Student Recruitment Quality Assurance Officer Candidate Pack
The University of Law, a private university, (formerly the College of Law), is one of the UK’s leading and longest established providers of legal education and training with origins dating back to 1876 with the formation of the leading tutorial firm Gibson & Weldon and later on, with the establishment of The Law Society School of Law. In 1962 the two were amalgamated to establish The College of Law. The University was the first ever independent institution to be granted degree awarding powers, gaining University title (The University of Law) in 2012 before being bought by Global University Systems in 2015. Working right at the heart of the legal profession, the University brings together teaching of the highest quality, a focus on practical skills and innovative learning styles to deliver perfect preparation for life in legal practice and ongoing professional development. The University is in an ongoing, exciting period of growth and expansion with more than 10,000 students, circa 800 staff and 14 campuses across the UK and Hong Kong. Alongside its Legal education and training, it is also expanding its Business school offering both in the UK and in Berlin. All campuses are close to thriving commercial centres, leading law firms and have strong transport links. Each campus is a modern, well-equipped professional law school providing a comfortable and stimulating learning and working environment. The University has ambitious plans for the future and anticipates a significant increase in the number of applications in 2020/21, this is on top of two previous cycles of significant applicant growth. Reporting to the Director of Academic Registry, the Student Recruitment Quality Assurance Officer will be responsible for auditing the conversion and recruitment activity carried out by the University’s external conversion and recruitment teams.
VISION, CORPORATE PLAN & STRATEGY
Vision and mission To be the global university of choice for the professions, by driving innovation in applied education to deliver outstanding employment outcomes. The University of Law exists to serve its students and their future employers by being global leaders in providing applied knowledge and skills.
Vision and Mission
Drawing on our heritage as one of the UK’s longest established law schools, we strive to build on our success through the ethos of IDEAS:
• Innovation - for our people, campuses, technology and business practices
Innovation and Growth
• Diversity - continuously improving the quality, quantity and flexibility of our courses
• Employability focus - ensuring our students are in demand by firms and businesses
• Ambition – inspiring the best in our students and society
• Success - academically and professionally for all
Student focus • The quality of the student experience is key to our ethos, reputation and our ability to recruit and be commercially successful We were ranked in the Top 10 for 5 core categories in the National Student Survey 2019 and in the same year were awarded Silver in the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework for our teaching, learning and outcomes. Our performance in the critical categories of teaching excellence and academic support for students is sector leading.
Widening participation We are committed to widening participation and diversity across all of the University’s programmes. • The University will continue to invest in alternative modes of study including part-time and online to enable the University to meet the needs of the students from the broadest possible range of backgrounds. Innovation and Growth • Our programme portfolio is constantly evolving to remain innovative, topical and relevant • Our reach is being extended through the creation of new campuses and partnerships Student Recruitment • Our reputation, and the global importance of the English legal system, position us well to increase overseas recruitment beyond our traditional UK-focused student base • We continue to grow student recruitment and develop our brand • We aim to provide a seamless approach to recruitment, ensuring clarity of offer and a genuine engagement with applicants throughout their application process • We continue to strengthen our ties with Alumni, celebrating their success and using our shared history to further enhance the student experience
People We strive to:
• Support the development of colleagues to enable the delivery of an even higher quality service • Recognise and reward strong performance
4. Guildford Campus
5. Leeds Campus
6. London Bloomsbury Campus
7. London Moorgate Campus
8. Manchester Campus
9. Nottingham Campus (new for 2019)
10. The University of Law at UEA in Norwich (new for 2019)
11. The University of Law in Exeter
12. The University of Law in Liverpool
13. The University of Law at Reading
All of our campuses are in thriving commercial areas and offer the same fully-resourced facilities, including well equipped IT suites with PCs for DVD and i-Tutorials, comprehensive law libraries with all the latest legal texts, quiet study areas and places to relax.
