• Raining Fish Phenomenon— Australian researchers believe the “raining fish” phenomenon came from nervous birds.
• Texarkana Recreation Center officially opens after renovations.
• Rose Hill was named
Neighborhood of the Year Finalist by USA Neighborhoods.
• Leadership Texarkana graduates largest class in program history. • Literacy Council earns three of five state awards and honored at the Arkansas Governor’s Mansion in Little Rock. • Texarkana USA Chamber of Commerce wins national award from the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) for their Beyond the Line print publication.
• The inaugural Pitch It
Texarkana entrepreneurial competition was held in March.
• Caleb Bolden, a Pleasant Grove ISD graduate, was drafted by the Boston Red Sox.
• Gateway Farmers Market celebrates 25th anniversary.
• Bird scooters arrive in downtown Texarkana.
• New Veterans Affairs Clinic opens on Summerhill Road. • EF-3 tornado blew through the area on November 4.
2022 YEAR IN REVIEW
Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs