lewisburg, PA 17837 Directions: From Route 15 in Lewisburg, take Route 192 west for .5 mile. Turn right onto Airport Road. Farm market is located .3 mile on right. Contact: email@example.com • 570-768-4930 Hours: Year-round. Tuesday-Friday, 8 AM-6 PM; Saturday, 8 AM-5 PM. Closed Sunday-Monday. A quaint country market providing locally-sourced fresh meats and a full line of fruits and vegeta- bles. Davy’s Market features a bakery, bulk foods, deli, greenhouse, and garden center. 64. Fero Vineyards and Winery Map: C3 965 JPM Rd., Lewisburg, PA 17837 Directions: Less than 1 mile west of US Route 15 on Zeigler Road. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.FeroVineyards.com • 570-568-0846 Hours: Monday-Saturday, 11 AM-6 PM; Sunday, 11 AM-4 PM. Fero Vineyards and Winery turns grapes grown on the historic family farm into award-winning wines; an unexpected treasure in Lewisburg.
Union COUNTY 65. Four Friends Vineyard and Winery Map: B3 574 Cemetery Hill Rd., Montgomery PA 17752 (Union County Neighbor) Directions: Located 1/2 mile off Route 15. Contact: email@example.com • www.FourFriendsVineyard.com 570-547-0881 Hours: January-May: Friday-Saturday, 11 AM-6 PM; Sunday, 11 AM-5 PM. June-August: Thursday, 3 PM-8 PM; Friday-Saturday, 11 AM-6 PM; Sunday, 11 AM-5 PM. September-December: Friday-Saturday, 11 AM-6 PM; Sunday, 11 AM-5 PM. Overlooking the beautiful Susquehanna River Valley, this 6-acre vineyard and winery boasts a tasting area and outdoor-covered deck to relax with your favorite wine. 66. Green Ridge Country Market Map: D2 811 Forest Hill Rd., Mifflinburg, PA 17844 Directions: From Route 45 turn onto Forest Hill Road. Market is 1 mile on the left. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.GreenRidgeMarket.com • 570-966-4650 Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8 AM-6 PM; Friday, 8 AM-7 PM; Saturday, 8 AM-6 PM. Closed Sunday. BBQ Hours: April-October; Friday, 11 AM-7 PM; Saturday, 11 AM-6 PM. Deli, from scratch bakery, bulk food, produce, weekend BBQ.
67. Lewisburg Farmers Market Map: C3 600 Fairground Rd., Lewisburg, PA 17837 Directions: From Route 15 in Lewisburg take either Route 45 or Route 192 west for approximately 1 mile. From Route 45 turn right onto Fairground Road. From Route 192 turn left onto Fairground Road. Proceed to market. Contact: email@example.com • Joe: 570-713-5853 Hours: Year-round. Open Wednesdays, 8 AM-3 PM. A large farmers market with many local products.
68. Reiff’s Poultry Processing/Farm Map: D2 922 Conley Rd., Mifflinburg, PA 17844 Directions: From Mifflinburg: Go 3 miles north on Forest Hill Road. Turn right on Conley Road and proceed 1/2 mile on left. From Lewisburg: Go 7.2 miles on Route 192 west. Turn left on Conley Road and proceed 1 mile on right. Contact: 570-966-0769 Hours: Appointments preferred. Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM-4 PM. The goal is to raise homegrown pastured meat, processed on farm. Selling direct to consumers. 69. Rusty Rail Brewing Co. Map: D2 5 N. 8th St., Mifflinburg, PA 17844 Directions: From Route 80, travel routes 11 and 15 south to Route 45 west. Turn right and proceed 9 miles. Turn right onto 8th Street. Brew pub on left. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.RustyRailBrewing.com • 570-966-7878 Hours: Year-round. Monday-Thursday, 11 AM-10 PM; Friday-Saturday, 11 AM-midnight; Sunday, 11 AM-8 PM. Regional craft brewery with historic repurposed brew pub. Distribution in 4 states. Full event facility with unique suites for overnight stay. 70. Salty and Baked Map: C3 Online sales only. Lewisburg, PA 17837 Directions: Salty and Baked products can be found at the Campus Theatre, All Star Bagels, Lanie’s Bare Bowls, and The Selin’s Grove Brew Pub. Contact: email@example.com • www.SaltyandBaked.com • 570-360-9690 Hours: Year-round. Very flexible delivery times. Closed Christmas day and Thanksgiving day. Hand-crafted soft pretzels, small-batch homemade cookies, and scratch-made cakes for all occasions. Free warm delivery and frozen kits available!
