Health &Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
Getting To KnowThe Fritz PT Staff! BRIAN FRITZ MPT, CSCS
I wa s a l wa y s fascinated by how the human body worked and its ability to adapt and change. As a kid, I used to
extended family of small business owners and I always knew that I would open my own clinic. I saw an opportunity to do so in 2004. After waiting out a non-compete agreement from a previous employer, I opened Fritz PT in July of 2005. My goal was to create a clinic where the experience and needs of the patient were put above all else, focusing on the establishment of positive long-term relationships with our patients and community. Our philosophy was simple – everyone is a VIP. We base much of our treatment in private treatment rooms versus crowded gyms, ensuring our patients comfort every step of the way. We offer a blend of manual and movement based solutions for our patients’ conditions, providing them the tools to maintain their successes long after discharge.
line my walls with pictures of muscle diagrams and kinesiology pictures! I was always an avid exerciser and sport enthusiast playing football through high school and ice hockey through high school and college. I found that I really enjoyed solving problems and puzzles, and thought what puzzle was as complicated as the human body? I blended my interests and as an undergrad I pursued my passion for exercise, majoring in exercise science, quickly seeing physical therapy as the pinnacle of that academic pursuit. I completed my undergrad and then my Masters from University of Pittsburgh. I come from an
Health & Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
IS YOUR BACK PAIN SLOWING YOU DOWN? “I Was Experiencing Back Pain, So I Decided To Do Something About It.”
• How To Take Care Of Your Back • Healthy Recipe • Relieve Back Pain In Minutes • Patient Success Spotlight • Free Download
• Poor coordination of the abdominal, pelvic and back muscles
Is back pain causing you to move a little slower and more cautiously? If left untreated, chronic back pain can lead to long-term spinal joint and possibly nerve damage. Back pain is one of the most common physical complaints that people suffer from and more than 80% of the US population will experience back pain at some point in their lifetime. Back pain can interfere with your ability to bend, kneel, lift, reach, do work and enjoy time with your family. Not to mention, it can make you down right irritable and affect others around you. Why do I have Back Pain? Back pain occurs for a number of reasons, but has a few simple root causes: • Weakness in the spinal and core muscles of the trunk • Poor posture and strain on the spine with slouched sitting • Repetitive injury to muscles and tissues around the spine with poor lifting • Limited flexibility of the spine, hips and muscles of the thighs
Most people don’t seek treatment soon enough and continue to suffer with a nagging ache or pain in their back.They may even feel symptoms travel to the buttocks and legs. Many people feel that not much can be done for back pain and use medication to numb the pain to get through the day. However, medication mostly masks the pain and does nothing to address the root cause of the problem. Solutions to Back Pain Treating back pain starts with determining the true cause. A thorough evaluation of your movement, strength, posture and joint mobility can tell a lot about the true origins of your pain. Only then, can the proper plan be formulated to get you out of pain quickly and back to the activities you love. Whether you just tweaked your back or have been suffering for a long time, seeing one of our spine specialists can help you return to a more active and pain-free life.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BACK
1. Keep a Good Posture When you are standing, imagine a string through the top of your head lifting you straight up. This puts your neck, shoulders, spine and hips in natural alignment. With sitting, make sure you sit back in the chair with your feet on the floor and your lower back supported. Your shoulders should not slouch when sitting. Avoid soft couches when you can. 2. Lift Properly Picking things up is a normal part of our day. Even if you pick up some- thing light, your back muscles have to lift the weight of your upper torso and control that movement. Make sure you always face what you need to pick up, squat keeping your spine straight and push with your leg muscles. This helps reduce the excessive pressure on your spine. 3. Stay Flexible Flexibility is key to maintaining a healthy back. By keeping your body flexible, the normal forces of movement and lifting can be distributed across the spine, rather than focused onto a few segments, which can then fail. An easy stretching routine everyday can keep you feeling great and put a spring in your step. 4. Stay Strong You have hundreds of muscles, which control the movement of your spine. Major muscles that support the spine are called your core mus- cles and include your abdominal, pelvis, spinal and hip muscles. By
keeping your core muscles strong, you support your spine and have the ability to easily control lifting, quick movements, bending and a lot more.
5. Physical Therapy Our physical therapists are medical experts in evaluating spine and body movement. By having a regular check up, you can make sure your body is in good condition to tackle the activities you love. If you have a history of back pain, injury or are currently experiencing aches and pains, we can analyze your problem and construct a treatment program that will work best for your individual problem. With soothing hands-on therapy and targeted easy exercises we can help you return quickly to feeling your best. Even if you suffer from severe pain we can help you get out of pain and living the life you deserve. Call Today! 412-278-1221
EASY HOT APPLE CIDER
INGREDIENTS • 1 (64 fluid ounce) bottle apple cider • 3 cinnamon sticks
• 1 teaspoon whole allspice • 1 teaspoon whole cloves • 1/3 cup brown sugar
DIRECTIONS In a slow cooker, combine apple cider and cinnamon sticks. Wrap allspice and cloves in a small piece of cheesecloth, and add to pot. Stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and keep warm.
CALL TODAY: (412)278-1221
Physical Therapists Are The Mechanics Of Your Body
PATIENT SUCCESS SPOTLIGHT
I strongly would recommend Fritz!
Think PT First
“Fritz has done a lot for me. I have been unlucky with my back and a broken ankle and have relied on Fritz to get me back, and they have. I strongly would recommend Fritz to anyone.” – Mike C.
Why You Need To Come Back In For A Tune- Up: � Move without pain
� Sit for long periods comfortably
� Bend and move freely � Balance confidently and securely
� Walk for long distances � Live an active and healthy lifestyle
ATTENTION PAIN SUFFERERS
Relieve Back Pain In Minutes Try this movement if you are experiencing back pain.
Do you or someone you know have back or neck pain? As a current or past patient you have access to this valuable information, at your fingertips. Start feeling better today in the privacy of your home. Go to www.spinebook.net/ fritzphysicaltherapy for your free download.This is the easiest way to get this information to our patients. Download and share with friends and family today!
LOWER TRUNK ROTATIONS Lying on your back with your knees bent, gently rock your knees side-to-side. Repeat 8 times on both sides. Loosens Low Back
DOWNLOAD INSTANTLY AT: www.spinebook.net/fritzphysicaltherapy
lin an ex thr sc so pu I b I p in th I c froPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online