International Student Recruitment Officer Candidate Pack
The University of Law, a private university, (formerly the College of Law), is one of the UK’s leading and longest established providers of legal education and training with origins dating back to 1876 with the formation of the leading tutorial firm Gibson & Weldon and later on, with the establishment of The Law Society School of Law. In 1962 the two were amalgamated to establish The College of Law. The University was the first ever independent institution to be granted degree awarding powers, gaining University title (The University of Law) in 2012 before being bought by Global University Systems in 2015. Working right at the heart of the legal profession, the University brings together teaching of the highest quality, a focus on practical skills and innovative learning styles to deliver perfect preparation for life in legal practice and ongoing professional development. The University is in an ongoing, exciting period of growth and expansion with more than 10,000 students, circa 800 staff and 14 campuses across the UK and Hong Kong. Alongside its Legal education and training, it is also expanding its Business school offering both in the UK and in Berlin. All campuses are close to thriving commercial centres, leading law firms and have strong transport links. Each campus is a modern, well-equipped professional law school providing a comfortable and stimulating learning and working environment. The University has ambitious plans for the future and anticipates a significant increase in the number of applications in 2020/21, this is on top of two previous cycles of significant applicant growth. To support this growth we have expanded our International Student Recruitment team which includes this new appointment. The International Student Recruitment Officer will report directly to the Head of International Student Recruitment with specific responsibility for contributing to the ongoing international student recruitment activi- ties. This would involve representing the University across key international student recruitment markets and working with student recruitment agents. You would build relationships and brand awareness with school councillors and educational advisors in order to promote the University.
VISION, CORPORATE PLAN & STRATEGY
Vision and mission To be the global university of choice for the professions, by driving innovation in applied education to deliver outstanding employment outcomes. The University of Law exists to serve its students and their future employers by being global leaders in providing applied knowledge and skills.
Vision and Mission
Drawing on our heritage as one of the UK’s longest established law schools, we strive to build on our success through the ethos of IDEAS:
• Innovation - for our people, campuses, technology and business practices
Innovation and Growth
• Diversity - continuously improving the quality, quantity and flexibility of our courses
• Employability focus - ensuring our students are in demand by firms and businesses
• Ambition – inspiring the best in our students and society
• Success - academically and professionally for all
Student focus • The quality of the student experience is key to our ethos, reputation and our ability to recruit and be commercially successful We were ranked in the Top 10 for 5 core categories in the National Student Survey 2019 and in the same year were awarded Silver in the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework for our teaching, learning and outcomes. Our performance in the critical categories of teaching excellence and academic support for students is sector leading.
Widening participation We are committed to widening participation and diversity across all of the University’s programmes. • The University will continue to invest in alternative modes of study including part-time and online to enable the University to meet the needs of the students from the broadest possible range of backgrounds. Innovation and Growth • Our programme portfolio is constantly evolving to remain innovative, topical and relevant • Our reach is being extended through the creation of new campuses and partnerships Student Recruitment • Our reputation, and the global importance of the English legal system, position us well to increase overseas recruitment beyond our traditional UK-focused student base • We continue to grow student recruitment and develop our brand • We aim to provide a seamless approach to recruitment, ensuring clarity of offer and a genuine engagement with applicants throughout their application process • We continue to strengthen our ties with Alumni, celebrating their success and using our shared history to further enhance the student experience
People We strive to:
• Support the development of colleagues to enable the delivery of an even higher quality service • Recognise and reward strong performance
4. Guildford Campus
5. Leeds Campus
6. London Bloomsbury Campus
7. London Moorgate Campus
8. Manchester Campus
9. Nottingham Campus (new for 2019)
10. The University of Law at UEA in Norwich (new for 2019)
11. The University of Law in Exeter
12. The University of Law in Liverpool
13. The University of Law at Reading
All of our campuses are in thriving commercial areas and offer the same fully-resourced facilities, including well equipped IT suites with PCs for DVD and i-Tutorials, comprehensive law libraries with all the latest legal texts, quiet study areas and places to relax.
14. Hong Kong Centre (new for 2019 )
International Student Recruitment Officer Main Function of Job
Main Function of Job
• Reaching agreed revenue and student recruitment targets in allotted markets • Representing the University at education fairs and recruitment events (both nationally and internationally)
Department Marketing - International Reporting to Head of International Student Recruitment Location London Moorgate Direct Reports None
The International Student Recruitment Officer will report directly to the Head of International Student Recruitment.
• Contribute to the ongoing international student recruitment activities • Represent the University across key international student recruitment markets, working with student recruitment agents • Manage key regions and support GUS activities as and when required • Build relationships with school councillors and educational advisors in order to promote the University • Build brand awareness of the University in allotted markets • Participate in in-country conversion events and pre-departure events • Participate in school visits and agent visits including gathering direct market insight • Be a direct University contact for key agents and students from their respective markets • Work closely with our Student Immigration Compliance and Advice team, to develop market insight about compliance matters
Management of Agents
Working with the Head of International Student Recruitment to
• Manage a limited number of overseas agents to generate target income in identified international markets • Support international agents • Identify marketing media channels and monitor brand development opportunities
Delivery of Results and Targets
• Assist in the delivery of budgeted income for the relevant allocated programmes/territories and for specific key accounts
• Promote and sustain a constructive, supportive and friendly working relationship with all customers, external and internal, immediate and senior management and other work colleagues
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties as assigned by members of the Executive Board/Line Manager from time to time.
The job holder has a duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons with whom they come into contact at work. The job holder also has a duty to co-operate with the University in complying with any statutory duty or requirement concerning health and safety at work. In particular, they must familiarise themselves with the Health and Safety Policy and its safety and fire procedures.
This job description is to be read in conjunction with the relevant Roles and Responsibilities Career Level document.
This job description is correct at 27/11/19. It may vary in consultation with the post holder to reflect changes within the market place, within Marketing - International and within the University.
Training & Education
Essential • Educated to graduate level or equivalent
Training & Education
Desirable • Master’s degree • Professional Qualifications (especially marketing) Experience
Skills & Knowledge
Essential • Experience of working within an international target based sales environment • Experience of working within a university or education/provider • Experience of graduate and post-graduate international student recruitment Desirable • Experience of international agent recruitment and management • Experience of international conversion activity • Experience of university alumni activity Skills & Knowledge Essential • Excellent organisational and time management skills including ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks • Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills • Exhibit professional standards of behaviour at all times Desirable • Account management • Knowledge of Tier 4 Home Office student immigration compliance issues as they relate to the recruitment and admission of international students • High level of numeracy • Competency in one or more foreign languages
Essential • Ability to work in a target and results driven environment • Professional, credible, commands respect • Enthusiastic self-starter, highly goal oriented • Decisive • Creative and innovative • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills Special Circumstances
Essential • Willingness to spend significant periods of time travelling in the UK and internationally • Weekend / evening working
The University is being supported on this recruitment campaign by the search consultancy The Management Recruitment Group (MRG) .
To arrange a brief conversation please contact our advisor Sian Gardiner and Danielle Davies of MRG.
Sian Gardner E: firstname.lastname@example.org
T: 020 3962 9900 M: 07932 717 458
Danielle Davies E: email@example.com
T: 020 3962 9900 M: 07940 024 656
Applications should consist of a comprehensive CV and covering letter.Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14
Made with FlippingBook - Online Brochure Maker