An Introduction to Our Services
The Story So Far...
The Management Recruitment Group was launched in 2007 in Twickenham, London, by CEO and founder Simon Cheshire. Focussing on senior appointments in the built environment, Simon wanted to create a service which was of a high level, working closely with clients to really understand the business and culture in order to make the best senior appointments. With a highly successful track record, MRG quickly went on to open offices in London Bridge and Manchester, widening their reach to the North of England. Entrepreneur and recruitment business owner Olly Plitz started his own business in the UAE 14 years ago, and has been operational in KL for over 8 years, launching his own company PPA Global Search in 2018. MRG were suitably impressed with Olly’s reputation in Kuala Lumpur and were delighted at the opportunity to work alongside him, expanding their remit into the Asian market.
MRG established in Twickenham, London
After 9 years working in London for Hill McGlynn Olly Piltz launches own specialist real estate search firm in Dubai, UAE
MRG launches their London Bridge Office
Olly moves to KL to join Gattaca as Director
Launch of the Manchester office expands MRGs reach to Northern regions
Olly is promoted to DMD of Gattaca, KL
Launches own Executive Search consultancy, PPA Global Search
MRG makes its first international acquisition with expansion into the KL market
Sells PPA to MRG Global to create MRG People Asia, serving the Asia Pacific Region as Managing Director.
MRG PA wins RPO for Lendlease Malaysia
Executive Search A project dedicated to sourcing mid to senior level management staff, utilising MRG’s full range of tools in order to source, analyse and on board the very best talent in a given market.
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) A full turnkey recruitment solution to manage all aspects of the talent acquisition process. An RPO ensures dedicated resource, fixed costs and expert advice in a more cost effective, flexible manor.
Management Consultancy If you are uncertain how to proceed with any recruitment situation, our recruitment lifecycle consultancy service provides SWOT analysis and detailed research into the best solutions and products available.
Project Based Recruitment Or multiple hire recruitment campaigns, need intricate planning and resource modelling, ensuring each recruitment campaign is started at the right time to fall in line with project requirements, (needs planning).
Market Mapping & Analysis A dedicated way to understand the size and scope of a market, the talent and capabilities within it and the potential limitations/advantages of engaging with any given talent pool. This is usually undertaken within short time scales to ensure information is as up to date and relevant as possible. Candidate Assessment Analysis Detailed candidate selection reducing the risk of making poor recruits. We undertake detailed candidate assessments and analysis using a range of MRG’s own tools, bespoke assessments and third party products. Focussing on behaviours, intelligence and competencies. The unique MRG Selection Matrix allows three dimensional candidate insights.
The Global Team
Simon Cheshire CEO of MRG Holdings Ltd.
Simon has worked in specialist management recruitment since 1986. He has previously held senior roles within an international recruitment consultancy, running and developing large scale recruitment operations in the UK, Australia and
Europe, as well as starting up green field sites. He has extensive experience in search at Director level, multiple hire campaigns, international resourcing campaigns and outsourcing.
Matthew Evans Director of MRG Holdings Ltd Head of MRG Global
Matthew joined MRG in 2013 as business sector director, and heads up the Real Estate Advisory team in London, working with a number of organisations to make key strategic hires across
the property industry. Matthew has successfully led the global expansion of MRG, and is responsible for launching the MRGPA brand. Matthew has been a Board Director since 2017 and is a trained expert in the use of Thomas International, and their Psychometric Assessment Tools.
Olly Piltz MD of MRG PA
Olly has historically worked with local and international businesses across Asia, identifying and where appropriate relocating, senior
executives from around the world into new senior management appointments in Asia. Having worked and lived in Kuala Lumpur for over 9 years, Olly brings to the company a wealth of knowledge of the market and clients within.
Katherine Beesely Finance Director of MRG Global
Katherine is a CIMA Qualified Finance Director operating from our London office. She has worked across IT, E-Commerce,
Electrical Contracting, Retail and Digital Media with a number of large groups, spanning the IT, Telecoms, E-Commerce and Building sectors. she has also worked in Practice, and has held Lead Finance roles within an award winning PE-backed Digital Agency and other businesses within the SME space.
Katherine also looks after procurement, office services, IT and HR functions within the business.
Fatima Ali Marketing Manager MRG Holdings Ltd
Fatima has spent over eight years in Property Marketing. Starting her career at the former Athletes’ Village following the 2012 London Olympics working with Delancey and Qatari Diar, transforming the Olympic Village into a highly celebrated residential neighbourhood, East Village.
Fatima continued her career in property marketing by working at Carter Jonas, heading up their marketing for the Planning and Development division and then moving on to Empiric Student Property shortly after. Fatima spearheads our usage of Flipbook technology and regularly assists with client campaigns, creating content for the likes of Lendlease, JLL, and prominent British educational institutions.
MRG PA is supported by a global team of 40-strong employees.
A Snapshot of Clients Include
Client : Lendlease Malaysia Position : Head of Development & PM&C Recruitment Solution : 2 Stage Retained Search Recruitment Period : 12 weeks
• The brief had a number of key criteria; the candidate must be Malaysian or be in Malaysia with an intention of staying in Malaysia for the foreseeable future, have real estate development, project management and construction experience from sufficiently process lead, safety conscious, preferably international organisations and have extensive exposure to large complex joint venture / master developed mixed used schemes with large retail elements of 1m+ NLA’s. • On retention by the client, MRG PA met with the senior management team in Singapore. We requested that due to their uniqueness in Malaysia that the search look at the individual and not the company, thus allowing MRG PA to explore exceptionally talented candidates with relevant project experience in what could be seem as non-comparable companies. • Our initial market map consisted of 150 CEO, COO, Executive Director level Malaysian candidates. Over a 6-week period these candidates were approached and considered, each week the longlist was present to the client stakeholder team for review and rejection of known candidates. • At the 8-week stage after having interviewed, rejected, accepted / considered all 100+ candidates, MRG PA presented a longlist of 30 candidates to the client stakeholder team. From this list of 30, 5 candidates were mutually agreed for second round interview by us and then client stakeholder team. • From the 5 shortlisted candidates, two candidates were hired, one for the role, one for a lesser role and a third candidate has been placed in holding until the correct project starts, but will be hired.
Client : Sime Darby Property Position : Head of Industrial & Logistics Development, Malaysian Vision Valley Recruitment Solution : Exclusive Executive Search Recruitment Period : 10 weeks
• MRG PA’s initial brief was based on an exclusive executive search to find the Head of Industrial & Logistic Development for MVV 2.0, reporting into the CEO & Head of Investment for MVV 2.0 and managing the entire MVV 2.0 team. • Sime Darby had been looking for a suitable candidate for this for the last year and had interviewed 30 candidates. All of which had failed to get past the first round interview stage, as such the role had been widely publicised and was known to the local talent pool. • The role was responsible for leading the team that manages the end to end business development, marketing, investment, development and construction for the initial phase of MVV which consisted of 2000+ acres of master planned industrial & logistic hub (4.0) development. • On retention by the client, MRG PA met with Head of HR at the client’s HQ in Ara Damansara, it was agreed that whilst an extensive search of the local market was preferred, the client was now open to regional expats. The client also required that the search was conducted as quickly as possible.
• The process was started by identifying the key industrial & logistic hub developers across Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines.
• Thereafter, a specific talent market map was created from the above list.
• From the market map, a longlist and then a shortlist of candidates was formed.
• After a thorough interviewing process, we presented three candidates, of which two got through to the final round of interviewing and one was hired.
Client : Pavilion Group (Malton Berhad) Position : Senior Construction Director Recruitment Solution : Market Map & Analysis & Executive Search Recruitment Period : 8 weeks
• The initial brief was to conduct a 4 week long market map for a Senior Development Director, followed by a market map analysis and a shortlist of candidates thereafter.
• The current incumbent was still in position, therefore the company and project had to be kept confidential. The client had been trying to replace the incumbent for 4 months.
• The role was focused on managing the project management department of the Pavilion Groups Bukit Jalil project.
• On retention by the client, MRG PA met with the leadership team in Kuala Lumpur where the stakeholders explained the brief.
• The initial market map was to be focused on Mandarin or Cantonese speaking Senior Construction Directors that had extensive management experience in delivering large mixed retail schemes.
• MRG PA approached 90 candidates in the first two weeks, and over the course of the next two weeks these candidate were assessed against the client selection criteria.
• Of the 90 mapped candidates, 25 candidates were interviewed, 15 were rejected, 5 declined the role and 5 were shortlisted.
• From the longlist of candidates, 3 senior leadership candidates were put forward to the client.
• The client interviewed 2 candidates and hired one.
• Total time to hire was 8 weeks including offer management.
Client : TRX City Sdn Bhd Position : Infrastructure Design Development Director Recruitment Solution : 2 Stage Retained Search Recruitment Period : 12 weeks
• TRX City Sdn Bhd is a government owned company and the master developer behind the 78 acre, 36 plot, 26.6 billion TRX City project in Kuala Lumpur, tipped to be the new financial district for Kuala Lumpur, it is the only project in Kuala Lumpur to have MRT1 MRT2 interchanges on it; it is worth noting that Prudential, HSBC and Affin bank are all building commercial properties on the project. Lendlease has joint ventured for 17 of the 78 acres and is developing The Exchange TRX project consisting of a 2m GFA Mall, 3 residential towers, a commercial tower and a hotel.
• The brief, based on a two stage executive search was to find an Infrastructure Design Development Director
• The role reported to CEO of TRX City Sdn Bhd and had the key brief to ensure the infra- structure both inside and outside the development was fully integrated and could handle the new footfall the development would bring. • The key criteria; the candidate must have developed infrastructure project experience but for a build project, have worked on similar complex projects through initial infra- structure design development phase and have worked in a GOC /GLC project or company environment whether for the Malaysia or any other government.
• On retention by the client, MRG PA met the senior management team in Malaysia a number of times to discuss and define the brief and the search criteria.
• It was agreed that MRG PA would provide a minimum longlist of 20 candidates, of which we would shortlist five, and present them within a 12-week period.
• Our initial search focused on identifying major master developed projects in the Middle East and Europe, following which we used various search tools to identify 30 candidates. We longlisted to 20 after the first round of candidate interviews. • After a thorough interviewing process, we presented five candidates, of which we highly recommended one over the other. He was successfully hired, leading the development for the duration of his contract
MRG Recent Campaigns (Click on images to view)
If you’d like to find out more about MRG PA and our capabilities, please contact Regional Managing Director Olly Plitz at email@example.comPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14
Made with FlippingBook Ebook Creator