Union COUNTY 71. Silver Moon/Rt. 15 Flea Market Map: C3 150 Silver Moon Lane, Lewisburg, PA 17837 Directions: 4 miles south of Interstate 80 off of exit 210 A onto Route 15. Behind Super Walmart. Turn at Sheetz. Traveling Route 15, 2 miles north of downtown Lewisburg. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.SilvermoonFleaMarket.com • 570-412-7113 Hours: Year-round. Every Sunday (except Easter), 8 AM-4 PM. Rain or shine. Find bargains on thousands of items. Find something new every week. Produce, meats, antiques, coins, fast foods, and home-cooked meals. 72. Susquehanna Valley Growers’ Market Map: C3 Reitz Blvd. in Brookpark, Lewisburg, PA 17837 Directions: From Route 15 take Route 45 to Reitz Boulevard (Brookpark). Turn right. 1/2 mile on the right. Contact: email@example.com • www.GrowersMarket.blogspot.com • 570-649-5186 Hours: Find Us Fridays. Outdoor: May-October, 2 PM-6 PM. Indoor: November-April, 2 PM-5 PM. Susquehanna Valley Growers Market is a group of local farmers committed to sustainably raising/growing product for the conscientious consumer. Organic practices are used. Find naturally raised, hormone and antibiotic-free, grass-fed beef.
Use our Growers’ Schedule to find the best time to purchase fruits and veggies. The chart will help ensure that you always bring home high-quality, locally grown foods in season! COMMODITIES EARLY MOST ACTIVE LATE FRUITS & BERRIES Apricots Early July Mid July Late July Apples July 15 Sept. 1 - Oct. 25 Oct. 31 Blackberries July 10 July 15 - July 30 Aug. 10 Blueberries July 20 July 5 - Aug. 10 Aug. 15 Cherries July 10 June 10 - June 25 June 25 Grapes Aug. 25 Sept. 10 - Sept. 20 Sept. 30 Peaches, Nectarines July 5 July 20 - Sept. 1 Sept. 15 Pears Aug. 1 Aug. 10 - Aug. 31 Sept. 10 Plums July 1 July 15 - Aug. 15 Sept. 1 Red Raspberries (Traditional) May 20 June 1 - June 10 June 25 Red Raspberries (Fall Bearing) Aug. 15 June 1 - June 10 Oct. 15 Strawberries May 20 June 1 - June 10 June 25 VEGETABLES Asparagus April 23 May 1 - May 30 June 25 Beets June 1 July 1 - Oct. 31 Nov. 30 Broccoli June 20 July 1 - Oct. 31 Nov. 1 Cabbage June 1 June 10 - Oct. 31 Nov. 15 Cauliflower Sept. 1 Oct. 5 - Nov. 20 Dec. 5 Collards May 15 Aug. 20 - Oct. 31 Nov. 20 Cucumbers June 25 July 5 - Aug. 15 Sept. 15 Eggplant July 10 July 20 - Sept. 30 Oct. 15 Lettuce (Late Spring) May 15 May 20 - July 15 Aug. 31 Lettuce (Early Fall) Sept. 1 Sept. 15 - Aug. 31 Oct. 31 Lima Beans July 10 July 15 - Aug. 31 Oct. 31 Okra July 15 Aug. 15 - Sept. 15 Oct. 15 Onions June 25 June 25 - July 31 Sept. 30 Peas May 20 June 15 - June 25 July 5 Peppers July 5 July 15 - Oct. 31 Nov. 5 Potatoes July 10 July 20 - Sept. 30 Oct. 15 Pumpkins Sept. 15 Oct. 1 - Oct. 15 Oct. 31 Rhubarb Late May Early June Late June Snap Beans June 10 June 20 - July 20 Aug. 31 Squash June 15 June 25 - Sept. 1 Sept. 30 Spinach April 15 May 5 - June 25 June 30 Sweet Corn July 1 July 5 - Aug. 31 Sept. 25 Tomatoes July 5 July 10 - Sept. 15 Oct. 15Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18 Page 19 Page 20 Page 21 Page 22 Page 23 Page 24 Page 25 Page 26 Page 27 Page 28 Page 29 Page 30
Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs