Alex R. Hernandez Jr. - December 2019



While some people get angry after a crash, others may go in the opposite direction. You may feel the need to deeply apologize to the other driver, or make them feel like they aren’t the one to blame. While this can seem like a way to de-escalate the situation, you’re also hurting yourself in the long term. These actions could be construed as admitting fault for the accident, something even a skilled personal injury lawyer will have a hard time correcting in court.


So, if you do find yourself in an accident, remain calm, cool, and professional. It’s the best thing you can do moving forward.

Inspired by

‘Tis the season for holiday cheer! Share some cheer with your four-legged friends with these special holiday dog treats.


1 cup molasses

6 cups all-purpose flour

4 tbsp honey

2 tsp baking soda

1 cup water

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 tsp dried powder ginger



1. Heat oven to 350 F. 2. In a medium bowl, combine molasses, honey, water, and oil, and set aside. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing well until dough forms. 3. Separate dough into four equal balls. Wrap dough balls in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3–5 hours. 4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out chilled dough to 1/4-inch thick. Use dog- shaped cookie cutters to cut out treats. 5. Bake for 20–25 minutes on baking sheet until cookies start to brown. Carefully remove treats from the oven and let them cool completely before serving to your dog.

With all this in mind, it’s best to not take a shoplifting charge lying down. The accusation may have been the result of an improper search or other violation of police procedure, or the entire incident could have been a case of mistaken identity. Even if the evidence is stacked against you, a good lawyer may be able to negotiate deferred sentencing options and mitigate the harm this charge could have on your future. If you’re still living in the shadow of a shoplifting charge, we may be able to help. Depending on the length of time that’s passed and the circumstances of your conviction, getting the arrest sealed from the public record may be possible. To explore your options, give us a call at 1-888-439-5298.

1-888-HDZ-LAW-8 | 3

Made with FlippingBook - Online magazine maker