Killeen ISD 2020 BENEFITS
Med i ca l Bene f i t s , con t ’ d…
MEDICAL CASH OUT OPTION
• You must submit an original Certificate of Coverage or Proof of Insurance Letter from your health insurance provider to the Employee Benefits Office. The information must include the following: Your name, type of coverage and date of coverage. No photocopies will be accepted. • The original Certificate of Coverage or Proof of Insurance Letter must be provided to the district on the following dates: o Annual Open Enrolment: During the annual open enrollment, October 01 st – 30 th . No later than the last day of open enrollment. o Hire Date: Information must be provided within 30 days of your start date.
• Failure to submit the proper documentation to the district on the above dates, will result in your selection being defaulted to the FSA Healthcare Reimbursement Account.
• Please note, if you select the “Cash Out” option, you will not be eligible for qualifying events for the remainder of the current benefit plan year.
• After your benefit selections have been made the “Remaining Amount” will be reflected in your monthly paycheck and will be taxed at your payroll tax rate.
• The above changes will be reflected in your paycheck following your effective date of coverage.
If you have questions, please contact the Employee Benefits Office at 254-336-0165
Made with FlippingBook - Online Brochure Maker