14. Hong Kong Centre (new for 2019 )
Student Recruitment Quality Assurance Officer Main Function of Job
Main Function of Job
• Auditing the conversion and recruitment activity carried out by the University’s external conversion and recruitment teams. This will involve reviewing call records, email records and other recruitment materials against set guidelines to ensure compliance • Developing an expert understanding of the University’s products and procedures as well as the broader higher education landscape • Setting research tasks and projects with a view to providing sug- gestions on where we can develop our recruitment services and giving constructive feedback to the recruitment teams
Department Registry Reporting to Director – Academic Registry Location London Moorgate Direct Reports None
The Student Recruitment Quality Assurance Officer will report directly to the Director – Academic Registry with a dotted line into the Head of Conversion and Recruitment Compliance
• Conduct the required number of reviews of phone calls and emails on a day to day basis. Calls and emails will be reviewed against set guidelines to ensure they are compliant with the University’s commercial and regulatory standards and those of external regulators such as the Office for Students • Escalate any issues to the Director – Academic Registry and Head of Conversion and Recruitment Compliance • Produce monthly reports on quality standards • Produce clear, constructive feedback that can be communicated to the external recruitment teams • Own and develop the auditing process and guidelines where necessary
Product and Process Knowledge
• Engage with a range of internal stakeholders to ensure a sufficient level of understanding and expertise. This will include stakeholders from the following departments; Law faculty, Business faculty, Marketing, Admissions, the International Visa Office, Finance and International Student Recruitment
Training and Recruitment Support Materials
• Work alongside members of the Conversion and Recruitment Compliance team to identify training needs and other support materials that can be used to assist the external recruitment teams • Review and refresh training and support materials at regular intervals to ensure accuracy and relevance
Research and Sector Expertise
• Develop expertise of the higher education regulatory landscape to be used for quality assur- ance purposes and to train recruitment staff • Use the knowledge gained in the auditing process to identify recruitment issues • Research recruitment solutions commonly used elsewhere in the higher education sector and feedback where these can be adopted by the university
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties as assigned by members of the Executive Board from time to time.
The job holder has a duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons with whom they come into contact at work. The job holder also has a duty to co-operate with the University in complying with any statutory duty or requirement concerning health and safety at work. In particular, they must familiarise themselves with the Health and Safety Policy and its safety and fire procedures.
This job description is to be read in conjunction with the relevant Roles and Responsibilities Career Level document.
This job description is correct at 18/11/2019. It may vary in consultation with the post holder to reflect changes within the market place, within Registry and within the University.
Training & Education
Essential • Educated to degree level or equivalent or achieved a relevant professional qualification Desirable • Quality Assurance professional qualification such as Six Sigma Experience Essential • Experience in auditing communications or other quality assurance work • Experience in report writing • Experience in creating high quality written feedback and recommendations • Experience in creating training materials Desirable • Experience of auditing or performing quality assurance roles for a recruitment or sales team Skills & Knowledge Essential • Exceptional written and verbal communication skills • Knowledge & understanding of recruitment activity in higher education • Knowledge of the regulatory landscape in higher education • Excellent attention to detail and comprehension skills • Ability to write concise, meaningful reports for an executive level audience • Ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders
Training & Education
Skills & Knowledge
Desirable • Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM or Salesforce
Essential • Excellent listening and observational skills • Able to assess situations quickly • Comfortable working in a fast paced environment • Able to build relationships quickly • Able to remain objective and take a fact based, analytical approach Special Circumstances
Essential • Flexibility to travel as needed to different ULaw centres
The University is being supported on this recruitment campaign by the search consultancy The Management Recruitment Group (MRG) .
To arrange a brief conversation please contact our advisor Sian Gardiner of MRG on 020 3962 9900 / 07932 717 458 or at email@example.com.
Applications should consist of a comprehensive CV and covering letter.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 9th Febrary 2020.Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14
Made with FlippingBook - Online magazine maker