2. REPORT THE INJURY TO YOUR COMPANY In most situations, your employer will already know about your injury and reach out to you. But if they don’t, you must report the injury to your employer. This ensures there is a record of it and an opportunity for the employer to do the right thing. If there is a dangerous piece of equipment that needs to be fixed or another company that needs to be made aware of a dangerous employee, your employer should do this. It also allows documentation of the injury in the required timeline to get compensation (usually required within 72 hours of an injury). 3. ASK QUESTIONS If you don’t know what to do or have never been down this path before, you are not alone. Whether it’s researching as much as you can or reaching out to us, I encourage you to do it. Then, once you have exhausted your research and options, let us know. We can help you understand what your rights are and whether you even need a lawyer to resolve your claim. All workplace injuries deserve a thorough investigation. Know your rights and your options. We want to provide you with the information to make the best decision for your case, your career, and your family. Read our free information and give us a call with any questions you have. We are here for you. PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS AFTER A WORKPLACE INJURY
When you’re hurt at work, there are so many questions running through your head, not to mention the pain you’re feeling. You’re probably tempted to just go home and rest, especially if you’ve had medical treatment. But there are important steps you need to take right away after a workplace injury. If you are unable to carry them out, find someone who can, because protecting yourself after you’ve suffered an injury at work is as important as preventing one in the first place.
So, what are the first steps after a workplace injury?
1. SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION Even if your employer does not have workers’ compensation and doesn’t offer to send you to a doctor, make sure you find one to go to. If you need help figuring out why your employer is not helping with this, please just give us a call. We will help you.
HAVE A LAUGH
ROASTED PARMESAN PESTO POTATOES
It only takes 3 ingredients to make these crispy, flavorful potatoes. They’re the perfect side dish for any meal.
• 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered • 2 tablespoons basil pesto
• Salt and pepper, to taste • 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
3. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. 2. In large bowl, combine potatoes and
potatoes and put pan back in the oven. Roast for additional 10–15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and crispy. Remove from oven and serve warm.
pesto. Toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to large baking sheet or shallow roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast 20 minutes and remove from oven.
Recipe courtesy of TwoPeasAndTheirPod.com.
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker