NEWSLETTER Health &Wellness
Virtual Appointments Available! Call Today!
INCREASE YOUR ENERGY BY GETTING UP &MOVING TODAY!
ALSO INSIDE • IMMUNITY BOOST GREEN GODDESS SOUP • BEGIN TELEHEALTH SERVICES TODAY • WHAT PATIENTS ARE SAYING!
NEWSLETTER Health &Wellness
Do you feel sluggish or fatigued, as if it’s difficult to motivate yourself to get moving? Do your sore muscles or achy joints just add to that lack of motivation? If so, your body may be experiencing some physical problems. Living a sedentary life is one of the main reasons why people report having low energy or feeling chronic day-to-day aches. Long car commutes, desk jobs, watching T.V. once you get home from work… many people live their lives this way, with very little physical activity. While it may not seem like it is making an impact at the time, this type of sedentary lifestyle can damage your body over time. Contact Willow Physical Therapy today to figure out how a consistent exercise plan can increase your energy and help you live a healthier life! Why is physical activity so important? When you don’t participate in frequent physical activity, your muscles begin to weaken and over time they can even begin to atrophy. Inactive lifestyles also cause joints to become stiff and can alter the physiological chemical processes within your body. In fact, your circulation and lymphatic systems can slow down, which can pose harmful risks. These systems work in producing and excreting toxic INCREASEYOUR ENERGYBY GETTINGUP& MOVINGTODAY!
wastes (such as cholesterol) and these wastes can build up when the systems aren’t functioning as efficiently as they should. Lack of movement and poor posture are the causes of several types of pain, including lower back pain, neck pain, hip pain, knee pain, shoulder pain, and headaches. A slumped posture can even change the shape of your spine over time, in addition to closing your shoulder joints and tightening up the tissues around your hips. These consequences can cause severe pain and may result in a host of other problems if lifestyle changes are not made. How can I get moving? There is one fundamental rule of the human body: it was made tomove! There are several reasons why people may not want to participate in physical activity. Perhaps your body simply doesn’t move the way it used to, or perhaps painful areas of your body make it difficult to move in the ways you’d like. Whatever the case may be, the truth is that restriction in movement has the potential to lead to harmful health problems.
Are you letting pain hold you back? Call to schedule your appointment today! 907-456-5990
1. Decide to get up and get moving 2. Get up from your chair every 20 minutes and walk around, even if it is just for a few seconds. 3. Walk or exercise at least 30 minutes every day. 4. Drink plenty of water. 5. Stretch your legs, hips, spine, and neck for 10 minutes every day. 6. Don’t push yourself too far if you feel pain. 7. Make sure you are sitting properly at your desk or computer. 8. Take frequent breaks for breathing exercises. Inhale and exhale deeply. 9. Stretch your arms overhead frequently throughout the day. 10. Do strengthening exercises 2-3 times per week. In order to be healthy, there needs to be a large emphasis on movement. When your body is flexible, strong, well-balanced, and fueled by a nutritious diet, it is able to perform at its optimal levels. At Willow Physical Therapy, we are dedicated to helping you live the best life you can, and our movement experts would be more than happy to help you relieve your pain, re-align your body, and get moving once again. If you are looking for assistance in living a more physically active life, contact us today. SOME EASY PAIN-RELIEF AND ENERGY-BOOSTING STEPS YOU CAN TAKE ON YOUR OWN INCLUDE:
Exercise Essentials Perform This Exercise To Relieve Back Pain In Minutes!
DEAD BUG | HEEL TOUCHES Lie on your back with your hands and knees raise upward, keeping your core engaged. Slowly lower one heel to the ground, then alternate sides, keeping your core engaged. Repeat 6-10 times on both sides.
Attention Pain Sufferers!
At Willow Physical Therapy we are only seeing patients if absolutely necessary. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we want to also encourage our patients to help prevent the spread of coronavirus by: YOUR HEALTH IN MIND!
We can help: Do You Know Someone Who Suffers With Pain?
STAYING HOME IF YOU ARE SICK
CLEANING HANDS OFTEN
AVOID TOUCHING YOUR FACE WITH UNWASHED HANDS
• Decrease their pain • Increase their strength • Increase their activity level
• Increase their confidence • Improve their health • Get back to living
Share This Coupon With A Friend Or Family Member FREE 15 MINUTE PHONE CONSULTATION WITH A PHYSICAL THERAPIST CARE TO SHARE
If you are feeling sick, we ask that you stay home and contact us to reschedule your appointment. Thank you!
Call Today 907-456-5990
Expiration Date: 6/28/20
ts Are Saying!
INGREDIENTS • 3 Cups baby spinach or super greens blend Healthy Recipe Immunity Boost Green Goddess Soup
“My appointment with my Physical Therapist has been successful and quite an experience. I am one normally not known for stretching or conducting exercise that will reduce my pain. My Therapist has demonstrated and participated in the process to get me back onto my feet and running again. Though the road to recovery can be long and arduous, sometimes encouragement and participation from the therapist can assist in the healing process.” - W. Johnson “My Therapist has demonstrated and participated in the process to get me back onto my feet and running again.”
• 1 clove whole peeled garlic • 2 tbsp fresh ginger, sliced • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper • 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
• 1/4 tsp wasabi powder (optional) • 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth • 1/2 cup coconut milk • Salt & pepper to taste • Squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice FOR GARNISH: • broccoli florets, lightly steamed • 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, thinned with milk • Chia seeds
DIRECTIONS Mix all ingredients (except those for the garnish) together using a high speed blender. Heat over stovetop until steaming hot. To serve, pour into a bowl and garnish with broccoli florets, a swirl of yogurt, and chia seeds.Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online